Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 33

Author Topic: [47.02 - .47.05] Adventurecraft (latest update 11/27/2022)  (Read 144282 times)

barlth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [.40.24] Adventurecraft (yet another Wanderer's Friend derivative)
« Reply #45 on: October 11, 2015, 07:10:33 am »

Having a small problem, or perhaps I'm just being stupid
Downloaded it and got it to work.
Going into adventure mode trying to craft a stone axe. I got the Axe head, the knife and the wood stave...
But I can't seem to get it to craft. How in the world am I to hold three things in two hands O_o

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 11, 2015, 10:09:27 am »

Odd. It should still work if you drop the components onto the tile you're on. ;w;

Other than that, if you strapped the dagger to your body to free up a hand, it no longer counts as available for crafting for some reason. ._.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 20, 2015, 01:16:13 pm »

It's DF oddity. You cannot use anything from your inventory in crafting.

You have to hold it in your hands or drop under yourself on the ground.

How in the world am I to hold three things in two hands O_o
If you keep "removing" items from your inventory with R hotkey, you can hold as many items in 2 hands as you want.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 21, 2015, 09:46:12 am »

And don't forget, that trick means you can use all the shields.

All of them.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: [.42.01] Adventurecraft (yet another Wanderer's Friend derivative)
« Reply #49 on: December 02, 2015, 11:56:56 am »

Boom. We're back, and now in DF2015. Well, .42.01.

Download link for current and last version on first post. Wanna bet that we get an update within a day? ;w;
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

King_of_Baboons

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 02, 2015, 04:55:50 pm »

+1 for neck breaking. Now I can do more stealth kills.

And people are talking about not being able to use these kinda mods because of the ethics thing.Have you fixed that?

Also,suggestion: If you can make so if adventurers can craft their own mugs and brew their own beer I'm going to hug you to death.
A medium-sized creature prone to madness and insanity.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 02, 2015, 04:59:55 pm »

I partially fixed the ethics idiocy. Semi-megabeasts are no longer sentient, now. They get a selection of natural skills instead.

Since the bulk of the tougher body materials are the (semi)megabeast-tier, and they have heart extracts too, that's kinda high on the list. ;w;

And mugs. Damn tempting. I wasn't yet sure how best to implement brewing in a logical way, but maybe I should now that it has a use. Should I go with df-style dry brewing, or make it require water?

Though wait, it might still not allow liquids in reactions.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 02, 2015, 05:17:44 pm »

Which tags did you remove, just [CAN_LEARN]? I was trying to make an interaction to do this  but it isn't working for some reason and I'm tired of focusing on it instead of playing around with dancing and musical silliness.

King_of_Baboons

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 02, 2015, 05:19:38 pm »

There is always adv-fort if you don't manage to do it in your mod.I'll just brew stuff from a workshop and make me a mug of Elf bone  ;).

Also,I know that this on God of War levels of gaming,but is it possible to tear out limbs via wrestling and using no bites?Just curious.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 02, 2015, 05:34:13 pm »

Which tags did you remove, just [CAN_LEARN]? I was trying to make an interaction to do this  but it isn't working for some reason and I'm tired of focusing on it instead of playing around with dancing and musical silliness.

Just CAN_LEARN, yeah. I would've altered INTELLIGENT to just CAN_SPEAK had any of the semi-megabeasts used that combo token.

There is always adv-fort if you don't manage to do it in your mod.I'll just brew stuff from a workshop and make me a mug of Elf bone  ;).

Also,I know that this on God of War levels of gaming,but is it possible to tear out limbs via wrestling and using no bites?Just curious.

Mugs. So tempting now. I might add reactions for it, it'll take a while to add faked growths and pick growth seasons for all of the brewable plants. @_@

As for tearing enemies limb from limb? If you have a massive size/strength advantage, pinch bodyparts can potentially do that.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

King_of_Baboons

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 02, 2015, 06:27:51 pm »

I cannot thank you enough.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 02, 2015, 06:34:40 pm »

Seeing that always brings me a chuckle.

Hmm. Any suggestions for how best to implement a reaction for brewing? Requiring a mug would be amusing, but that I suspect holds less than a waterskin. And the issue of water or no water, and how involved the reaction should be.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

King_of_Baboons

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 02, 2015, 06:56:58 pm »

Seeing that always brings me a chuckle.

Hmm. Any suggestions for how best to implement a reaction for brewing? Requiring a mug would be amusing, but that I suspect holds less than a waterskin. And the issue of water or no water, and how involved the reaction should be.

Hmm..I think for the reaction to work it should need any kind of liquid container(barrel/mug/bottle/waterskin) + water(shouldn't be much of an issue since there is water everywhere) + the plant in question(i'm starting to see potato beers around taverns so I think the plants from human farms and dwarven underground could be an easy start) + pot/cauldron(or not,if you want) = container with beer.

Or we can just use the workshops from fortresses,tho I think that needs adv-fort.

Or something much,much simpler:water in container + plant = Low quality beer

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 02, 2015, 07:17:58 pm »

Hmm. Either a pot, or a mortar and pestle. So that sounds decent. X3
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 03, 2015, 12:29:52 am »

Hmm. Well, brewing has been stymied by my being knee deep in the bugfixes.

EDIT: And brewing should be a thing now. o3o
« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 11:14:46 am by Random_Dragon »
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 33