Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33

Author Topic: [47.02 - .47.05] Adventurecraft (latest update 11/27/2022)  (Read 144287 times)

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile

My guess would be it's a hardcoded thing regarding how the game tries to discern when you've actually had alcohol, and that player-made booze doesn't trigger it. :/
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Virok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

My guess would be it's a hardcoded thing regarding how the game tries to discern when you've actually had alcohol, and that player-made booze doesn't trigger it. :/

Well that's a shame. Thanks for the quick reply.

Behr11

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

What is a B-Containing Item? I'm trying to craft a metal shot for my hand cannons and fire lances, but the only thing I'm missing is a B-Containing item.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile

What is a B-Containing Item? I'm trying to craft a metal shot for my hand cannons and fire lances, but the only thing I'm missing is a B-Containing item.

Ah, I should make sure to use actual names for reagent tags, not just letters like a handful of recipes do. That should mean you're missing gunpowder, assuming it's in fort mode right?
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Behr11

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yes, it's in fort mode. Not sure how I go about making it, but I definitely saw a merchant trading it.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile

Yes, it's in fort mode. Not sure how I go about making it, but I definitely saw a merchant trading it.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
:3
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Behr11

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thank you kind sir, very good help. Actually, could you identify a C-Containing item for me as well? Says I need it to make gunpowder.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2021, 11:38:44 am by Behr11 »

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile

That would be either sulfur or saltpeter, as if I recall I set it to allow bars of charcoal/coke outright instead of forcing the player to grind it into powder first. Been busy lately, I'll update the reagent labels later tonight if I get a chance. ^^"
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

memzak

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
Re: [47.02 - .47.05] Adventurecraft (yet another Wanderer's Friend derivative)
« Reply #473 on: February 28, 2022, 02:51:23 pm »

Is there any way to disable the usage of entire stacks when bonecarving? I finally felled a large named creature and had 125+ bones and thought it'd be a cool idea to deck myself out in bone-related paraphernalia... only for ALL 125 bones to be used making a single needle ???

Even more frustrating is attempting to finally grind up some bonecarving levels by churning out 100+ cacobon's, like in vanilla adventure mode... only for the entire stack to be used on a single one .-. (if you want, just give a shout-out with regards to what I'll need to remove from the RAWs to fix this and I'll do it myself, as I see this was a weird intentional decision based on the last page's discussion)
« Last Edit: February 28, 2022, 02:57:00 pm by memzak »

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: February 28, 2022, 03:00:50 pm »

Is there any way to disable the usage of entire stacks when bonecarving? I finally felled a large named creature and had 125+ bones and thought it'd be a cool idea to deck myself out in bone-related paraphernalia... only for ALL 125 bones to be used making a single needle ???

Even more frustrating is attempting to finally grind up some bonecarving levels by churning out 100+ cacobon's, like in vanilla adventure mode... only for the entire stack to be used on a single one .-.

Not without breaking even more things. Issues are:
1. The recipes use reaction class to allow you to correctly use a variety of bone-like materials, and reaction class is what makes it eat up the entire stack. Using the older [ANY_BONE_MATERIAL] tokens and such would set them back to only using one out of the stack at a time, but the tokens are basically mutually exclusive. They'd have to use separate reactions for bones, shell, horn, tooth, etc etc.
2. This behavior ONLY plays nice if the reaction is set to only ever take one bone at a time, so only the small trinket reactions could really benefit from this. If you want, for example, bone armor to take 9-10 units of bone out of a stack, it won't do this. Instead it'll demand X INDIVIDUAL STACKS of bone, then only take 1 out of each.

See relevant issues: "Reactions in adventure mode are very broken.", "Product dimensions act weird"

Vanilla adventure mode avoids the above problems basically by not bothering to let adventurers carve from anything other than bone, and only letting you make items where it's 100% appropriate to only ever use a single unit of bone at a time.

So it's annoying and a change from vanilla behavior I don't like a lot either, but it avoids several more problems than it creates, and even if I reverted it for the smaller trinkets the only workaround would require inflating the reaction list massively due to losing the ability for a single reaction to look for multiple carvable body materials.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

memzak

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: February 28, 2022, 04:35:57 pm »

Oh wow, thank you for the speedy response! I was only really interested in being able to make many small items (amulets, cacobons, etc.) out of a large stacks of bone anyways.

I'll go ahead and replace the all the reaction class tags with [ANY_BONE_MATERIAL] for the small 1-bone Crafts and just make a second menu for Shell/Tooth/Horn which uses your reaction class method for if I still want to make things out of those materials. If I ever kill something that drops 100+ shells or something maybe I'll go in a split it entirely into Shell, Tooth, and Horn submenus. Personally, I don't mind the bloat.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: February 28, 2022, 05:21:43 pm »

Guess that works, hope it turns out well. Like I said, I kinda wish reactions were a bit less wonky, then I'd likely set it so that bone armor can use multiple units out of a stack, 0on par with their stated material sizes in the raws.

That said, it does also add a bit of consistency with how leather goods flat-out can't be made to do this sorta thing since hides don't have stacking, and likewise I'd want reaction bugs for other stack-like items (bars, thread, cloth, sheets, etc) to also work sanely as well.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

memzak

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: February 28, 2022, 06:20:58 pm »

Just to update: I managed to get it all to work yay! Any new categories or new recipes within categories just don't appear when I load up a game, however, but that's okay. I'll just revert to the old RAW's whenever I needa craft with shells/teeth/horns.

Yea, I totally understand DF still having some weird bugs at this stage. DF development is so focused on gunning ahead that polishing/bugfixes are few and far between unless it's directly relevant to feature implementation.

Kyuuketsuki_23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hello! I'm here to say that this mod is a magnificent thing and that it greatly enhanced my Adventure Mode gameplay, as well as ask a dumb question.

Is it intended that I can't seem to find a Necromancer's tower with this modification? I did manage to locate a tower, but it was grey instead of purple on the map, and it contained no undead, nor did it have a slab/book with the secrets of life and death.

There was just one noble ("leader") inside, and I suspected him to be the one in possession of whatever the secret was written on and slew him, but there wasn't anything particular on his corpse.

Also, I found some books, one of which concerned someone's return from the dead, so the tower probably was a Necromancer's until it was... Abandoned? Is that even possible?

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile

That's odd. The mod does add extra secrets that can be learned, which might add some competition for immortality-seeking in worldgen, but necromancers should still be the only ones building towers. My guess is something happened to the place in worldgen, possibly a megabeast attack?
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33