Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 47

Author Topic: Blind Fate - Turn 42 (Updated 2/24)  (Read 46247 times)

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
Re: Blind Fate - Turn 20 (Updated 11/23)
« Reply #375 on: November 24, 2015, 06:05:18 pm »

"Haven't you had any?"
She holds up a piece of the gel. It gently oozes down her gloved fingers.
"This piece, in addition to carbohydrates, contains every important vitamin and mineral necessary for human sustenance. It also tastes like sugar.
How else do you live inside for hundreds of years? It's not like the pods freeze you solid, they only slow your metabolism and repair cell damage."
Defeated, he lets out a sigh and his hand drops to his side.  "Ahh, sorry.  I didn't know.  It never really occurred to me.  For your sake I hope you're right.  I'm just on edge.  So much can go wrong here, especially before we get in contact with the others.  Hell, that's assuming they even landed safely.  Anyway, just... be careful.  And let me know if you plan to run off."  He casts a sideways glance at the offered gel, and takes a tiny bit with a finger and tastes it.  Embarrassed at his outburst he leaves her be and goes back up top.  He felt a little guilty about the whole affair and decided to just finish off what he had cooked. (Master Chef Bonus, get?)

Putting himself to something more productive he sets about making some face masks for the group to protect themselves from the particulates in the air without wasting the Magnus suits.  Grabbing one of the two unused jumpsuits, he cuts it into at least 6 masks, maybe a few extras depending on how much material remains.  Just trying to protect the mouth and nose.

If I recall correctly, Night is wearing the last of the intact suits. There were 8 suits, one per pod, and 7 are being worn.

But you still have the material from the last one.
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
Re: Blind Fate - Turn 24 (Updated 11/24)
« Reply #376 on: November 24, 2015, 06:06:08 pm »

Look for something useful. Food, water, etc.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Slayer1557

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: November 24, 2015, 06:46:25 pm »

If I recall correctly, Night is wearing the last of the intact suits. There were 8 suits, one per pod, and 7 are being worn.

But you still have the material from the last one.
-The jumpsuit seems suitable. It's made of some sort of microfiber that's aquaphobic but when you stretch it you can see the weave. There is one per pod, and five are in use. But one is unoccupied and the other had that mummified body in it, so there's two spares.
((Ciri and Night were wearing their jumpsuit upon leaving the pod.  I'm getting confused.))

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: November 24, 2015, 09:15:11 pm »

((Ciri and Night were wearing their jumpsuit upon leaving the pod.  I'm getting confused.))

((Derp. Jumpsuit. Not Magnus suit))

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: November 24, 2015, 11:47:39 pm »

"Don't load the high velocity or HEAT" Nyar quickly motions towards the different shells to show cueball the difference.

Fire another shell at the target fire the coaxial MG if there is one, try to figure out what is shooting at us.
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: November 25, 2015, 02:57:46 am »

1800 GREENHEART TIME, MAY 21st, 301 P.L
ERROR: FAILED TO CONNECT TO INTERNET TIME SERVER.

Arthur Staunch (Megggas):

Scavenge the landscape for more items to add to my unlimited inventory.  Grab everything I find, regardless of how seemingly impractical and useless.  I got me some craftin' to do!

[4] Disregarding the flamethrower group, you look around the general vicinity of the crash site some more. Here you find, buried in the ground, a large dirk made of high-quality metal and a staff built from a shining piece of chrome.

You feel that your movespeed has gotten slightly lower after you start carrying these items.

Got shrapnel piece!
Got broken pitot tube

Spoiler: Status,Traits,Invntory (click to show/hide)

Ciri (Twinwolf):

[5] You look for something useful, and end up reading the manual for the shuttle, which you find on the shuttle's computer.

Quote from: Shuttle Info
The Atmospheric Landing Vehicle is designed for rapid takeoff and landing. It is able to dock not only inside a shuttle hangar on the GCS Einstein's Cross, but with space stations and vessels using the Connectron Docking Brace.

