Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 33

Author Topic: [47.02 - .47.05] Adventurecraft (latest update 11/27/2022)  (Read 144263 times)

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: [.40.24] Adventurecraft (yet another Wanderer's Friend derivative)
« Reply #30 on: September 12, 2015, 05:41:56 pm »

Pbbt. Given the hilarity that's ensued due to working with Cataclysm DDA modding on Github, sometimes I wish. Just ye olde Windows 7, 32-bit. >.>
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 12, 2015, 06:50:22 pm »

there'syourproblem.png

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 12, 2015, 06:55:04 pm »

I'm struggling to figure out how "skulls forget what they're made of" is an OS-specific issue.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 12, 2015, 07:08:19 pm »

[Goldblum]Windows uh... finds a way.[/Goldblum]

Really not sure how it isn't working though, I mean, they shouldn't even show up if they didn't get incorporated right, so it should just be a matter of the reaction tags but why would they work for me and not you then?

Why did I not know about the GET_ITEM_DATA_FROM_REAGENT thing?

Yours seems more suited for a more raw vanilla power level game incidentally, which is good, as I aimed mine the other way, bumping up against the edges of what you can do without dfhack. I like a lot of the ideas you have in there, the refit part is really neat, might spin something similar for fitting bones onto leather stuff.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2015, 07:16:00 pm by Max™ »

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 12, 2015, 07:16:15 pm »

I'm fairly certain skulls would show up on butchering even if the skull material wasn't working right. Far as I can tell, ignoring the material seems to be the default behavior. Most likely because, looking at totems, they don't specify being made out of bone, right? Most end products seem to always reference the material in the item name, not the tissue. Whereas totems...

Between this and the fact that making totems is controlled by something completely different from most reactions, hardcoded or otherwise...they use a flag in the body part definition, not a [BONE] or similar material definition token, nor an item_reaction_product or what-have-you also to be used in the material.

Anyone else tried messing with this to see if it works when they do it? ._.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 12, 2015, 07:30:48 pm »

Well, in the save you have, try createitem HELM:ITEM_HELM_HELM DRAGON:SKULL and see if it loads up as the right material?

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 12, 2015, 07:34:55 pm »

Goody, was hoping this mod would have some usefulness to it.

And hmm, I'll need to add a reaction for that, I assume?

EDIT: Yeesh, something made your edited files a real headache to look at.

« Last Edit: September 12, 2015, 07:40:58 pm by Random_Dragon »
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 12, 2015, 07:42:06 pm »

Add a reaction for?

I just meant to try a createitem test with the save you took those screenshots from and see if it loads up or if dfhack reports missing material.

Yours makes more use of the metals around, I don't rely on them except early on usually, but I like the idea of being able to improve the leather armor I grab in the starting forts. The troll hide is usually the best stuff in there beyond the copper in the shops, but you gotta buy that (or drop it outside the shop and wait >.>) to avoid being a thief.

You need the other notepad, like ++ or some shit for windows.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2015, 07:43:39 pm by Max™ »

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 12, 2015, 07:48:33 pm »

Ah. Which entails toying with DFHack, when in theory a reaction citing CREATURE_MAT:DRAGON:SKULL for it's product material should work in the same way. At least I hope. =w=

EDIT: The aforementioned test reaction yielded a goblin skull helm when I told it to cite goblin skull material, as expected. I don't know if that's a good sign or a bad sign.

EDIT 2: And for the formatting, ye olde wordpad also worked better. I'm used to using wordpad for Cataclysm editing, so no idea why I was still doing DF edits with notepad.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2015, 07:52:08 pm by Random_Dragon »
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 12, 2015, 07:56:59 pm »

Well, at least it partially works, just not sure why the tags didn't load properly the way they were.

Least you've got some experience with them now if you want to play with it.

Oh, the megaheart in random monsters is neat as well, probably gonna steal that too.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 12, 2015, 08:00:00 pm »

Trying to pester a friend to test it himself to see if skulls failing to reference their material is more than just an issue on my end, as well. Will need look into DFHack to see if it gives different results that way, yeah. @_@

And feel free to. Now if I had a way to unfuck gauntlets without using DFHack... <.<

EDIT: And adding to the list of annoyances, your reaction for carving tooth needles refuses to accept goblin teeth, and goblins don;'t yield skin when butchered. What the...?
« Last Edit: September 12, 2015, 10:04:20 pm by Random_Dragon »
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 12, 2015, 10:22:57 pm »

Ok that's gotta be something else screwing with things, wait, did you install this on top of your mod?

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 12, 2015, 10:31:38 pm »

No. Had installed this on top of a fresh copy of the DF raws. ._.

EDIT: To put things back on topic, fixed an issue where giant tortoises had their "tanned scale" material removed, but I forget to tell it to use toughened scale instead.

"You make a giant tortoise fatty."
« Last Edit: September 12, 2015, 11:55:02 pm by Random_Dragon »
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 13, 2015, 02:30:25 am »

I did that with the first attempts to get the dorfs to use the dragon scale material.

Butcher a dorf, tan the skin.

"You make a dwarf fatty."

'I make a what?'

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 13, 2015, 10:11:30 am »

Plus I think I did that with some of my first attempts to make tanned scale and chitin a separate material from raw scales/chitin, way back when.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 33