Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15

Author Topic: The Aetherworld Prison v2  (Read 27406 times)

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Aetherworld Prison v2
« Reply #120 on: October 11, 2015, 12:12:11 am »

Absorb Absorb ABSORB!

Then explore this building...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Ya'll need Jesus. Just sayin'.

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 12, 2015, 07:31:59 pm »

Turn 7

[ If you haven't posted in awhile/ever, this is your last chance before you're officially dropped from the game. Let me know if I missed anything/didn't reward XP for something you feel you deserved it for. ]

Now use the stairs or elevator of the building to get to the top of the control tower. If there is an elevator that won't work for me, manually hack it.

You move up the stairs to the top of the control tower, seeing no elevator with which to use. Upon arriving at the top, you see... PERCEPTION: [6 + 1(wisdom)] = 7; LUCK: 3; HOSTILITY: 10
...a torrent of bullets launched from a handful of rifles. There's even a damn laser gun! REFLEX: [7 - 3(difficulty)] = 4
A bullet hits you square in the chest but you manage to duck beneath the ledge of the room as lead hits the wall behind where you were just standing. ENDURANCE: [9 - 1(toughness)] = CRIT SUCCESS
Your OS quickly assesses the damage, but it's largely superficial. The bullet entered in the front, traveled through an empty compartment, and then exited out the other side. Fortunate.

Follow Aadhaya Gupta, in a decidedly nonaggressive fashion.

Run down the hallway to the right, and take out my laser rifle and shoot anybody who tries to attack me.

Aadhaya runs down the hallway, keeping her rifle readied in case hostilities break out. Heldentenor follows behind.

Spoiler: Crude Map (click to show/hide)

Furious, Rune began charging around furiously attacking any and all humans.

You charge around attacking any humans you can find. PERCEPTION: [3 - 2(wisdom)] = 1; LUCK: 2
Despite yours furious efforts, the stomping around accomplishes little more than perhaps frightening any humans within earshot.

Absorb Absorb ABSORB!

As you absorb the hapless man's skin and flesh, he struggles to escape. STRENGTH: [1 - 1(injury)] = CRIT FAIL
He pushes onto your mass; he does little more than speed the process, however, as his hands enter your mass and are quickly melted away. He screams in agony. ABSORB: [9 + 1(absorption) + 1(previous roll) - 1(dexterity)] = CRIT SUCCESS
Within thirty seconds, his softer matter has been completely absorbed into your mass. You leave his bones, being a pain in the ass to liquefy. +Size [Medium; 0/100]

Check for unopened crates.If there are none then go back to the area I encountered guards.

You glance around for any unlooted crates. PERCEPTION: [6 - 1(wisdom)] = 5
As luck would have it, you're standing next to one. You quickly loot it for valuables. LOOTING: [10 - 1(wisdom)] = OVERSHOT
Hooooly shit, did you ever hit the mother lode. A treasure trove of components useful for robotics manufacturing, some power cells (a few of which are SC-4), some explosives, and sealed radioactive material. As you eagerly dig around for more goodies, you accidentally start the timer on one of the time bombs; which wouldn't exactly be a problem, but you don't know which one it is, and for all you know it could be buried beneath everything else. You don't even know how long it's set for! Better figure out quick, though; having this mess go off in your face would not be beneficial to your well-being.

Continue hiding away from Rune, investigate current location but keep an eye out for Rune at all times.

You continue hiding away in your little nook; glancing around, you see a few looted crates (you spot some food and water) and the unconscious/dead bodies of the guards. One of them seems to be getting up, though. You turn back to rune, keeping an eye on him - he appears to be stomping around angrily.

Sinvara: +20 XP (Toughness), +10 XP (Speed)
Peradon: +30 XP (Absorption)
Zormod: +20 XP (Wisdom)

Life isn't fair, and neither am I.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 12, 2015, 07:41:27 pm »

Break all the things. Full on rage mode. BLAAARGH

"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 12, 2015, 07:43:26 pm »

Get out of Rune's way.  And anyone else's.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: October 12, 2015, 09:13:25 pm »

Loot the area around.
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: October 13, 2015, 01:05:17 am »

Remove as many timebombs as possible, quickly checking each for an indication of its activity.Look for an easy disarm. If i find the active one and there is no disarm feature, defuse it manually.

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: October 13, 2015, 02:42:14 am »

Do i have to say it again that i'm off?
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: October 13, 2015, 02:54:34 am »

Kick the northwestern door open. (If this fails, just try the handle.) Look inside the room, hoping there's nothing particularly dangerous in there. If there is something that seems sapient, immediately turn up the music.

