Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 47

Author Topic: Blind Fate - Turn 42 (Updated 2/24)  (Read 46779 times)

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Blind Fate - Turn 20 (Updated 11/15)
« Reply #330 on: November 17, 2015, 05:58:12 am »

Gun down as many of the flying fish as possible!  Who cares about the local ecosystem, it's only a game!

((How much ammo are you willing to spend?))
All of it.
Due to Real Life reasons, I have to disappear for awhile.  Take me out of all games that I'm participating in.  Sorry.

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: November 17, 2015, 09:00:27 pm »

Better fire up the old bat mobile here. Move into the driver position and prepare to drive off. I guess they have been salvaging from our technology. Either that or they just decided to print things in a language they couldn't read.
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: November 18, 2015, 03:01:57 am »

1745 GREENHEART TIME, MAY 21st, 301 P.L
ERROR: FAILED TO CONNECT TO INTERNET TIME SERVER.

Arthur Staunch (Megggas):

[6] You empty your magazines, shooting plenty of fish. Problem: you are now out of ammunition.
You managed to drop sixteen fish in addition to the first one you found. All are in bad condition, but about 14 are somewhat intact (the blade is okay).

However, you have more pressing concerns. The school of redfish happens to be larger than you thought it was, probably numbering in the hundreds if not thousands. The swarm descends upon you like locusts. You feel repeated impacts against your armor--the fish are trying to slice apart your armor! None of them breach the outer layer, but it is bound to have taken its toll on your suit. (1 damage)
The swarm follows you around.

Spoiler: Status,Traits,Invntory (click to show/hide)

Nole (Slayer1557):

"Well we're still trying to figure that out.  But as I said I plan on making a facecloth to help filter out the particulates."  He listened briefly to her history, and commented, "Well very nice to meet you.  I'm Marcus Noehl, and I went to sleep back in 119 PL.  I'll have to hear all about what ship life was like in the 200's, but that's for another time.  You can just call me Nole."  He grabs the slug and fish he had and offers it.  "Are either of you hungry?  I've been taste testing some of the local wildlife to see if it's edible... or poisonous.  Results have been positive so far.  Wish I had a proper pan to cook in though.  I hope we can get more supplies from other dropships."

She accepts the slug bit without so much as a thought. She looks at it for a bit, holding it up at different angles.
"What do I do with this?" she asks.

You have 10 red fish, 1 cooked
You have 6 green fish, 0.9 cooked
You have .9 cooked sand slug

((There is one extra Magnus suit left, by the way.))

Ciri (Twinwolf):

Nole offers you some food. It's a piece of a ray-like creature that he must have hunted. Your pod didn't come with any food inside.

You hear a fluttering noise to the north. There appears to be a swarm of insects nearby. It's not moving at the moment.

S. D. "Smooth" McGroove (SaberToothTiger):

"Uh, hello. Heh. This... we arrived? We home free? I just woke up, so... If you have anything important you need to tell me, like where we are, or is the atmosphere breathable, and is that rain actually sulphuric acid. You know... That stuff."

"Rainwater isn't acidic. That we can be sure of," says the doctor that just came in.

You hear voices outside. They're not in english, which is odd, because everyone spoke english on the ship. It was far easier to teach everyone a single language, although there were people in the sector that studied ancient languages for various intellectual pursuits.
Cueball seems occupied with something ((Like not posting ;) )).

Cueball (Paphi):

"Survivor! Good to see you're alive. Stick around. Name's Cueball.

Unfortunately, doctor, the gel would paralyze his diaphragm. Unless you happen to have another iron lung somewhere, he's doomed. I'm sorry."

Considering that the man is bleeding all over the floor, it seems unlikely that just a gel would do. He'd need a transfusion, plus the aforementioned iron lung. But the doctor, whether in denial or just hopeful, still pleads.
"He has one working lung..? But... what about the pod your survivor came in? Isn't that a sort of iron lung?"

There is a rumbling outside. It's an engine starting... and it's coming from the direction of the workshop.

Nyar Donovon (WunderKatze):

[5] You first look around for controls. You want to get a general idea of where the ignition is so you can hotwire it.
You find a knob. Being curious, you pull on it.

The car starts and lurches forward out of the workshop, pulling you into the driver's seat.