Its liquid-oxygen/hydrogen (LOX) engines can accelerate the unladen spacecraft at a maximum of 38.83 m/sē, excluding the effects of gravity. With gravitational effects on Earth accounted for, the spacecraft will accelerate at 29.02 m/sē. This amounts to a force of 2.8 MN of thrust, factoring the shuttle's weight of 75 tonnes.

The shuttle is fully integrated with the Illuminate team tracking and positioning system, which is fully independent of satellite and radio tower communication. All Magnus suits defer communication to their assigned shuttle, which provides them with lighthouse-based radio positioning and long distance communications reaching up to 70 km in all forms of terrestrial weather.
To change the host shuttle, the Magnus suit must be booted in Configuration mode. Navigate to the Communications menu and pair shuttles using the interface provided.

The shuttle is capable of carrying 10 tonnes of cargo, enough for eight Cryonix Stasis Units plus occupants and gel. Carrying supplies with a full load of pods is unnecessary; the Oxygel can be consumed as regular food and is in fact encouraged as it contains all proteins, vitamins, and minerals required for human life. Do not allow animals to ingest Oxygel.

The shuttle contains 1x all-purpose medical kit and 1x Planetary Colonization prospector's kit. The total inventory is thus:
x80 bandages
x20 Medical Gel
x10 all-purpose spade
x2 Atmospheric Analyzer
x2 Pedology Analyzer
x2 Light Jackhammer
x5 Seismic Radar units
1x Thermal Lance
4x Metal Detector
10x Flashlight torch
1x Genetic sampler
2x Atmospheric Conditioning Capsule
4x Handheld Microscope
8x Climbing gear
4x Power Saw
8x Double battery charger
1x Mini Scout Ornithopter w/ Control

Nole (Slayer1557):

[1] The jumpsuit material, unfortunately, is non-permeable and watertight. You try to see if you can filter air with it, but you just end up blowing a balloon.

You have 10 red fish, 1 cooked
You have 6 green fish, 0.9 cooked
You have .9 cooked sand slug

Cueball (Paphi):

[4] With your help, Nyar is able to fire twice this turn.

Nyar Donovon (WunderKatze):

[5 - new mini-trait] You fire, (4 vs 2+1) missing the first shot. It impacts on the sand nearby the target.
(2) A counter shot is made, but Cueball notices the crater pop up at the halfway point between the vehicles.
[5] You strike again! (2 vs 2+1) It hits the target squarely, (5) failing to penetrate the armor. You can tell because the vehicle starts moving toward you, kicking up a cloud of dirt.

(They have -2 accuracy while moving. You have -1 accuracy to hit them while they are moving.)

Fortunately, your shot must have damaged the treads or something, because the target veers to its side, reverses, and then veers the other way as it reverses.
You see a hatch open up at the top: a white flag emerges.

Current Armor: +2
Current weapon: 60mm Mark III Gun (Accuracy: 4close/3mid/2far)
Ammunition:
4x High Explosive (Power: 3) (Can hit multiple infantry)
7x High Velocity (Power: 4)
2x HEAT (Power: 5)

S. D. "Smooth" McGroove (SaberToothTiger):

There are no bushes, but miles of miles of sand all around, most of it having the consistency of mud. of course, if there's nothing to look under, then the only way to go is down.
You dig with your hands and find [6] a landmine. You're not sure if it's armed or not...

« Last Edit: November 27, 2015, 01:28:21 am by _DivideByZero_ »

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Blind Fate - Turn 25 (Updated 11/24)
« Reply #381 on: November 25, 2015, 04:38:23 am »

I do the only reasonable thing that needs to be done with a buried landmine in the middle of a warzone. I grab it in my grubby little hands and run to the car.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: November 25, 2015, 04:24:56 pm »

"A tank? I figured it was a infantry based AT gun." Nyar sighs and slumps back from the gun optics.

Look for a rotating periscope and scan the area.
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

Slayer1557

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: November 25, 2015, 04:41:41 pm »

[1] The jumpsuit material, unfortunately, is non-permeable and watertight. You try to see if you can filter air with it, but you just end up blowing a balloon.

