Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 33

Author Topic: [47.02 - .47.05] Adventurecraft (latest update 11/27/2022)  (Read 144303 times)

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: [.44.01 - 5] Adventurecraft (yet another Wanderer's Friend derivative)
« Reply #300 on: January 20, 2018, 09:05:07 pm »

The main reason for the carpenter file difference is the shield reactions have been changed, and moved to the reaction file for adventurecraft reactions. Difference is mainly that you don't need the workshop to craft them.

As for new items, largely out of force of habit (placing items where they would belong in vanilla), I hadn't really had a lot of requests and questions about mod mixing actually.  ^^"
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Kamdiere

• Bay Watcher
  • [PERMITTED_JOB:SPINERATOR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: February 12, 2018, 07:29:46 am »

I'm having a problem with skulls not being recognized by reactions. Bug or did I improperly install the mod? I have a handful of others added in so I had to manually go through and merge a few files, but I may have missed something.
Performing oral sex is like thinking rationally: all humans are technically capable of doing so, but most can't do it well and few choose to do so on a daily basis.

GENERATION 29:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: February 12, 2018, 01:48:28 pm »

Likely cause would be changed to material_template_default, as I had to do some fuckery there just to make skulls usable in the first place. Otherwise I've had an issue with skulls acting as though they had no material and/or no associated usage tokens, despite Max's sorcery somehow getting the damn things to work when repeating his steps usually failed for me. :V
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile

Welp, another update and another version with no raw changes breaking compatibility.

Verified compatibility with 44.06. Heavily rebalanced alcohol and venom durations based on testing of DWF_STRETCH, so now booze and venom will act at a more consistent rate relative to fortress mode. Made plump helmet men slightly less prone to getting their shit kicked in (or rather, getting their shit kicked OFF).
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

LizardKing

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXP:0]
    • View Profile

Hi there. I've been mucking around with DF for the first time in 7 years, and this mod seemed like a good way to spice up adventurer mode. Seems pretty cool so far (once I figured out how DF handles holding/putting/dropping/picking up). Only thing I can't figure out is how to build the workshop. Any time I press B it says I can't build there. I tried moving away from settlements and whatnot. Does it need to be on solid rock or something? I think the only rocky terrain on my map is in the far corners.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile

That'd be a vanilla issue, as the construction feature is hard-coded. You basically need to be in the wilderness to do so, being too close to towns, the coast, to far up a mountain, a lair, etc all seem to mess with that.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

LizardKing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That'd be a vanilla issue, as the construction feature is hard-coded. You basically need to be in the wilderness to do so, being too close to towns, the coast, to far up a mountain, a lair, etc all seem to mess with that.

Ah, I see. I searched around all over the place but couldn't find out what the requirements were. Guess I'll do some wandering then. Thanks.

LizardKing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Okay, got that stuff working. I'm playing a large animal person so it's nice to be able to melt down all these useless small things and make weapons and armour that fits me. One more  thing though: With gauntlets, is there any way (using dfhack or something) to get ones that will fit?

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile

Okay, got that stuff working. I'm playing a large animal person so it's nice to be able to melt down all these useless small things and make weapons and armour that fits me. One more  thing though: With gauntlets, is there any way (using dfhack or something) to get ones that will fit?

DFHack is the only way, yeah. You'll need to find the autofixhandedness script.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

LizardKing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

DFHack is the only way, yeah. You'll need to find the autofixhandedness script.

That's so much easier to find with an actual name to go on. I found this one here, which is pretty old, but seems to work fine. I've got some nice iron gauntlets that fit now. Thanks again :) Hopefully that's everything.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile

Glad that it works.

Meanwhile...oof, an updoot. Minor idea stuff mostly, though I am mildly proud of having made centaur-style bodies behave a little more sanely.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Seshien

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: [.44.10 - 44.12] Adventurecraft (yet another Wanderer's Friend derivative)
« Reply #311 on: August 10, 2018, 05:26:19 am »

Hey, love that mod :). Did you thought about adding ore smelting? That would be lovely for reclaiming old fortresses, and then using ore from them to make your own armor and weapons :). If it doesn't sounds good for you, could I ask for help how to add it by myself? I searched raws and I don't see any reaction for smelting ore. Is adding a reaction for each type of ore requiring that ore, logs, forge and creating bars would work? 

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: August 10, 2018, 01:33:44 pm »

Hey, love that mod :). Did you thought about adding ore smelting? That would be lovely for reclaiming old fortresses, and then using ore from them to make your own armor and weapons :). If it doesn't sounds good for you, could I ask for help how to add it by myself? I searched raws and I don't see any reaction for smelting ore. Is adding a reaction for each type of ore requiring that ore, logs, forge and creating bars would work?

I've considered it, but it can be pretty rare in use for most players unless you deliberately set it up in fort mode. Even the existing reaction to break a boulder apart into small rocks is likewise little more than a footnote, and in practice the "break down any stone item" reaction is useful more often, even if it doesn't yield stone 100% of the time. Making alloys from bars would be useful in more circumstances, but giving the player the ability to make steel by scavenging iron goods would be hilariously broken. Conversely, tin goods are such a crapshoot to find that bronzemaking would be quite underused regardless of whether it uses ores or bars.

However, if you want to take a stab at it, reaction_smelter is the file where the raw-defined alloy reactions are found, and you can convert them into non-workshop versions without too much insanity. Some things to keep in mind though:
1. Adventurecraft relies on producing and using single units of "bar" when fort-mode metalworking operate on the assumption that a bar is 150 units. This is due to some giant pain-in-the-ass reaction bugs that crop up in adventure mode.
2. I don't know if the stuff like [REAGENT:A:1:METAL_ORE:ZINC] plays well with adventure mode reactions. My preferred handling is to exploit REACTION_CLASS and/or HAS_MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT, because that avoids some other things that I've seen crop up with ANY_BONE_MATERIAL and related stuff.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Seshien

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: August 11, 2018, 05:33:50 am »

To be honest balance in adventure mod is almost nonexistant anyway. It just isn't focus of developers I think. You can become legendary fighter and wrestler in 30 minutes and only roleplaying stop people from doing it.

Okey, fair enough. Thanks for advice, I will try to make a mod for it itself :)

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: August 12, 2018, 01:28:50 pm »

To be honest balance in adventure mod is almost nonexistant anyway. It just isn't focus of developers I think. You can become legendary fighter and wrestler in 30 minutes and only roleplaying stop people from doing it.

Okey, fair enough. Thanks for advice, I will try to make a mod for it itself :)

True, and I'm hardly any good at balancing myself. I end up with rough ideas to follow, but even then they sometimes clash. Like how I tried to make it so that the right kind of stone will generally be better for weapons than basic bone, but conversely I made top-tier bone and such strong enough to encourage the player to make items from megabeasts, titans, etc.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 33