Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 33

Author Topic: [47.02 - .47.05] Adventurecraft (latest update 11/27/2022)  (Read 144284 times)

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: [.42.01] Adventurecraft (yet another Wanderer's Friend derivative)
« Reply #60 on: December 04, 2015, 09:18:49 pm »

Much as I hate to triple post...delicious booze brewing, and more universal joint applications. Want to snap a hydra's seven necks? Knock yourself out.

Future plans are to add paper and mugs to the crafting list. Then maybe see how to unfuck hardtack.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Pwnzerfaust

• Bay Watcher
  • It's evolution, baby!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 05, 2015, 06:08:47 pm »

Is this compatible with 42.02?
Give an elf a fire and he's warm for a night. Drop an elf in magma and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 05, 2015, 06:37:07 pm »

Is this compatible with 42.02?

Holy shit Toady got on that fast.

I've yet to test that, so I think it'd be prudent of me to start work on a 42.02 version.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: [.42.02] Adventurecraft (yet another Wanderer's Friend derivative)
« Reply #63 on: December 06, 2015, 04:00:06 am »

There we go. Apologies for the update taking me so long.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Kiloku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 07, 2015, 07:15:01 am »

When you craft clothing with this mod, is it automatically the correct size for the species you're playing?

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 07, 2015, 11:06:01 am »

When you craft clothing with this mod, is it automatically the correct size for the species you're playing?

Yep, it's sized for the user. You can also alter clothing of the wrong size, assuming it's not made of metal, and the end product will be in your size. Though if you're feeling wasteful, the refit recipes don't care if you resize clothing that already fits. XP
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Kiloku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 08, 2015, 06:15:11 am »

Is there any way to make the mod compatible with texture sets? When I installed it, most creatures (and a few items) started showing up as letters again.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 08, 2015, 10:25:15 am »

Is there any way to make the mod compatible with texture sets? When I installed it, most creatures (and a few items) started showing up as letters again.

Ack. I really should toy around with DF tilesets, but never tried before. From what I know of them, you'd have to go and set the tile definition of every single creature/item that it overrides,

And lunacy like that already makes me miss the way it's done in CDDA, where the sprite assignments are defined by in the tileset's files. @_@
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

King_of_Baboons

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 08, 2015, 07:17:16 pm »

Weird,I had no problems  :P
A medium-sized creature prone to madness and insanity.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 08, 2015, 08:53:37 pm »

Doubly weird. o3o

In any case, hope that the brewing and papermaking proves useful.

I've still yet to devise a way to make biscuits that won't crash the game. ;w;
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Kiloku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 09, 2015, 11:12:30 am »

Ack. I really should toy around with DF tilesets, but never tried before. From what I know of them, you'd have to go and set the tile definition of every single creature/item that it overrides,

And lunacy like that already makes me miss the way it's done in CDDA, where the sprite assignments are defined by in the tileset's files. @_@

I managed to fix it, and I assume I didn't break anything while doing it. I copied everything from the base game's (with textures) raw/graphics folder into the mod's raw/graphics folder.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 09, 2015, 11:39:23 am »

Oh. Ooooh. That makes sense. I never messed with the graphics folder in the raw, only objects.

Shit, if it's that easy, I could just include the objects folder instead. Though telling people to only replace their objects folder, instead of just the raw folder, is more complex.

An alternative would be to mention in the mod's initial instructions to only use the objects folder if they have a graphics pack they wish to use.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 12, 2015, 12:42:37 am »

Bug of the day: Removing the body part definition for the upper spine in Body_RCP causes necromancy to not exist.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: [.42.03] Adventurecraft (yet another Wanderer's Friend derivative)
« Reply #73 on: December 15, 2015, 12:16:11 pm »

Guess what? Mugs. Finally remembered that yes, they do in fact have a use in adventure mode.

Feel free to serve everyone a round of barbed haze and watch the Fun ensue.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Rammok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [.42.03] Adventurecraft (yet another Wanderer's Friend derivative)
« Reply #74 on: December 16, 2015, 11:45:15 am »

Nice work. If you have no objections, I would like to include this mod in the next release of Dark Ages. There is already some overlap, but I really like what you've done with mega-beast extracts.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 33