Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 33

Author Topic: [47.02 - .47.05] Adventurecraft (latest update 11/27/2022)  (Read 144253 times)

Snipa299

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If I remember correctly, I tried the reaction with prickleberry leaves and a marble mortar & pestle. ALso, if you need it, I can send you a used save for testing.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile

No worries, I'm finally a chance to test this. Bayberry was the one I was able to test first, since as a tree it's easily spawned in arena mode. Next up I created an adventurer to wander around and test any leaves I could find, fisher berries being the first. Those work, that's a good sign since both berry plants had to be converted from not having leaves to actually having usable leaves.

After eventually realizing prickle berries were a dry plant, not a wet plant, I decided to make a test world to make all the other untested berries easier to find. Upping their frequency, setting biome to ANY_LAND, making them both wet and dry, etc. Collected just about every berry leaf, even cloudberries, along with asparagus and caper leaves.

In particular I went to testing prickle berry leaves straight away, and the results were consistent. Still can't reproduce this. If it was updating an old save, most likely not all of the right files were copied in, or maybe the save was a couple more Adventurecraft updates old so some prior change broke something, not sure. ._.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Snipa299

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Darn. I think the save is 2 or 3 updates old, mainly because generating huge worlds take forever. Aside from a couple adventurers, I haven't gotten too attached to it. I'll try making a new one.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile

That might be it, I didn't think of trying to preserve the old hascked-in plant version until basically the very last update. ._.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Snipa299

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, it's all good. Everything is up-to-date and working well. Though, I've noticed that astringent tincture only delays the inevitable as far as infection goes. I got a smashed claw that would never heal, so I'd either have to keep chugging tinctures, or finally give up and find alternative means.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile

Huh, very odd. I'm still not sure how the syndrome effect for curing infection works. This is more for bleeding admittedly, and I could've sworn infections were pretty much too minor to care about, but hmm. I suspect that cheesing it with transformations might still be the only 100% healing method. :/
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Vorox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Do the added plant growths impact Fortress Mode gameplay? Like plant gatherers/farmers getting more products than they normally would.
Vorox likes gremlins for their tears.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile

They might be briefly harvestable during the correct seasons, but as the growth size is set to the minimum that should reduce how usable they are in fortress mode.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Chai

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Ardent
    • View Profile

Naming pets crashes the game (tested and worked fine without this mod)
For some reason the lock bow I made wouldn't work with bone bolts I made, said I have no ammo. Wooden bows and wooden arrows worked.
I can eat meat, make leather, make gut thread, and carve bones from sapient creatures made in world gen like those in catacombs or corpse pits, but I cannot do any of that with living ones I killed.
Nevertheless, I have my masterwork goblin skull guitar made of masterful goblin skull guitar body, masterful goblin bone guitar neck, and masterful brown recluse silk strings (ran out of gut thread in previous attempts)
This is only due to the world gen bodies. I am playing a kobold, for reference, and I noticed I can speak even though kobolds have no language. I'm guessing this mod removes [UTTERANCES] and I just didn't notice when downloading it, but I'm happy with this. Talking to people is fun.

This mod proves vital for kobold play since it's the only way to have clothes. I want more though, and I want to look pretty. Please add more clothing types like dresses and skirts, and the ability to make and apply dye.

Oh also does drinking poison and recovering repeatedly increase disease resistance? Pretty sure my kobold is now immune as I've subsisted almost 100% on poison to sate thirst for about a week
« Last Edit: April 19, 2020, 12:28:10 pm by Chai »

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile

That's odd. I'm not sure what would cause pets to crash the game like that. Are you playing as a kobold or one of the animalman tribes maybe? It might be specific to trying to name a pet when you have the [UTTERANCES] token that causes gibberish names, which is a code problem but only visible in mods that allow utterance races to be playable.

I'm looking at lockbows and they're set to use bolts, the lockbow recipes both yield the correct item, and both the wood and bone bolt recipes return the correct item, so I'm not sure what's going on there. Ranged weapons are finicky and demand being the very first item wielded if I recall. If you're somehow dual-wielding a lockbow and a bow, that would likely explain it. :/

Being unable to eat sentient meat and use their materials is a known and pretty damn old bug. Catacomb bodies are usable because in technical terms they don't have the same link to their ID as a living being that a creature killed during gameplay has. The only workaround right now is in your abilities section, the "mark sentient prey" option.

