Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 33

Author Topic: [47.02 - .47.05] Adventurecraft (latest update 11/27/2022)  (Read 145613 times)

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile

That might be useful for communicating this to the player, yeah. Though it being there is still a minor annoyance to me.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Urist McVoyager

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [.44.01 - 4] Adventurecraft (yet another Wanderer's Friend derivative)
« Reply #286 on: January 13, 2018, 12:00:51 am »

Updated to the latest game version. Man, worldgen slowed down for me now. Still managed to make a world. I'm a tigerman hunter based just south of a hamlet called Dragoncrux, in a tiny pavilion I just made. I killed a tigerfish and a honey badger so far, throwing sling stones and then closing in for the kill. I think this is definitely going to be a hunting campaign at first, til I can find strong enough prey to make actual armor out of.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: January 13, 2018, 03:04:46 am »

Nice, hope it goes well and bug-free. ^^"
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Urist McVoyager

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: January 13, 2018, 07:54:40 am »

The last one I managed to kill an elephant and make armor out of its skin.

I've also finally figured out how to break down a stack of bones so I can make more than one craft out of them. Throwing. I hadn't thought of that before, but last night I accidentally threw a piece of fish at a badger, and it was only one piece of fish out of a stack of eight.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: January 14, 2018, 11:55:21 am »

The last one I managed to kill an elephant and make armor out of its skin.

I've also finally figured out how to break down a stack of bones so I can make more than one craft out of them. Throwing. I hadn't thought of that before, but last night I accidentally threw a piece of fish at a badger, and it was only one piece of fish out of a stack of eight.

...oh. Oh. I didn't know you could throw bones to split the stack now. In fact I'd tried that way back when I first had to fix some crafting oddities and it threw the whole stack. >.<
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

hertggf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: January 15, 2018, 12:03:53 am »

I don't know what kind of sorcery you have going on over there but throwing bone stacks doesn't split them for me.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: January 15, 2018, 12:58:45 am »

I don't know what kind of sorcery you have going on over there but throwing bone stacks doesn't split them for me.

Yeah, for as long as I can remember it's been impossible to split bone stacks.

Also, evidently there are no raw changes in the new version, but I've been busy most of the day and had yet to grab it, confiirm for myself, and update descriptions to state that.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Urist McVoyager

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [.44.01 - 5] Adventurecraft (yet another Wanderer's Friend derivative)
« Reply #292 on: January 17, 2018, 12:33:09 am »

I have no idea. I thought it would but I haven't touched the game since that night. I know throwing MEAT splits the stack. Thought bone would be the same. Then again, meat asks you how many you want to pick up. Bones do not.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: January 17, 2018, 01:05:31 am »

Translation: did not test the thing. ;~;
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Urist McVoyager

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: January 17, 2018, 02:29:46 pm »

Nope, didn't test. Saw it work for something else and wrongly assumed. Sorry.
>.<

Neothanos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: January 18, 2018, 06:44:34 pm »

Hi! good work with this mod, loved it on 43.x!

I'm trying to merge this mod with the modpack "meph tileset" on 44.5. If i understood correctly, most of the creature modification can't be simply merged with copy pasting the raw folder, and because meph's modpack adds other mods creatures and changes CREATURE_TILE: etc, so I should need to modify those creature for your joint system and different skin and bodypart that you can obtain in advnenture mode.

I'm afraid its too much work for me (i dont really know shortcuts that could make this process less tedious), and was wondering: Is there a way to implement ONLY the craft system of this mod, without modding the raw and the combat of the rest of the object folder? I've found reaction_adventurecraft, but with my extremely limited experience I doubt pasting only that file could work :P

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: January 18, 2018, 07:34:13 pm »

If you're just after the reactions you'll want to start with all the reaction_X files. Then copy over most of the item_X files to avoid missing the tools, added weapons, gambesons etc that these recipes allow crafting. I'll list which are essential below.

Then you'll want material_template_default and tissue_template_default, as these add the material properties allowing you to salvage cloth/leather, dry chitin, make gut thread, skull helms, etc.

Note that doing this and not copying over the creature files will effectively buff every mundane critter in the game to use megabeast-tier body materials, because of the way I tricked the hardcoded generation of demons, titans, etc to use upgraded materials.

The easiest way to fix THAT would be to also copy over b_detail_plan_default, but you're going to want to edit it a small bit. Look at the second body_detail_plan listed in the file, titled normal_standard_materials. And look at the fourth body_detail_plan, normal_chitin_materials. Just delete the "normal_" in the names of the second and fourth BDPs, then delete the first and third BDPs.

The end result is megabeasts and such are no stronger than normal animals, but no creature-copying is required.

Finally, if you want hardtack to work, you'll want to copy over plant_adventurecraft. Yep, it's a dirty hack.

Adding entity_default will port over some world flavor stuff like civs having slings, the Resurfaced civ, etc but isn't vital.

The resulting list of files copied is:
Code: [Select]
* b_detail_plan_default.txt (this gets edited)
* entity_default.txt (optional)
* item_ammo.txt
* item_armor.txt
* item_instrument_adventurecraft.txt
* item_tool.txt
* item_weapon.txt
* material_template_default.txt
* plant_adventurecraft.txt
* reaction_adv_carpenter.txt
* reaction_adventurecraft.txt
* reaction_instrument_generic.txt (only required if also copying entity_default.txt, not needed otherwise)
* reaction_other.txt
* reaction_smithing_adventurecraft.txt
* tissue_template_default.txt

If you want the changes to other armor and items, you can copy over the following item files as well:
* item_helm.txt
* item_pants.txt

If you want to retain the improvement to stones (chert, diorite, etc), outsiders starting with crude stone weapons, and the ability to pick otherwise-unobtainable plants, you can also copy over their files. These are:
* inorganic_other.txt
* inorganic_stone_layer.txt
* inorganic_stone_mineral.txt
* plant_crops.txt
* plant_crops.txt
* plant_garden.txt
* plant_standard.txt
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Neothanos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: January 18, 2018, 08:03:23 pm »

A very complete answer, thanks! I'll try that!

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: January 18, 2018, 08:28:57 pm »

Hope it goes well. Gave the bare-minimum variant a quick load-test to confirm I didn't miss anything and to check for errors, so it should work.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: January 20, 2018, 02:20:16 pm »

Is there any difference between the reaction_adv_carpenter included in the mod compared to the one already in the game? Because I wasn't seeing any
EDIT: Is there any particular reason say, the new ammo types are in the same file as the old ones, I understand it when modifying things already in the game, but why when adding new things?
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 33