Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 33

Author Topic: [47.02 - .47.05] Adventurecraft (latest update 11/27/2022)  (Read 144254 times)

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: [.44.10 - 44.12] Adventurecraft (yet another Wanderer's Friend derivative)
« Reply #360 on: October 25, 2019, 01:17:52 am »

Yep, new world. Hope that helps.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

SakuraHeinz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: October 29, 2019, 12:25:38 pm »

Yep, new world. Hope that helps.

Hoi! crafting gloves and socks is missing from your list can you post me the entrys? I guess Im complete than, I just hope my character doesnt lose her hands^^'

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: October 30, 2019, 12:51:00 am »

Didn't have a recipe for leather socks because those are generally made from fabric, which has a few wonky issues regarding product sizes. As for gloves, that's even more fucky, without DFHack any gloves created by a custom reaction lack the left/right flagging that makes them usable. :/
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

SakuraHeinz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: October 30, 2019, 12:56:19 am »

Didn't have a recipe for leather socks because those are generally made from fabric, which has a few wonky issues regarding product sizes. As for gloves, that's even more fucky, without DFHack any gloves created by a custom reaction lack the left/right flagging that makes them usable. :/

Thank you for the answer, I will try playing something else. I already had a plan B its not like there are a few races to play, I also plan to make a topic for Animal people body sizes and what armor they can wear for playing vanilla.

MachoNacho

• Bay Watcher
  • pug
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: December 06, 2019, 05:10:52 pm »

What changes do I have to make to a raw file to make it compatible with unmodded Dwarf Fortress? I am making a mod but I forgot that I had your mod installed while making it. I want to make one version for Adventurecraft users and one for non-Adventurecraft users, but IDK how to change the raw files to work without Adventurecraft.
pug

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: December 06, 2019, 05:42:35 pm »

What changes do I have to make to a raw file to make it compatible with unmodded Dwarf Fortress? I am making a mod but I forgot that I had your mod installed while making it. I want to make one version for Adventurecraft users and one for non-Adventurecraft users, but IDK how to change the raw files to work without Adventurecraft.

It varies depending on what changes you're trying to make, that's why mixing mods is a tad diffcult. @.@
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

MachoNacho

• Bay Watcher
  • pug
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: December 06, 2019, 06:28:33 pm »

It varies depending on what changes you're trying to make, that's why mixing mods is a tad diffcult. @.@
How do I make creatures that were made using Adventurecraft-modified creatures as templates work with non-AC DF?
pug

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: December 06, 2019, 06:43:01 pm »

Er, I'm not 100% sure there. It's kind of a case by case basis and I'm not entirely sure what it is you're trying to add...
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: [47.01] Adventurecraft (yet another Wanderer's Friend derivative)
« Reply #368 on: January 30, 2020, 02:24:11 am »

Welp, after some mucking about testing raws, it's time for a new version of Adventurecraft! Link is here, in addition to being in the OP.

Code: [Select]
* Use of new healing syndrome effects. Not only does hydra essence now mend limbs the proper way instead of using transformation fuckery, but marshmend and golden salve are more effective at actual medical purposes.
* Converted staves, clubs, and caesti into tools, because the equipment purchase menu was eager to offer the player metal versions of these items that're 100% balanced around only existing in non-metal form.
* More animalpeople can dole out headpats, preemptively fixing the bug with legless animal people.
* Resurfaced gain altars as a bit of flavor.
* Craftable dice from wood or bone (or other CARVE_SMALL materials).
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

hertggf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: February 01, 2020, 04:38:45 pm »

Wow, I just came to this thread to get the latest version for 44* it didn't even occur to me that this would be updated already. Way to go!

edit: I'm gonna miss those silver caesti though haha
« Last Edit: February 01, 2020, 04:40:28 pm by hertggf »

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: February 02, 2020, 07:19:12 am »

Hey! Thank you for the awesome work man. I was about to look into updating my old DF Wanderer to .47, and the first thing I noticed is that legless animal people cannot pet.
Then it was my luck that I've checked the forum and noticed you've already updated, including the legless people!

I will step down and let you handle this field. It makes no sense to have 2 similar mods which mingle with the same idea, it will only distract people looking for a mod for crafting :). Instead I will play with your mod and come back if you ever need my useless suggestions of what I would enjoy added.

Godspeed!
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: February 02, 2020, 02:58:47 pm »

Was easy enough to add the template stuff, yeah.

And wh-no, there's really no need to do that. Mine's kinda halfway to being a total conversion at this point, so a more pure reaction mod likely still fills a rather desirable niche. ^^"
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Taras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: February 02, 2020, 04:15:19 pm »

For cannobal adventurers, I use interaction, that resurrect sentient body or it parts with syndrome of removing CAN_LEARN and deadly paralizys.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: February 02, 2020, 04:29:43 pm »

I'm familiar with that, and if I recall an alternative is an interaction that marks a living victim, removing CAN_LEARN. Which is something I considered adding to the mod, but been kinda putting it off. :/
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

ChaosPotato

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: February 02, 2020, 04:41:26 pm »

The new version actually seems to have fixed the "no making stuff out of sentients" bug. I was able to make a troll skull helmet decorated with troll horns, despite trolls having [CAN_LEARN]. Not sure if I can also eat sentients, will probably try that later.
hi I hate this account and everything I've ever done with it but I don't feel like going through the process of making a new one right now
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 33