((Tip: use the [code) tag when making ASCII art, such as maps.))
« Last Edit: October 13, 2015, 02:57:22 am by IcyTea31 »
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: October 13, 2015, 02:55:28 am »

Help Heldentenor, and use my rifle in case there are enemies.
Ain't nobody got time for that.

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: October 14, 2015, 10:30:13 am »

Awesome! Now explore this building. If I wander upstairs, and I notice the hostiles, rush into the room, propel the skelleton in my body at the enemies and.... ABSORB!

Ya'll need Jesus. Just sayin'.

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: October 15, 2015, 12:59:34 am »

Turn 8

[ Alright, so I've narrowed the player list to our actual players, and to be honest I'm kind of glad with what we've got. All of you have proven to post regularly (or atleast attempt to post regularly, <3 yourmaster) and the small number of players (eight) allow me to update far more frequently (with the addition of you guys keeping track of your own character sheets) than the mess that was the last Aetherworld Prison. I think even if other people want to join, I'm going to keep the number at eight - so unless people start dying off or leaving, the people we have here are what we're sticking with.

I pledge to post optimally one but at the very least no more than two days after the last person submits their turn; if someone doesn't do so three days within the last turn (without informing me ahead of time), they'll get a slap on the wrist and I'll post the turn without them. It's fine if you can't or don't want to post once or twice - just let me know so we're not all waiting on you! Thanks, everyone. ]

Poke my head out briefly to get a good view of the room's contents and the attackers.

You quickly lift your head once the firing stops to get a look at the room housing your assailants. SPEED: [1] = CRIT FAIL; PERCEPTION: [8 + 1(wisdom)] = 9
You take a good long look around the room, giving the gunmen plenty of time to fire upon your exposed body part. FIREARMS: [8; 9; 8; 6]; DODGE: [6 - 2(previous roll)] = 4
Nearly every bullet hits you in the noggin, sending you crashing down the stairs. ENDURANCE: [2 - 1(toughness)] = 1

CRITICAL DAMAGE SUSTAINED. SLEEP MODE ACTIVATED. SELF-REPAIR SEQUENCE INITIATED. ASSESSING DAMAGE...

You are now in sleep mode, and are unable to control or use your exterior (this includes your senses). Your OS has switched over to emergency protocol, switching primary focus from the outside to the inside; you are currently in control of your Operating System (any actions made should be as the OS until Sleep Mode is deactivated. Sleep Mode could be overriden if you wish, though it was activated for a reason - and it is highly advised that you not do so).

Kick the northwestern door open. (If this fails, just try the handle.) Look inside the room, hoping there's nothing particularly dangerous in there. If there is something that seems sapient, immediately turn up the music.

((Tip: use the [code) tag when making ASCII art, such as maps.))

Help Heldentenor, and use my rifle in case there are enemies.

(( Thanks for the tip! Art, even minimalist ASCII art, is not really my norm. ))

Heldentenor attempts to dramatically kick the door down! STRENGTH: [9 - 1(strength) + 1(magic/drama)] = CRIT SUCCESS (PS: Change Magic/Dance to Magic/Drama).
The door is bashed inward like in every cop show ever! Some beats emanate from you as you roll into the room. You find... LUCK: 5; HOSTILITY: 8
...what appears to be a soldier and a doctor standing in a sterilized medical room. The soldier's taken cover behind a bed, while the doctor is taking a swig from a flask whilst staring at the wall. The soldier seems ready to shoot, but looks confused when he hears the music, "Is that a...boombox?" (BTW, the music stopped when you moved out of the area; it tends to do that after a couple turns).

Aadhaya follows you into the room, and readies her gun in a nonthreatening manner.

Break all the things. Full on rage mode. BLAAARGH

DESTROY! EXTERMI- err i mean DESTROY! SENSELESS VIOLENCE: [7 + 2(size) + 3(strength) + 1(reckless)] = 13
You punch everything within sight, sending crates flying and crushing others into debris. LUCK: 1... (sorry fish)
You kick a crate that, unknown to you, Thing is hiding behind. PERCEPTION: [10 + 1(wisdom)] = OVERSHOT; REFLEX: [10] = OVERSHOT
Thing manages to get out of the way as you kick the crate into the opposite wall, demolishing it. You roar into the air and pant a bit, gladdened by the destruction (note: you did not see that you almost killed Thing).

