Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15

Author Topic: The Aetherworld Prison v2  (Read 27506 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: The Aetherworld Prison v2
« Reply #45 on: September 22, 2015, 06:40:38 pm »

((Considering that my upkeep is 10...Can I improve that?))
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 22, 2015, 06:52:34 pm »

((How much XP does it take to level up?))
Skills are gained through experience. The cost for a skill is 100 + (current skill level x 200). Trying to upgrade a skill to level one costs [100 + (0 x 200)] = 100 XP. To level two (from one) costs [100 + (1 x 200)] = 300 XP. To level three (from two) costs [100 + (2 x 200)] = 500 XP. So on and so forth. The XP cost must be from a related category; for example, you can upgrade Science with 100 XP from Knowledge or 100 XP from Mind, but not 100 XP from Body. Experience is rewarded whenever a player accomplishes something major or pulls off a difficult feat, and may either be general XP (100 XP: to character X, may be spent on any skill) or specific XP (100 Fitness XP: to character X, must be spent on Strength or Constitution skills).[/spoiler]
Simple answer: the cost is 100 to get to Level 1, 300 to get from Level 1 to Level 2, 500 to get from Level 2 to Level 3, 700 to get from Level 3 to Level 4, and so on. The XP spent must be related to the skill.

((Considering that my upkeep is 10...Can I improve that?))
There may be ways to decrease your output; possibly absorbing M.Batteries, magical generation devices, or contracting the services of a mage. To your knowledge, however, your upkeep will only go up (as will your max EU) as you absorb more stuff.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2015, 07:02:09 pm by DontBanTheMan »
Life isn't fair, and neither am I.

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 22, 2015, 06:55:21 pm »

((:/))
Ya'll need Jesus. Just sayin'.

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 22, 2015, 06:58:22 pm »

((:/))
Just rewrote the Skill formula; the end result is exactly the same, but it's easier to calculate now.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 22, 2015, 08:36:22 pm »

Examine surroundings.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 25, 2015, 06:42:03 pm »

Are we still waiting on SaberToothTiger, or are you just going to run the turn without him?
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 25, 2015, 09:21:02 pm »

Turn 1

Are we still waiting on SaberToothTiger, or are you just going to run the turn without him?
[This answers that question]

Stay where I am sitting, but examine my surroundings in detail.

You examine your surroundings. PERCEPTION: [7 + 1(Wisdom)] = 8
The large metal room you are in seems to be some sort of hangar or launching bay; oddly enough, however, there are no doors or other large exits. A control tower overlooks the area, and storage crates are scattered around. Your attention is drawn by a familiar bronze colossus - best steer clear of that one. Many other people, robots, and anomalies are also present. One thing in particular that draws your attention is a large metal pole - no, large metal poles. Six of them can be seen, equally spaced, in the room.

Get the fugue out of the room and away from everyone else, in a direction nobody else is taking.
Prevent others from following the same route.
Take inventory.
Explore new surroundings.

You book it, running away from the center of the room (and hopefully everyone else). RUNNING: [2 - 2(Speed)] = 0
Very few steps are taken before your path is blocked by a pile of storage crates, forcing you to backtrack. You somehow manage to end up where you started, leaving you looking around for a way out. PERCEPTION: [3] = 3
There are large piles of crates in the room, as wel-is that a giant robot?

Scan the region around me for heat signatures. Seek targets to annihilate. Figuring out what is going on will be so much more pleasant when I'm soaked in blood.

You scan the surrounding area. SCAN: [8 - 1(OS damage) - 2(Wisdom)] = 5
Despite your OS' damage and poor perceptive abilities, you pick up a multitude of heat signatures; several in the metal room (which are in eyesight), and many outside of it. PERCEPTION: [6 - 2(Wisdom)] = 4
You see many small meatbags and non-meatbags around your feet. The closest is (roll) a strange collection of hovering objects; there is also a weird golem creature nearby.
[ BTW, don't forget about your Reactor Core's uranium upkeep - I advise bolding or coloring things you have to add/subtract each turn. ]

Look for any food and water, and try to hide, if there seems to be any attackers.

