Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 33

Author Topic: [47.02 - .47.05] Adventurecraft (latest update 11/27/2022)  (Read 144304 times)

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
Re: [.40.24] Adventurecraft (yet another Wanderer's Friend derivative)
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2015, 11:02:24 am »

Huh, I thought I fixed that... oh wait, I left that so I can make like dragon nail knives or roc feather knives I think?

Regular humans don't have the tag added, their skulls are just bones, kill a goblin and do it, or find a hurf/erf/dorf, the adventurer castes, or a troll, yeti, sasquatch, semi-mega, or megabeast, or add the reaction class to regular skulls.

Fair warning, I tested and balanced all the stuff like the gear weight, monster toughness, etc, using a hacked adventurer with like 300 attribute points and 500 or something skill points, and THEN tried it with a regular character, so... don't go trying to casually whack a dragon in the head with a copper war hammer and expecting it to fall over like vanilla ones. >.>
« Last Edit: September 12, 2015, 11:12:23 am by Max™ »

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2015, 11:11:09 am »

Ahem. That first screenshot in my last post was testing on a goblin. Getting some screenshots of an adventure-mode goblin.

Roc feather knives would almost make as little sense as this:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Then I grabbed the unfortunate fellow's skull and...

Oh the suspense:

Nope. I don't know how you made skull helms and hammers, but it clearly wasn't through normal adventure mode crafting. This does. Not. Work.

I'm fairly certain I know the likely cause of this, namely as it seems like the skull item drops all references to the material its made of when butchered. Gonna have to test a reaction letting me use any item to force skull usage and see if it spits out an item made out of "none" or some other body material.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2015, 11:19:58 am »

Ok but see... I just started df without dfhack, just ./df and did this:

There's nothing that makes use of any of the reaction tools in dfhack, I just did that in df by itself.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2015, 11:26:08 am »

I don't know what you're doing to make it work, but it's not work on my end. Are you sure you're not using some other raw tweak besides what's in the folder in your Github repository?

Screenshot:

Because something here is making skulls refuse to reference their material when returned as a butcher item. This is a issue I've been wrestling with since this mod's DF2012 days.

Having you actually post a screenshot of you doing this yourself and making it works at leasthelps some, but doesn't answer the question of why it's not working right on my end. I'm sorry for getting so pissed off about it, but it was a bit hard to believe you'd actually tested this in adventure mode. ._.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2015, 11:29:32 am »

Even checked goblins.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2015, 11:30:34 am »

Okay, what are you doing to make this work?
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2015, 11:41:41 am »

To make absolutely sure I even pulled the files off github again, I had to paste three reactions back in because this save was a different testing iteration I haven't pushed to github (you can see the bone bolts on there for example) but those reactions were just the bolts, and then I have the regular bone knife/needle and claw/tooth knife/needle reactions in this save.

Just bashed a goblin, chopped him up, and you can see even the helm retains the skull reaction class.
So I'm not sure why it isn't working.

Spoiler: reaction_other.txt (click to show/hide)

Note that I've never gotten the lua hook thing at the end to work right but I've tried repeatedly and it has nothing to do with the skull thing because it works the same in ./df as ./dfhack either way.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2015, 11:46:03 am by Max™ »

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2015, 11:57:58 am »

Hmm. Tested again by overwriting the files of a fresh raw copy with the Wanderlust raw files, and generated another new world.

Long screenshot is long:

You said you tested this in an existing world. You sure you didn't apply something via DFHack or some other mod not in the Wanderlust folder that did that? Have you tested this in the arena, or in a fresh world?
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2015, 12:27:05 pm »

Without dfhack, freshly dropped the wanderlust folder contents into the raw/objects, did the overwrites, then I generated a world, made a character, went upstairs, ran into a goblin friend of mine, bashed her in the neck with a war hammer, cut her apart, made a stone knife, cleaned bones, and this:

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2015, 12:33:05 pm »

Huh. I have no idea why it's working on my end. At least point at least I believe you that it's actually working without hacks, but I'm out of obvious solutions.

Is this a different version maybe? I've been testing in .40.24, but as this has been a problem even since DF2012 I doubt it'd be a version difference causing this.

On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2015, 12:58:53 pm »

It's 40.24, the dfhack is mostly the r3 with some r4 stuff and my own scripts in there, but as I said it doesn't matter.

The nervous tissue knives, yeah, I couldn't find a way to tag it to use claws/nails/horns for knives right so I just threw the hack in.

Interesting discovery last night, I stumbled across a necromancer tower and my demon buddy ran in and started getting swarmed, not wanting to deal with them I just set them all on fire because I'm fireproof for the most part and he's totally fireproof.

Then I start noticing I'm bleeding and couldn't figure out why.

Hydra scales and bones are dragon template materials and fireproof, their nails are not apparently, so I had to dump a ‼*hydra nail knife*‼ out of my backpack because it was melting my bodyfat.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2015, 01:01:05 pm by Max™ »

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2015, 01:05:52 pm »

Weird. I'm completely stumped in that case.

Also, you should be able to give nail, tooth, horn etc templates a reaction_class for that, then restrict the reaction to demanding that. It's how I allowed making sewing needles out of almost any hard body material. >.>
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2015, 03:38:32 pm »

Since you went all "J'ACCUSE!" I shall return the favor and claim you are sabotaging yourself to make your version look better! Ha ha!

(kidding)

(mostly)

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2015, 03:45:00 pm »

I oughta eat you for that. ;w;

Still, if we both did the same thing, why the hell is it working on yours but not mine? ._.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2015, 05:20:31 pm »

Because I am not random!

Honestly though I'm stumped, you on linux?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 33