Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]

Author Topic: The Aetherworld Prison v2  (Read 27502 times)

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Aetherworld Prison v2
« Reply #210 on: December 20, 2015, 12:29:39 pm »

Go open a few random crates.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: January 06, 2016, 01:04:57 am »

Turn 16

(( Happy new year! I'll post more regularly. Promise. Just like I said I would last time.

Slight change to XP: when I first made the system, I overestimated how much XP people would be gaining. It now costs 100 to get to level 1, 200 to get from level 1 to 2, 300 to get from level 2 to 3. ))

Go looking for more batteries.  Again.  Exit the area first.

You depart from the area and continue to search for M.Batteries. LOOTING: [10 + 1(wisdom)] = 11
Travelling through the pair of doors at the end of the room, you find yourself in a hallway. Taking the first door you find, you end up in a storage closet - filled with fusion packs, bullets, barrels, crates, batteries, and M.Batteries. Without delay, you fill up your energy storage. EU: [450/450].

Grab that gun! If it's in the acid blob, go to the other corpses and grab one of theirs instead.

Irish whip the robot into the absorbing thingimabob.

Reduce my volume in an attempt to become harder, then attack the meatbag! Spray him with acid!

Wraith Initiative: [1 + 1(speed)] = 2
Mangler Initiative: [4 - 1(speed)] = 3
Blorn Initiative: [9 + 1(speed)] = 10

Blorn attempts to contract, forcing his material into a more dense form. STRENGTH: [4 + 1(strength)] = 5
Despite his most strenuous straining, he is unable to reduce his size any. Failing this, he launches an acidic assault against the Mighty Mangler! RANGED: [2 + 1(size) - 1(dexterity)] = 2 VS EVASION: [6 - 1(speed)] = 5
Acid rains down in an arc around the Mangler, who dives out of the way. He rolls over to Wraith, attempting to grab hold and toss him into the blob! GRAB: [3 + 1(dexterity)] = 4 VS DODGE: [2 + 1(speed)] = 3
Wraith turns away to go for a downed guard's gun, but his left arm is grabbed from behind by the Mangler! WRESTLING: [9 + 1(strength) + 2(wrestling) = 12 VS [7 + 2(dexterity)] = 9 (Wrestling defensively takes either dexterity or strength; whichever is higher).
Wraith whips Wraith around, launching him through the acidic spray and into Blorn! Wraith manages to prevent being submerged, bouncing lightly off the goo and landing facefirst into an acid puddle.

Return fire with my rifle.

You return fire with your rifle! RIFLE: [5] = 5 VS DODGE: [5 - 2(difficulty)] = 3
Three of your shots land in the robot's chest. ENDURANCE: [1] = CRIT FAIL
One of them must've hit a critical system, as the robot suddenly stops firing and slumps over. You peek over the table at it hesitantly.

Go open a few random crates.

Walking up to a few random crates, you throw the tops off and peer inside. LUCK: [10] = 10
What luck! Opening the first crate you see, you reach in and pull out your sword! The sword, being a gift of your God himself, possesses tremendous power - or did. It appears to be missing its Power Crystals (a number of gems), reducing its raw magical potential. Still a masterpiece of a weapon; and the aura of holy energy is still there. Note: your traits are amplified while in possession of your Reaping Blade; the stronger it gets (more crystals), the more amplified they are. +1 Reaping Blade

Find weapon. Look around for signs of others, and follow in that direction.

You look around for a weapon or other people. PERCEPTION: [4] = 4
Though you see no weapons or objects that would be well-suited for combat, you hear the sound of combat in the distance. Travelling in that direction, you come to the edge of the maze of crates. Peering at the scene, you see a giant blob spraying acid at a pair of humanoid figures, one of which just Irish whipped the other into the aforementioned blob.

Spoiler: Beirus (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: SaberToothTiger (click to show/hide)

Zormod: +20 XP (combat)
SaberToothTiger: +35 XP (combat)
Peradon: +10 XP (/slime), +10 XP (combat)
wipeout1024: +30 XP (combat)
Beirus: +20 XP (wisdom)
« Last Edit: January 07, 2016, 03:14:40 pm by DontBanTheMan »
Life isn't fair, and neither am I.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: January 06, 2016, 01:41:41 am »

Do my signature move, that is a leaping elbow drop onto my opponent. In this case, the blob of acid. Flex a bit, too. For the fans.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: January 06, 2016, 05:59:44 am »

What else is in here?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
((Also I don't into XP.))
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: January 06, 2016, 01:29:47 pm »

Get up and backstab Mangler with my stunblade, then activate it. If I lost that, use my Arm-Weapon on him instead.
Also, purchase a bladed combat skill, if possible.

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: January 12, 2016, 07:26:36 pm »

Check the body of the Robot.
Ain't nobody got time for that.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: January 13, 2016, 03:44:46 pm »

Search Crates for Armor

Spoiler: Lukiel (click to show/hide)
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: February 09, 2016, 03:35:37 am »

This game is interesting but SOMEONE hasn't posted an update.....get to work.....or something.
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: February 11, 2016, 10:37:15 pm »

((Yeah I'm out too. Doesn't have the ridiculous and fun appeal of the first. Don't take this the wrong way, it's just not my style.))
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: February 11, 2016, 10:46:52 pm »

(( None taken. I'm not really continuing it anyway.
Life isn't fair, and neither am I.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]