Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 33

Author Topic: [47.02 - .47.05] Adventurecraft (latest update 11/27/2022)  (Read 145199 times)

SammyLiimex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [.44.10 - 44.12] Adventurecraft (yet another Wanderer's Friend derivative)
« Reply #330 on: February 03, 2019, 10:00:43 pm »

Welp, there we go. Sorry that it took a while to add that, some interruptions came up while working on the reactions. Minor sidenote, you can now guess what gender charcreation picked from the skill menu for most creatures, as it picks caste at the very start and cites either the expected default profession names, or the caste profession name if the selected caste has one.

Thank you.  Since its so late,  will need to check it out later in the week probably.  Ill let you know what I think or if I find anything weird.

SammyLiimex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: February 09, 2019, 04:40:04 pm »

I started the mod up last night, got some companions and attacked some goblin bandits.   Haven't had much time to try the crafting yet, probably will next time.  All the options seem great so far

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: February 10, 2019, 12:28:00 pm »

Thanks, hope it goes well.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

SammyLiimex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: February 14, 2019, 09:40:06 pm »

Is there any way to get gold or platinum outside of delving into a dwarf underground and hoping for the best for something to melt down?

SammyLiimex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: February 18, 2019, 05:37:11 pm »

I killed a giant and took his heart back to my base, but I can't extract anything from his heart, it doesnt show up in the crafting list as a heart.  Its in my hand, and I have tried to have it on the floor as well. 

Are giants set to be sentient?  I also couldnt eat giant meat.

SammyLiimex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: February 19, 2019, 11:00:28 am »

I killed a giant and took his heart back to my base, but I can't extract anything from his heart, it doesnt show up in the crafting list as a heart.  Its in my hand, and I have tried to have it on the floor as well. 

Are giants set to be sentient?  I also couldnt eat giant meat.

I think I found the problem, I for some reason had original RAWs for creature standard, so it didnt produce a mega heart and it was set to learn.  I replaced the creature standard raws with the adventure craft one, but I still cant extract from his heart.  Is that because the heart I have isnt a mega heart?

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: February 19, 2019, 12:21:03 pm »

Yeah, most likely it's still using the old material due to being created before you applied the override. This is kinda why mods tend to be all-or-nothing unless a lot of effort is put into carefully combining them...
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

SammyLiimex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: February 19, 2019, 01:13:29 pm »

Yeah, most likely it's still using the old material due to being created before you applied the override. This is kinda why mods tend to be all-or-nothing unless a lot of effort is put into carefully combining them...

Are hearts created when you butcher a monster, or will all megabeasts already have normal hearts, requiring a new world gen?

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: February 20, 2019, 12:32:23 pm »

I'm not sure actually, would be something to test. It might apply when you butcher the creature, but the material also comes into play for the living critter too (though that might be better about retroactive updates than items).
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

UristMcVampire

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING][BLOODSUCKER]
    • View Profile

How for the love of Armok do I kill a shoggoth!?
GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Naga/Lamia race

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile

How for the love of Armok do I kill a shoggoth!?

Taking it on in a straight fight is a bit of a puzzle, mostly because it's extremely hard to balance a blob monster in such a way that it isn't either hilariously easy to one-shot or literally unkillable.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Kavrick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Been Having a pretty massive issue with this mod constantly causing my game to crash in adventure mode, no idea why, i'm not trying to use any other mods alongside it, and i really like the look of the crafting system :/

Also i was wondering if there's a way to have the mod with only the crafting stuff? The civ race stuff changes the game in a way i'm not a fan of, with all the races having civs everywhere, it seems to make finding goblin pits far harder.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2019, 08:11:22 pm by Kavrick »
"how can they not fight in glorious hand to hand combat, face to face with their adversaries, like all true champions of the battlefield do?"

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile

Er, are you...do you have any errorlog content? I'm not sure what might cause crashing beyond the usual vanilla troubles. As for the crafting, I'd have to work on it, and been kinda not that active as of late (IRL things ate up a lot of my free time as of late), though once the update hits...
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Kavrick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Er, are you...do you have any errorlog content? I'm not sure what might cause crashing beyond the usual vanilla troubles. As for the crafting, I'd have to work on it, and been kinda not that active as of late (IRL things ate up a lot of my free time as of late), though once the update hits...

I managed to fix it, i think it was just an issue with TWBT being TWBT, although another thing i've noticed is that bonecrafting seems to work weirdly with bones, not sure if it's intended but when i went to make a bone stave with a stack of 21 lion bones, it used up all 21, same thing happened when i made a tooth dagger, i had 4 and it used up all 4, is this intended?

Edit: Yeah i re-tested it, made a single large dingo bone dagger, it used up 14 bones.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2019, 09:50:07 am by Kavrick »
"how can they not fight in glorious hand to hand combat, face to face with their adversaries, like all true champions of the battlefield do?"

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile

Oof. That's mentioned as one of the fucky things about crafting in general. Notice how in vanilla adventure boecarving, everything you can make would logically only require a single bone. If you tried to make a recipe demand more than one bone, bar of metal, piece of cloth etc, it'll work fine in fortress mode but start acting up in adventure mode. Usual result tends to be it'll demand a separate stack for every unit requested, then take 1 from each stack, which would get downright fucky once you get to armor and other things that logically should be taking several bones at once.

And then you get to leather goods, where every hide is just one single unit and therefore 1 corpse will always equal 1 leather item, and at that point it ends up being a choice between:
1. Letting the player make hundreds of dragon bone goods from a single dragon yet only ever getting 1 scale item from each.
2. Needing several stacks of filler to actually use those dragon bones for armor (and still being able to make a ton if you do juggle this requirement), with high risk that it's going to pick the weaker bones as the primary material (meaning none of the benefits).
3. Just exploiting REACTION_CLASS so that at least it's consistent relative to how leather is handled, while also sidestepping all of these conundrums.

It's even worse with bars (average product size 150), cloth (average product size 10000), or thread (15000) for rather obvious reasons, and that's why in Adventurecraft the reactions are exploitable as all hell if you use cloth/thread/bars/sheets/etc spawn in sites instead or handmade ones (the reactions produce products with a unit size of 1 and consume only 1 unit to avoid these shenanigans).
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 33