-The jumpsuit seems suitable. It's made of some sort of microfiber that's aquaphobic but when you stretch it you can see the weave. There is one per pod, and five are in use. But one is unoccupied and the other had that mummified body in it, so there's two spares.
((@.@))

'I could have sworn it was gonna work.' Frustrated with the jumpsuit he leaves it be for now, and checks on the ship radio and console.  Send out another message via text.  'This is shuttle G19, do any other shuttles read me?'

"What are you up to, Ciri?" Noticing her digging through the cabin.

Also stored in various pockets and compartments is some hand sanitizer, a comb, a box of tissues, about twenty small coins, a slender bobblehead, and a respiration mask that links into the shuttle's oxygen system.
((Also just had a thought.  Grab the bobblehead, gain stats. :D  Ok... I'll go back to Fallout 4 now >.>))

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: November 25, 2015, 04:46:32 pm »

"Trying to find something useful. Even if the stasis gel is edible, we'll need something else to eat eventually. Seeing if there's maybe an emergency kit containing food, but no dice."
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: November 25, 2015, 05:45:01 pm »

Search for a hostile land mob with minimal armor but don't aggro it just yet.  Place my redfish blades into the ground, mostly hidden but sticking out just enough that someone can step onto them for a painful surprise.  Once I have my trap set up, aggro the mob and lure it to my trap.  After it painfully triggers the trap, rush it while it's distracted and beat it down with my fish bayonet until it dies.  Then loot the corpse for more stuff.
Due to Real Life reasons, I have to disappear for awhile.  Take me out of all games that I'm participating in.  Sorry.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: November 25, 2015, 06:56:10 pm »

((@.@))

((:C If there had been a roll for the first description I would change the outcome, but I think it's possible for both to be true. That just means the jumpsuit has multiple layers, one of which is airtight as well but you can't see that one. If you split it up into multiple layers you can test each layer.))

'I could have sworn it was gonna work.' Frustrated with the jumpsuit he leaves it be for now, and checks on the ship radio and console.  Send out another message via text.  'This is shuttle G19, do any other shuttles read me?'

You see a log of messages between Cueball and another shuttle before. That must mean the one talking from the other shuttle must have left. Or is otherwise no longer available.
Further responses will come in time ((I'll have to roll this and I don't have time atm))

((Also just had a thought.  Grab the bobblehead, gain stats. :D  Ok... I'll go back to Fallout 4 now >.>))

You pick up the bobblehead. [2] It yells at you in a gruff drill sergeant voice, but aside from adding character it doesn't do anything.

Slayer1557

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: November 25, 2015, 08:54:17 pm »

((There's a reason I didn't argue beyond the emoji.  It's fine.  I'll come up with another plan, and promptly roll a [1].  ;) You did miss the master chef bonus though. D:  Not that a [2] would have saved the outcome.  Use it on the next action then?))
He felt a little guilty about the whole affair and decided to just finish off what he had cooked. (Master Chef Bonus, get?)

Putting himself to something more productive he sets about making some face masks for the group to protect themselves from the particulates in the air without wasting the Magnus suits.  Grabbing one of the two unused jumpsuits, he cuts it into at least 6 masks, maybe a few extras depending on how much material remains.  Just trying to protect the mouth and nose.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: November 25, 2015, 11:21:52 pm »

((There's a reason I didn't argue beyond the emoji.  It's fine.  I'll come up with another plan, and promptly roll a [1].  ;) You did miss the master chef bonus though. D:  Not that a [2] would have saved the outcome.  Use it on the next action then?))

((It actually would have changed it somewhat... but I'll apply it to the next action if you want.))

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: November 26, 2015, 06:43:25 am »

((Waiting on actions from Twinwolf and Paphi))

He felt a little guilty about the whole affair and decided to just finish off what he had cooked. (Master Chef Bonus, get?)

((Do you mean to repeat the action you quoted?))

"A tank? I figured it was a infantry based AT gun." Nyar sighs and slumps back from the gun optics.

Look for a rotating periscope and scan the area.

The turret has a periscope for the commander's seat, which has a wider field of view than the gun scope. You focus on the target, which is still heavily obscured by rain (you cannot discern any markings), but you can tell that five people have left the interior of the vehicle.

They are all wearing greatcoats, in considerably different fashion from what Graves and the local soldiers are wearing.

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 47