Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 33

Author Topic: [47.02 - .47.05] Adventurecraft (latest update 11/27/2022)  (Read 145197 times)

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: [47.02 - .47.03] Adventurecraft (yet another Wanderer's Friend derivative)
« Reply #390 on: February 25, 2020, 06:53:00 pm »

That's...odd. Nothing in the mod should be causing that at all, because the dwarven civ still has [SITE_CONTROLLABLE] in it, which controls fortress mode playability and the "always place a playable civ" togglein advanced worldgen.

I just now grabbed my raws and generated a civ, pocket world at five years with civs at minimum, and maximum sites after worldgen after minimum, and I'm not able to reproduce this so far. You said this is happening in vanilla too, though? Not sure what's causing it then, maybe standard worldgen is failing to respect the "don't forget to spawn the dorfs too" property so it just happens at random?
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

sxtxixtxcxh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: February 25, 2020, 08:00:04 pm »

yeah, i didn't think your mod should be causing this issue after reading through all these raws and diffing them against the vanilla raws and everything. but nah, i tried restoring vanilla raw/objects and i get dwarf civs just fine, but replacing the raw/objects folder (that is, a full replace: delete raw/objects, copy raw/objects from the mod download, paste... not a folder merge or overwrite) with the mod's, and everything goes sideways again. i even tried fortress mode and my starting 7 were humans and elves.

i wonder if it's a file encoding thing? the one thing that previously linked streamer and i have in common is we're both on windows. i'll keep poking at this... and see if i can't figure out what's wrong but i'm running out of ideas. it is helpful to know that it's _not_ what's supposed to happen though.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: February 25, 2020, 10:52:12 pm »

Eh...that still sounds like either some sort of mixup, or else strange worldgen luck, because I still can't reproduce this so far. On Windows as well, 10 specifically, so that's not very likely to be the cause... :/
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Snipa299

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: February 27, 2020, 04:12:39 am »

I've been having the same problems as well. Humans have been living in mountain halls and hillocks, the gobins are in forest retreats, and in my experience, everything seems "stable" in savage areas. However, the moment I go into more populated areas (small hamlets seem fine, but towns, cities, and fortresses look to be more likely to crash), there's something going on in the background that causes the game to crash. I've recreated the crash, and attached the errorlog. Conditions were an elf in a wild boar town. Loaded in, and crashed after attempting to move one space.

As a side note, I've done this with a fresh install of 47.03, the latest version of adventurecraft, and with a total raw replacement.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
A large portion of the error log had to be trimmed out to be postable. It was just more of the "unit as misaligned bp modifiers" messages.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2020, 07:42:49 am by Snipa299 »

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: February 27, 2020, 12:22:32 pm »

Woah wait. Oh fuck me, I see what the error is there. I miiiight've deleted an obsolete file in my file changes folder, but not in the copy of the raws I transfer them to. With GDS now living in creature_adventurecraft rather than creature_savage_tropical, that means a raw duplicate. Which honestly means I'm amazed the issues has been fairly consistent, given how absurd raw dupes can usually get.

Last time I accidentally triggered a raw dupe while testing another mod, people were wearing clothes made out of fire man skin (note that they do not HAVE skin) and "unknown substance" (AKA the stuff 40d-era tentacle demons used to use, and it being grouped alongside FILTH_Y and FILTH_B has concerning implications).

In any case, fix should be up by now, and sorry I didn't realize that until seeing the log.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Snipa299

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: February 27, 2020, 02:00:41 pm »

The magic of error logs. Thanks for the fix! Now I can finally get some new clothes for my animal man adventurer.
And since I haven't had much time to take a look around, I don't suppose there's a way to treat infection in this mod, is there? I don't think my adventurer has much time left...

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: February 27, 2020, 02:11:31 pm »

Yeah, what's weird is I could've sworn I did the usual tests and didn't get any errorlogs. But, I can't recall if raw dupes only start generating errors when you start loading them in in-game, or if I simply bungled it and somehow let creature_savage_tropical slip in.

And there are a few options yeah, though I don't know how potent CE_CURE_INFECTION is at present. That said, necrosis is pretty weak in effect last I checked, there are evidently some bugs with it too, so hopefully you're not in that big trouble. :3
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Snipa299

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: February 27, 2020, 03:20:16 pm »

Hopefully not. Besides, I don't think this mod can help with that since I can't really find a way to convert vanilla worlds.

sxtxixtxcxh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: February 27, 2020, 08:11:48 pm »

nice. confirmed working for me now... that x -> create menu is glorious

(i'm sure i could have tried it out before, but i couldn't let having those civs messed go)
« Last Edit: February 27, 2020, 08:21:52 pm by sxtxixtxcxh »

Snipa299

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: February 28, 2020, 08:57:33 pm »

Do NPCs repair items automatically if they have the means to do so? And if not, would it be possible to implement that?

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: February 28, 2020, 11:25:15 pm »

Do NPCs repair items automatically if they have the means to do so? And if not, would it be possible to implement that?

Sadly, not even remotely possible. I could add a fortress-mode reaction to queue up so players can do it manually, but there's no way to sanity-check for pre-worn gear automatically, so they'd be wasting material on repairing potentially-intact items. Adventurer reactions are never used by NPCs either, where it has the advantage of leaving the sanity-checking up to the player.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Snipa299

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: February 29, 2020, 03:28:56 pm »

Shame. I saw something in the wiki about an auto-queue for NPCs, and I was hoping I could just sell them beat up stuff and buy it back later when they fix it. Probably gonna have to wait a couple of years for something to be added into the base game.  :-\

Snipa299

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: February 29, 2020, 10:20:31 pm »

I found another bug for ya.

Apparently the forge isn't accepting staves (or branches) as an acceptable weapon shaft, and instead is trying to use the forge itself. I don't have any error logs, and so far I've only looked at making a spear.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: February 29, 2020, 11:49:47 pm »

I found another bug for ya.

Apparently the forge isn't accepting staves (or branches) as an acceptable weapon shaft, and instead is trying to use the forge itself. I don't have any error logs, and so far I've only looked at making a spear.

Huh, alright. Will poke around in a moment, had been testing some other stuff today.

EDIT: Fixed. It was fucking up due to forgetting that I'd changed staves back into being weapons. >.<
« Last Edit: March 01, 2020, 12:58:19 am by Random_Dragon »
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Snipa299

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Awesome, thanks again! I tried to do it myself, but it just started asking for wheelbarrows instead. *shrug*
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 33