Loot the area around.

You loot the surrounding area. LOOTING: [3 - 1(wisdom)] = 2
As you walk over to a crate, you see a small debris pile that glows octarine. It flees from the area, and as it does so you see why: Rune completely demolishes the crate, sending it flying over your head. You decide it's best not to stick around, and head through the large door you saw people going through earlier. It opens into a hallway that leads to the left and the right; to the left you hear gunfire and to the right you hear some music (see IcyTea31's turn, click on the link for the song). You grasp your chest in pain; the injury's really starting to get to you, you should see what you can do about patching it up.

Awesome! Now explore this building. If I wander upstairs, and I notice the hostiles, rush into the room, propel the skelleton in my body at the enemies and.... ABSORB!

With that delicious organic material absorbed, you explore the building. EXPLORATION: [5 + 2(wisdom)] = 7
There doesn't appear to be anything to absorb down here, but as you're looking around you hear gunfire from above followed by the robot crashing down the stairs. Could be some tasty humans; you start to head upstairs to find out (you are nearly at the top).

Remove as many timebombs as possible, quickly checking each for an indication of its activity.Look for an easy disarm. If i find the active one and there is no disarm feature, defuse it manually.[spoiler]Power Control: 240 EU max. Currently 95 EU, -5 EU/turn.

You hastily start removing timebombs, checking each one for a timer. DEXTERITY: [7 + 2(dexterity)] = 9; LUCK: 9
After pulling a couple of the bombs out, you find one with an active timer displaying 0:37. KNOWLEDGE: [1] = CRIT FAIL; LUCK: 3
You're unfamiliar with this model, and it doesn't appear to be an easy way of disarming it. You attempt to defuse it manually. LOGIC: [4 + 1(Logic)] = 5
You frantically work, attempting to stop the damned thing before it blows up in your face. You manage to do so by the time it hits 0:08, but unfortunately rendered the thing useless in the process. Oh well, atleast you're not a piece of scrap metal. As this is going on, you hear Rune going on a rampage...probably best to figure something out regarding that loose cannon.

Get out of Rune's way.  And anyone else's.

You start to move out of cover, glancing around for anyone who might endanger you. As you look back at Rune, you see him charging toward the crate you're still behind! PERCEPTION: [10 + 1(wisdom)] = OVERSHOT; REFLEX: [10] = OVERSHOT
You dive out of the way, losing the broken wand in your haste...just in time too, as Rune launches the crate past where you just were and into the opposing wall. You seethe with anger; that bastard tried to kill you!

Sinvara: OS Capacity now UNKNOWN.
IcyTeat31: Magic/Dance now Magic/Drama. +30 XP (Magic/Drama)
Coolrune206: +20 XP (Strength)
Zormod: +20 XP (Dexterity), +10 XP (Technology-related)
« Last Edit: October 15, 2015, 11:03:37 am by DontBanTheMan »
Life isn't fair, and neither am I.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: October 15, 2015, 04:57:43 am »

Spoiler: sheet (click to show/hide)
Jump to Rune's head and take the colossus over briefly, scanning his memory rather abruptly before flying up and outwards.  Locate a new area once safely out of range.
((...I thought no XPs?))
« Last Edit: October 15, 2015, 04:59:51 am by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: October 15, 2015, 06:20:59 am »

Communicate through hip hop: (Not going to roll this one myself.)

"Now don't'chu worry, I mean no harm
Merely explorin' as I run from alarm
Put the gun down and get up on your feet
Let's be homies and dance (not shoot) to the beat.
"

(instrumental bridge, dance)

"Mad chemistry, your lab's all For Science
If ya ask me, ya're bein' pretty damn dense
Drinkin' weird stuff down w'no backup to help see
Record what it is and what kinda monster ya'll be
"

(instrumental bridge, dance)

"Mutagenic serums or whatev's, lots of fun
But ya need to make sure the Science gets done
Let me break it down, turn it up, a while here stay
What'cha put in that weird flask of yours, anyway?
"

((I'll check the video in full later; I only checked the genre. My "song" probably doesn't fit the beat, as I just winged it.))

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: October 15, 2015, 06:57:07 am »

((Rap, yo.))
Sigtext

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: October 15, 2015, 07:51:12 am »

((Nah, not rap. It's hip hop. The difference is that it has the slightest bit of form, rhythm and melody to it. Rap is sometimes a component of hip hop, but not always.))
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15