Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 33

Author Topic: [47.02 - .47.05] Adventurecraft (latest update 11/27/2022)  (Read 144266 times)

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile

Regarding point two, I hadn't actually added adding gemsetting to the list. You can decorate with raw materials like tanned hides, branches, bone etc, but not yet with gems. If I recall, reaction tokens don't really support the more complex improvement types like gemsetting since that's hardcoded, so it would just end up adding "decorated with X material" based on what the gem was made out of, if I recall.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

guard123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

just another question,

How to apply poison to your weapons?

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile

just another question,

How to apply poison to your weapons?

Not something that can be done outside of DFhack stuff, this is mentioned in the OP as an issue that dates all the way back to the original Wanderer's Friend, which had a useless "decorate item with frozen extract" reaction outright stated to not actually work in a raw comment. That's why this mod resorts to refining venom sacs into contact poison instead, so you can at least throw them and get some benefit out of that.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

guard123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [47.02 - .47.04] Adventurecraft (yet another Wanderer's Friend derivative)
« Reply #438 on: August 09, 2020, 04:40:44 pm »

another question though,

Can you mine in adventure mode? like mining for minerals or gems or metal ores?

Ziusudra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: August 09, 2020, 05:32:00 pm »

No. (Unless you use dfhack's advfort.)
Ironblood didn't use an axe because he needed it. He used it to be kind. And right now he wasn't being kind.

johiah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: October 28, 2020, 01:03:28 pm »

So I killed an eternal thing, made an essence of divine magic, used I on it, no interactions, and so I ate it. Nothing seems to have happened. How do you actually use the essences from creature hearts?
Quote from: AoshimaMichio
Oh no, you won't laser my death star.
On a fun note, all of the beds just starting disintegrating

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: October 28, 2020, 01:36:13 pm »

You may have to wait a few turns after eating it, I've noticed the interaction doesn't show up instantly. It also doesn't properly trigger "you have learned X" like learning a secret from a slab, it'll just silently populate the interaction menu.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Cataphract

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: November 05, 2020, 07:09:34 pm »

Will I still run into procedurally generated clowns? Or just the old ones you put back into the game? I prefer the procedurally generated ones.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: November 06, 2020, 05:53:00 pm »

Will I still run into procedurally generated clowns? Or just the old ones you put back into the game? I prefer the procedurally generated ones.

Both, if I recall. The raw-generated ones have a chance of showing up too, but unless you set number of demon types to zero when custom-generating a world, the generated ones should predominate.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Fi

• Bay Watcher
  • φ
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: November 24, 2020, 01:03:32 pm »

Hi, does Adventurecraft have its own graphics for the additional creatures it adds to the game? If so, is there a way to add them alongside another graphics pack?

I'd hate to see a Manticore show up as ASCII characters or as a default Dwarf/Human instead of their full horrific glory.  :-\

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: November 24, 2020, 06:03:16 pm »

No sprites yet, I've been meaning to look into how best to add them, but not that experienced with tileset stuff for DF. @.@
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Fi

• Bay Watcher
  • φ
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: December 02, 2020, 07:56:57 pm »

No sprites yet, I've been meaning to look into how best to add them, but not that experienced with tileset stuff for DF. @.@

No problem! It would probably be best to wait until the release of Dwarf Fortress on Steam for that type of stuff anyway since it'll have an official graphics sst Mod Authors can base their own art on (or upon any custom graphics sets that come after the Steam release) alongside Steam Workshop support.

I do have another question, though: is it possible to use your reactions without the rest of what makes up Adventurecraft? If so, which reactions will I need to erase that are unique to Adventurecraft? I know the javelin-based reactions and probably the alchemical reactions are among the few I would have to erase.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: December 02, 2020, 08:06:31 pm »

I do have another question, though: is it possible to use your reactions without the rest of what makes up Adventurecraft? If so, which reactions will I need to erase that are unique to Adventurecraft? I know the javelin-based reactions and probably the alchemical reactions are among the few I would have to erase.

There's a lot of material template and creature edits that allow the reactions to function, so it'd be a fair bit more complicated than that. This has come up before and I recall some people have done work on it, but I'm not sure where that is in the thread.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Fi

• Bay Watcher
  • φ
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: December 02, 2020, 10:05:59 pm »

There's a lot of material template and creature edits that allow the reactions to function, so it'd be a fair bit more complicated than that. This has come up before and I recall some people have done work on it, but I'm not sure where that is in the thread.

Nothing came up with the keywords I used during my search in this topic hence the question, but I'll keep sifting around to see what I can find.

Thanks.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: January 18, 2021, 02:16:30 am »

I've been kinda mucking about with some minor ideas rather than doing anything major, a while back I'd pondered a mod idea that would involve a more apocalyptic setting plus early gunpowder weaponry, but that idea never got very far. However, I decided to revisit the gunpowder idea and find a way to implement it in Adventurecraft:
1. Added primitive gunpowder weapons, mainly fire lances and hand cannons. These require explicit assembly in fort mode, and can be made in adventure mode too.
2. Relevant reactions for gunpowder production added to fortress mode. You can grind up saltpeter and brimstone directly, then use them together with charcoal or refined coal to make gunpowder, all using milling at a quern or millstone.
3. Alternative reactions for producing sulfur at a kiln, using galena or pyrite as sulfide minerals.
4. Alternative reaction for producing saltpeter at a farmer's workshop, using any plant you can turn into flour or thread, plus potash. This method is based off the method of making niter beds.
5. Added a reaction for producing potash from sylvite, adding another option for the potash needed for the niter bed reaction.
6. Added fort-mode recipes for producing fire lances and hand cannons, as well as powder and shot, both metal and stone.
7. Added gun barrels to dwarven tool selection so they can produce and embark with them. The weapons and ammo will still need to be assembled on-site, so they will likely not count as native weapons.
8. Added fire lances, shot, and gun barrels to the human and goblin civs.
9. Added adventure mode reactions for making charcoal and ash from logs.
10. Changed adventure mode smithing to use charcoal instead of logs.
11. Saltpeter production and gunpowder for adventure mode. Recipe is a bit simplified since there's basically no viable option for sulfur innawoods.
12. Added relevant reactions to make gun barrels, fire lances, hand cannons, and ammo in adventure mode.
13. Buffed shear value of lead a bit, to perform closer to bismuth when used for gunpowder weapons.
14. Misc fix to tool use for baking bread.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 33