« Last Edit: November 18, 2015, 03:08:37 am by _DivideByZero_ »
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
Re: Blind Fate - Turn 20 (Updated 11/18)
« Reply #333 on: November 18, 2015, 06:03:06 am »

"Thanks." Ciri says, beginning to eat the offered food.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Paphi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: November 18, 2015, 02:55:23 pm »

"I'd help him if I thought he could be saved, doctor. Graves, help me move the pod outside. Can you help, survivor?"

Quote from: Radio
"I hope that's you, Nyar. Cabinboy, come to the infirmary."

Get the pod outside.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: November 18, 2015, 03:27:18 pm »

"I'd help him if I thought he could be saved, doctor. Graves, help me move the pod outside. Can you help, survivor?"

"I hope that's you, Nyar. Cabinboy, come to the infirmary."

Get the pod outside.

"But what if you're wrong? Why can't you just put him in the pod?"

Cabinboy appears just outside the crack in the wall. Half his face was torn off so you can see the metal undernearth, as well as flickering status lights. All are green, so he should be fine aside from his appearance.
"There are a lot of signals to jam! I almost can't keep up!" he says with a broken grin.

The doctor looks mildly terrified.
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: November 18, 2015, 03:42:35 pm »

Need a pickup? Better yet a delivery? 60mm right to your doorstep. Ha ha.
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: November 18, 2015, 05:04:03 pm »

"Well, that's fun and dandy and all that, but where are we? Is there food? Drinkable water? Air? A shelter? Medical supplies? I need to know, so I can be useful. Help me out here, man. I am quite confused. And can you save this bleeding man?"
I search the room for hidden goodies. There always are hidden goodies.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Paphi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: November 18, 2015, 05:52:29 pm »

"The pod needs to be powered to sustain a metabolism, let alone repair biomicrostructures. There is a hole in this man's chest, doctor. Stasis pods do not run on magic."

"A pickup is good. You know where to meet us."

"Stay alive until this calms down, survivor. There was an explosion nearby, if you couldn't tell. We have to leave and regroup. For now, just stick with me. Graves, do you have spare Magsuits?

Cabinboy, keep it up, I'm sure you're doing great."

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: November 18, 2015, 06:12:31 pm »

"Ahh, sweet!  Time to grief somebody!"

Run around in search of other players, while making sure the swarm continues following me.  If I find someone, run in circles around that person while the swarm screws up whatever they were trying to do.  Tell them I'll only leave them alone if they give me their rarest item.
Due to Real Life reasons, I have to disappear for awhile.  Take me out of all games that I'm participating in.  Sorry.

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: November 19, 2015, 04:54:49 pm »

Drive over the infirmary. I really should go about securing a nice hat for myself. The hierarchy must be established.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2015, 08:06:58 pm by WunderKatze »

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

Slayer1557

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: November 19, 2015, 06:42:21 pm »

Looking at Ciri, Nole comments.  "Yea, it's not the best, but I'd rather not starve for now.  I don't know when the others will get back, so we have to make do."  He pauses for a moment and adds.  "For now, my plan was to stay here, and make as much use out of what we have as possible.  Learning what I can about how to survive here.  There's a lot that needs to be done."  To Ciri he mentions.  "You aren't hurt, right?  I have some medical supplies on hand if you need it."

To the strange girl.  "What do you mean?  It's lunch, haha!  I wish I could do better, but I'm just working with what was around.  If you aren't hungry, that's ok.  You really should get your oxygen mask on, or get in the Magnus suit."  He points to the last remaining suit.  "It will keep you protected, warm, and  breathing.  I'd hate to see you get hypothermia in this rain."

He gets up and grabs the last suit, bringing it over to the girl.  "Oh, and I don't think I caught either of your names.  I can only call one person 'Hey you!'" He says with a chuckle.  "If you have any questions about the ship or our current situation, I'll be happy to help as much as I can.  I don't want to have to do everything myself, you see."  He grins.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: November 19, 2015, 06:44:28 pm »

"I'm Ciri. Nice to meet you."
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Paphi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: November 19, 2015, 08:07:07 pm »

Drive over the infirmary.

over the

((Please put a "to" in there))

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: November 19, 2015, 10:31:26 pm »

Drive over the infirmary.

over the

((Please put a "to" in there))

((You heard me the hierarchy must be established!))

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 47