You look around for any food or water. LOOTING: [6 + 1(Wisdom)] = 7
Searching through a few nearby crates, you find that one's full of water bottles and another's filled with canned goods. You grab some supplies and jump inside a third crate which happens to be empty; as good a place to hide as any. New Section: Inventory. +3 Water Bottles [full], +4 Cans [beans].

Get out from the room. After that, search surroundings.

You search for a doorway or another exit. PERCEPTION: [3] = 3
Though you're unable to find one, you're fairly certain it won't be in the center of the room. You begin to run toward one of the walls. RUNNING: [9 - 1(Speed)] = 8
You reach one of the room's walls.

Examine surroundings.

You look around. PERCEPTION: [5] = 5
The room is large and made of metal. It is filled with crates and lifeforms, and you spot a few metal poles. You also see what appears to be a control tower in a corner.

Examine surroundings. Remember if I know any spells. Try to find something to hide behind.

You look around. PERCEPTION: [5] = 5
The room is large and made of metal. It is filled with crates and lifeforms, and you spot a few metal poles. You also see what appears to be a control tower in a corner.
Thinking back, you recall a few spells. KNOWLEDGE: [4 + 3(M.Knowledge [Death]) + 1(Knowledge)] = 8
You've memorized Raise Dead [2], Desecrate [2], Slow [1], and Rain of Death [4]. You also knew a few others, but didn't have them memorized.
While doing this, you take cover behind a nearby crate.

Search the area around me. If I see something organic that is non-threatening, like a small plant or something, move toward it to absorb it.

If I dont see anything like that, begin moving away from the nearest threat.

You look around for any small, organic beings. PERCEPTION: [9 + 2(Wisdom)] = 11
Within a few paces is a crate that's fallen over; it's packed full of flowers. You move to it and begin absorbing the organic material. +Size [Small; 30/100].

Scan area, slip into shadows if possible.

You look around. PERCEPTION: [3 - 1(Wisdom)] = 2
Seeing nothing of interest, you move into the shadow of a large metal pole nearby. The nature of your exterior plating renders you incredibly hard to see.

(/)*Nearby people feel an image of circumstances immediately prior, followed by an emotion best described as querulous*(/)
Thing will cautiously advance, bobbing at about chest height.  Thing will look for magic items and lifeforms nearby, and attempt to skim their thoughts.  Thing will take note of any reactions to its being spotted.

Thing moves forward slowly, sensing for any magic nearby. SENSE MAGIC: [4 + 1(Wisdom) + 2(Made of Magic)] = 7; Magic? 10.
Thing detects a trove of magic nearby, and eagerly hovers toward it. The magic that Thing finds is an old tome, an M.Battery, and a vest in a small unlocked box.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 25, 2015, 09:28:05 pm »

Attack any meatsacks in range by kicking them, and pound my fists against the roof. Make sure not to hit the golem or hovering objects. Non-meat things might be valuable allies.

(What do you mean uranium upkeep? I'm not currently using it as to preserve fuel as I have a lot of EU in my capacity.)
« Last Edit: September 25, 2015, 09:55:35 pm by Coolrune206 »
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 25, 2015, 09:31:37 pm »

Begin moving toward another crate. Look for possible threats as well. If I can get to another crate, attempt to open it. Unless its wood, then absorb it.
Ya'll need Jesus. Just sayin'.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 25, 2015, 10:42:57 pm »

Investigate the vest and tome for problematic effects.  Absorb the battery.  Mana is life.
The Colossus feels a presence attempting to communicate.
(/)*??*(/)
Inspect the general surroundings as much as I don't already know.

Spoiler: sheet (click to show/hide)
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 25, 2015, 11:37:24 pm »

Look for anything.
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 26, 2015, 02:35:49 am »

PERFORM: [2+2(Singing+Charisma)] = 4
"I ain't happy / I'm feeling glad / I've got sunshine / in a bag..."

Run in another direction, then retry actions:
Prevent others from following the same route.
Take inventory.
Explore new surroundings.

There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 26, 2015, 04:14:23 am »

Continue hiding, and try to find a weapon, or something to make a weapon out of.
Ain't nobody got time for that.

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 26, 2015, 07:50:49 am »

Go kill one of the non-sentient animals with rain of death, so I might find out what it does.
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 26, 2015, 02:30:03 pm »

Leave the area, stay in shadows if possible.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15