Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33]

Author Topic: [47.02 - .47.05] Adventurecraft (latest update 11/27/2022)  (Read 144257 times)

Atkana

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST]
    • View Profile

I did manage to locate a tower, but it was grey instead of purple on the map, and it contained no undead, nor did it have a slab/book with the secrets of life and death.

There was just one noble ("leader") inside, and I suspected him to be the one in possession of whatever the secret was written on and slew him, but there wasn't anything particular on his corpse.

Also, I found some books, one of which concerned someone's return from the dead, so the tower probably was a Necromancer's until it was... Abandoned? Is that even possible?
If memory serves, grey towers mean the tower was abandoned/defeated. The "leader" was likely somebody who took over the tower or claimed its ruin for themselves, rather a necromancer. There could still be valuable loot like a slab in there, or the people responsible for the tower's fall may have claimed it and taken it elsewhere.

Kyuuketsuki_23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

All right, got it, thank both of you! Going back to enjoying the mod.

Kyuuketsuki_23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've returned with another dumb question. It's mentioned that in this mod, using Infernal magic has side effects.

I want to know, what precisely are they? I obtained it and used it once to summon a Tendriled Abomination, it was said that I channelled a portion of my essence to break The Beyond and, well, my character has gotten some personality changes.

Are they permanent? Is there more to it than slowly falling into madness and vices?

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile

Aside from altering the user's personality, it'll also inflict a very minor stigmata effect, i.e. bleeding on the hands. It starts off very minor at first, but the effect also never goes away and will increase in intensity slightly with every use. From my testing it takes quite a lot of uses before it reaches the point where it completely messes with fast travel or resting, at which point the bleeding is outright dangerous, but if enough people find it annoying I'll probably tinker with trying to stitch together a similar effect.

More debilitating is how every cast also has a rather small random chance of making the caster permanently mute, which both negates being able to speak but also means no more casting any of the spells the mod adds. That one's gone through some tweaking and the chance is much lower than it was when first implemented, but it's another case where part of me is tempted to maybe alter it to something that can trigger more frequently in exchange for not being permanent.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Kyuuketsuki_23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

In my humble opinion, it would be better if both the stigmata effect and the muteness were more intense and triggered more often, respectively, but weren't permanent.

Permanent damage seems to be too harsh to me.

Also, question: can the secrets of life and death (AKA, Necromancy) be obtained from megabeasts and the like? Asking because I'm sick and tired of looking for slabs in towers and would much rather win my Necromancer status in battle.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile

Seems like something I could do yeah, will have to tinker with it when I get time I guess. ^^"

And not currently, I'd have to define a raw-defined necromancy interaction since all the standard ones are generated.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Fortressmaker

• Bay Watcher
  • i am fortress maker
    • View Profile

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

All your ideas are good but, i prefer the average dwarf fortress adventure, cause LOSING IS FUN!
Hello "Your name", i cant say i heard it before, the life is, in one word, Fortresses.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile

This just reminds me I've yet to tinker with the suggestions that came up earlier in the thread, weh.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Kyuuketsuki_23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [47.02 - .47.05] Adventurecraft (yet another Wanderer's Friend derivative)
« Reply #488 on: November 04, 2022, 05:17:17 pm »

Resurrecting this thread once more to ask, does this mod's Healing magic regrow lost limbs?

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: November 04, 2022, 11:44:42 pm »

Resurrecting this thread once more to ask, does this mod's Healing magic regrow lost limbs?

Healing magic doesn't, but essence of renewal (the potion available from hydras) does have the CE_REGROW_PARTS effect.

This does remind me, I really oughta come back to this and tinker with some things, and now that the steam release is eventually gonna be a thing...
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Kyuuketsuki_23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: November 05, 2022, 05:26:45 am »

This does remind me, I really oughta come back to this and tinker with some things, and now that the steam release is eventually gonna be a thing...

Please do, it'll be interesting to see what'll become of your mod! :)

Ekaton

• Bay Watcher
  • Love the Bomb
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: November 27, 2022, 11:20:03 am »

Looks like it’s gone. Does anyone have a backup?

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: November 27, 2022, 12:09:28 pm »

Oh shit, there was a database loss. One sec.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: November 27, 2022, 12:29:36 pm »

There we go, remade the DFFD page description. In addition, I took the time to FINALLY stop procrastinating and implement one of the suggestions I was given fucking ages ago. The infernal magic interaction no longer curses you with permanent stigamta that'll eventually prevent fast travel entirely, and you can't become permanently mute from casting either. Instead both effects are more noticeable but wear off.

I'm gonna have to do the same with Kobold Kamp, hnng. Gotta head out and do stuff in a bit so will have to tackle that later today.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33]