Kobolds in Adventurecraft still have [UTTERANCES], it's just they also now have [INTELLIGENT] instead of [CAN_LEARN], so they can converse normally but still use gibberish names, and trigger any other behavior that depends on the [UTTERANCES] token. The main thing this addition does is not just let them speak, but also perform. As it is if I recall the vanilla kobold civ has access to dances, but without speech it'd be inaccessible to adventures since it's past the "tell player they can't speak if lacking the token" check.

I'm tempted to add more yeah, admittedly there are a ton of clothing items so I'm worried about clutter there. Before you ask, gloves and gauntlets aren't even doable due to yet another old bug in the code. Dyes might be doable but I'd need to look at how they applying dye to an item actually works mechanically, I don't know if it's accessible to custom-defined reactions. If so, I'll want to define a wider range of plant-based dyes since a lot of real-world options aren't implemented in vanilla.

Ochre is one I'd want to do too, but dirt would be hard to use in reactions properly because each handful of dirt, sand, and clay (in adventure mode, in fortress mode they're gathered as itemtype BOULDER) is a POWDER_MISC with 150 units, which would mean running into at least two more bugs.

And huh, maybe it does? You can check your stats on the z screen. Any hardcode-defined poison like from titans takes affect real damn slow in adventure mode (issue is here), but all raw-defined venoms and poisons have been given a more usable DWF_STRETCH in Adventurecraft. Either way, I presume that pinging syndrome effects constantly proabably does affect your disease resistance, never tested it myself.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Chai

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Ardent
    • View Profile

That's odd. I'm not sure what would cause pets to crash the game like that. Are you playing as a kobold or one of the animalman tribes maybe? It might be specific to trying to name a pet when you have the [UTTERANCES] token that causes gibberish names, which is a code problem but only visible in mods that allow utterance races to be playable.
Yes, kobold. Guess that explains it. Although, when I name an item, it tells me I have no intelligible language, and then it names the item something gibberish automatically. I wonder why it doesn't so do that with pets. The pets I started with got names automatically just fine too. I like that cave spiders were 1 point each. Walking around with 16 tiny spiders crawling on me is nice.
I'm tempted to add more yeah, admittedly there are a ton of clothing items so I'm worried about clutter there.
I think that works out fine with clothing and armor being separated already.
If so, I'll want to define a wider range of plant-based dyes since a lot of real-world options aren't implemented in vanilla.
I'd eagerly look forward to it. My favorite is pink, the nice pastel shade, but the common dimple dye's midnight blue is cool too. I also want to find that one evil zone plant that makes black dye. Go full edgy in black silk with a skull guitar. Needlessly goth kobold peasant.
And huh, maybe it does? You can check your stats on the z screen. [...] I presume that pinging syndrome effects constantly proabably does affect your disease resistance, never tested it myself.
It's the giant cave spider contact poison you added, so it would generally make me lose the ability to grasp and stand for a little while, and not breathe briefly, but outside combat that was harmless. Now when I drink it, even so much that I fill my belly, it does nothing besides sate thirst. z screen just tells me I have average disease resist, I don't know if the hidden value is almost "above average" or if it's still the base. All I know is that immunity to at least the poison I'm taking has set in. Will update on the matter if it ever changes.

guard123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hey,

just a question, I am using meph graphicspack currently so how do i install the mod and still use the graphics pack?

The installation instructions isnt too clear on how to handle this mod alongside the the graphics pack.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile

That's...something I've been meaning to look into and providing better instructions for, a lot going on lately. @.@
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

guard123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

just some questions

1. Why is it that when i pick plants, i dont get any fruit or grains needed to make flour? all i get are leafs.

2. how advanced is gemcrafting let alone puting cabochons inside of unimproved objects and items? I tried but i cant put gems into objects through the create button.

Ziusudra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

1. Plants each have a time of year in which they produce their various growths. Games usually start in the early spring. When you `l'ook at a plant it shows what growths are present. If you want to start later in the year you can create an adventurer and repeatedly retire them to pass time 2 weeks at a time. (There's also a way to pass more than 2 weeks at a time with dfhack, but I'm not sure how.)
Ironblood didn't use an axe because he needed it. He used it to be kind. And right now he wasn't being kind.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 33