Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 15

Author Topic: The Aetherworld Prison v2  (Read 27447 times)

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
The Aetherworld Prison v2
« on: September 10, 2015, 11:50:29 pm »

Hello, and welcome to the Aetherworld Prison v2. If you are only just hearing of it, the original can be found here. If you're already familiar with the game; welcome back!

I'll keep it short, sweet, and simple: if you were alive in the previous game, you may keep your character and its design but I'll need you to post a new sheet. All returning players and players who were on the waitlist are guaranteed to get in as long as they post before the game starts; this includes deceased players but not ones who failed to post and/or left mid-game. For any other players who'd like to play, feel free to post a character sheet: you will either join immediately (depending on the number of participants) or be added to the waitlist.

OOC chat is allowed on the main thread; please bold all your actions. Editing posts is allowed; please do this rather than posting your action twice. Game will begin when enough players have signed up.

PS: I've been trying to think of ways to speed up turns. When you post your sheet, please let me know whether you'd be alright with keeping track of your own character (and updating it each turn, posting it with your action) or would you rather I keep track of it. If you guys could do it, it would greatly speed up the rate of turns and make sure I can keep up, while also making sure your sheets are up-to-date. (BTW: if enough people agree to it, it will become a game requirement - keep that in mind!)

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Stats (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Skills (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Rolls and Combat (click to show/hide)

Character Sheets (WIP)

Spoiler: Sinvara (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: IcyTea31 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Coolrune206 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: wipeout1024 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Yourmaster (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Peradon (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Zormod (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: TheBiggerFish (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 15, 2015, 12:42:03 am by DontBanTheMan »
Life isn't fair, and neither am I.

blazing glory

Re: The Aetherworld Prison v2
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2015, 01:10:02 am »

Do we have to use the sheets we originally put on the waitlist or can we make a new one?

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2015, 01:10:50 am »

So many ideas for a new character... Reserving.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2015, 01:29:52 am »

Do we have to use the sheets we originally put on the waitlist or can we make a new one?
You may make a new one.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2015, 01:52:04 am »

This seems interesting. Might as well try to get in (despite what appears to be quite a long waitlist over in the other thread).
E: The intro of the previous game seems to imply that there is magic, if their is still magic, what stat (or stats) does it use?

E: Given how the other thread had people starting out as immortals and bronze collosi, I don't think my char is too overpowered.
And I have no problem upkeeping my own char sheet.
Spoiler: Glom (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 11, 2015, 02:55:54 pm by lemon10 »
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2015, 01:57:10 am »

I'm fine with carrying my sheet in my posts.

Spoiler: Der Heldentenor (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 11, 2015, 04:10:24 am by IcyTea31 »
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2015, 02:08:32 am »

This seems interesting. Might as well try to get in (despite what appears to be quite a long waitlist over in the other thread).
E: The intro of the previous game seems to imply that there is magic, if their is still magic, what stat (or stats) does it fall under?

Don't worry; I'm sure some of the waitlist people got tired of waiting a year and gave up on ever playing. :p

There is indeed magic; it is still in the game. The stats it falls under depends on what method you use to cast.

Method 1: Study and practice. This is your typical Harry Potter, Warcraft, or D&D wizard. They memorize spells, may carry around spellbooks or spell components, and use their intelligence to cast. This method requires KNOWLEDGE to learn and memorize spells, DEXTERITY (for spells that require hand movements) and/or LOGIC (for spells that require intense thought and quick thinking) to cast, and causes fatigue (Constitution) or mental exhaustion (Wisdom).

Method 2: Innate Casting. Certain creatures can cast spells due to their race (see: IcyTea31's character in the original). This kind of casting is almost the same, though doesn't require the learning and/or memorizing of spells and may require different stats for the actual casting (depending on the type of creature). The third step is the same in all but the strangest cases.

PS: keep in mind that the magic system is highly dependent on the individual and method, and certain traits or races may change stats or the magic steps altogether.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2015, 02:10:46 am by DontBanTheMan »

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2015, 02:28:41 am »

"Just" 2 months. No problem.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2015, 05:46:35 am by H4zardZ1 »
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2015, 02:29:38 am »

Heh, was planning on doing a blood mage, but decided to try something more interesting after seeing how crazy everyones sheets were for the last game.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2015, 03:13:08 am »

This is my old character sheet, on the waitlist, but updated.
Name: Aadhaya Gupta
Race: Human
Crime: Murder
Preferred Stats: 1.IQ 2.Wit 3. Agility 4. Fitness
Starting Skills: +1 Physics, +1 Navigation
Bio: Aadhaya used to be a promising physicist, but when she found out one of her rivals was getting her ideas, she murdered them, to make sure she was the one to get the recognition. She was found out, and was sent to the Prison.
Traits/Flaws: Rotund- You have a larger figure, and this gives you a penalty to Speed. Outspoken- You tend to say you what's on your mind, giving a bonus to Perception, but a slight penalty to Charisma.
I'd rather you keep track of it for me, but it's fine if I need to.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2015, 12:18:45 am by wipeout1024 »
Ain't nobody got time for that.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2015, 05:34:11 am »

Name: Rune
Race: Bronze Colossus
Crime: Destruction of DF 95, Destruction of an Aetherworld Prison.
Bio: After he destroyed the dome of the original Aetherworld Prison, Rune was hit with many large chunks of the dome. He became trapped, and separated from a good deal of his body. Over time, utilizing the self repair module, he repaired the pieces he found, and used a small GPS to locate the other pieces, which he accessed by reprocessing what parts of his body he did have into a wheel. Eventually, after regaining all of his limbs and various body parts (Minus a chunk of his torso he never located), he activated the self-repair module and went into somewhat of a hibernation mode, set to wake whenever all of his systems were re-functional. During the hibernation he became almost fully repaired, although the laser cannon had been heavily damaged and as it was not of his origin, he could not repair it to exactly the way it was: The laser cannon is no longer nearly as powerful as it once was.
Stats: 1 Fitness, 2 Agility, 3 IQ, 4 Wit.
Skills: Charging (For the laser Cannon), Hand-to-Hand combat
Traits/Flaws: Flaw: Due to the fact that the Bronze Colossus is inhuman and almost AI like, an IQ test must be taken whenever he will take an action that will unnecessarily put his life at risk, to see if he himself stops himself.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Nunzillor

« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2015, 02:55:48 pm »

PTW

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2015, 08:23:45 pm »

I'll join again and attempt to be active.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 11, 2015, 08:47:40 pm by Yourmaster »
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2015, 07:09:09 am »

Spoiler: Yay. (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 12, 2015, 12:43:08 pm by SaberToothTiger »
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2015, 07:59:26 am »

I believe only dragonborns are within reason. I might be wrong through.
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 15