Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 47

Author Topic: Blind Fate - Turn 42 (Updated 2/24)  (Read 46096 times)

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
Re: Blind Fate - Turn 25 (Updated 11/24)
« Reply #390 on: November 26, 2015, 06:45:16 am »

Nyar smiles. "Do we want prisoners? I'm sure they could tell us lots about this planet and our surroundings."
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: November 26, 2015, 08:41:06 am »

See if I can find all the supplies mentioned by the shuttle's manual.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Slayer1557

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: November 26, 2015, 12:24:15 pm »

((Do you mean to repeat the action you quoted?))
((Oh, no, sorry.  I would have had something bolded not in quotes.  I'm of the mind to never retcon unless it's really bad.))

Paphi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: November 26, 2015, 01:47:28 pm »

"Let's get this dingus first. Prisoners later, maybe."

Keep trying to get SD in the car.

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: November 26, 2015, 09:04:19 pm »

Look around crew compartment for personal defense weapon or grenades.
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: November 27, 2015, 01:42:26 am »

1805 GREENHEART TIME, MAY 21st, 301 P.L
ERROR: FAILED TO CONNECT TO INTERNET TIME SERVER.

Arthur Staunch (Megggas):

[3] You search for a couple of minutes. Eventually, you discover a herd of sand slug things with a green slimy trail behind them. The slugs don't seem hostile yet and are rather slow, but if you aggro them they might gain some speed, so...

You set 14 blades into the ground, and then walk up to the slug and kick it. Immediately, a swarm of green flying fishes emerges from the trail of green slime and... attacks the redfish blades on the ground, ignoring you. They stop after a while, but several of them are bruised and cut.
Net gain: 4x Greenfish

Spoiler: Status,Traits,Invntory (click to show/hide)

Ciri (Twinwolf):

Let's see... you think you found one of the spades and a metal detector in a pile outside, plus an "Atmospheric analyzer" and a fire extinguisher. The fire extinguisher is not on the list, though.

[6] That means they must have gotten lost. You expand your search, doing a lap around the shuttle and noting some footsteps--likely from Nole's suit. You avoid those.

Eventually, you find a large pole in the ground, sticking up at an 80° angle. It looks like a steel girder. There are quite a few others nearby, some bent out of shape, others burnt.

Nole (Slayer1557):

[5-new miniquest] You receive a reply!
Quote from: Shuttle Console
"Survivors! I'm glad we could talk! Listen, I think there's something really strange going on. There are other humans on this planet! They have circa-WWII-level equipment, and one of them marched on our shuttle, G14, and took the other four prisoner. I'm the only one that's left! We have to do something about this!"

Master Chef +1 bonus will apply to next action (skipped because rolled a 5)

You have 10 red fish, 1 cooked
You have 6 green fish, 0.9 cooked
You have .9 cooked sand slug

Cueball (Paphi):

[2] The survivor runs back to the car of his own accord... but he looks to be holding something in his hand. Something that looks like a can of food. Supplies from the GCS, perhaps?

And then he trips. The canister explodes.

You are just far enough away that you don't get hurt. The survivor, though, he seems to be bleeding.

Nyar Donovon (WunderKatze):

[4] It turns out that there is a hidden trunk below the commander's seat containing two SMG's. They both have perforated air-cooling barrel shrouds but no foregrip. The caliber on the side reads ".44"

Also, the barrels are rifled! ((Counts for your rifle quest))

Current Armor: +2
Current weapon: 60mm Mark III Gun (Accuracy: 4close/3mid/2far)
Ammunition:
4x High Explosive (Power: 3) (Can hit multiple infantry)
7x High Velocity (Power: 4)
2x HEAT (Power: 5)

S. D. "Smooth" McGroove (SaberToothTiger):

[1] Yup, definitely reasonable.

The gas mask protects your eyes from the explosion, and it's only a small antipersonnel mine, but you still get scratches and punctures all over your body.

« Last Edit: November 27, 2015, 04:14:12 am by _DivideByZero_ »
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Blind Fate - Turn 26 (Updated 11/24)
« Reply #396 on: November 27, 2015, 11:42:26 am »

"Oh my god, my eyes! My face! Why does it have to hurt so much?!"
Run away from all this nonsense.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Paphi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: November 27, 2015, 12:31:20 pm »

Cueball stared at the idiotic, writhing mass. He'd been awake all of two hours and twice had to deal with dinguses with no sense of self preservation. He was damn tired of it, and damn tired of trying to be nice to these fools.

He stormed over to the crippled colonist and forcefully dragged his injured comrade into the car. No ifs, ands or buts.

He ranted aloud, "Stupid, suicidal moron! Was that a grenade!? How do you let something explode in your hand? I told you to stick with me! You didn't listen, and now look at yourself! I could have let you die to whatever hellish infection you had, but I saved you because I'm fucking obligated. All you had to do was try not to die! Just try! Simple as not grabbing random explosives!"

As the colonist resisted him, he yelled, "GET IN THE CAR!"

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: November 28, 2015, 06:09:39 pm »

((Would there be enough room for a prisoner after Cueball and SD get in?))

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: November 29, 2015, 01:58:40 am »

((Would there be enough room for a prisoner after Cueball and SD get in?))

It would be rather cramped. But if clowns can do it, then so can you.

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: November 29, 2015, 02:10:50 am »

Look for a radio to contact the tank with if there is one say...

"Hey you stupid fucks get the hell out or some lead will be coming in."

... If not yell it across the field at the tank.

"I'm thinking we should take one of these guys with us, it's for my enjoyment."

If they get out take one hostage and let Cueball decide what to do with the others.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: November 29, 2015, 08:19:59 am »

Anything weird about the steel girders? Because if they were just debris from the ship crash, they'd probably not be particularly eye-catching, right?
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: November 29, 2015, 09:54:44 am »

Examine the greenfish corpses and check if I can craft anything with them.
Due to Real Life reasons, I have to disappear for awhile.  Take me out of all games that I'm participating in.  Sorry.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: November 29, 2015, 01:57:56 pm »

Anything weird about the steel girders? Because if they were just debris from the ship crash, they'd probably not be particularly eye-catching, right?

They are some of the few things scattered about besides sand. And they all happened to land in roughly the same area for some reason.

Slayer1557

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: November 30, 2015, 02:50:45 am »

((Don't forget to remove the cooked fish from my inventory, since I ate that stuff.  Or the uncooked ones, too, I guess.  They're just lying around in the shuttle somewhere.  I'm not carrying around a bunch of dead fish. :P))

Nole was excited to hear another shuttle, but they didn't exactly have good news.

Quote from: To Radio
"What did you say!?  Other humans on the planet?  How is that possible?  I don't know if we'll be able to rescue them right now.  There's three of us here, and four more who went off to make contact with another shuttle, G15, I believe.  Oh, and the CAB-iN-Boy.  I haven't had contact with them since they left, and I fear the worst.  I'm Marcus Noehl, or just 'Nole'.  Can you locate our shuttle?  Our spotlight is on right now if you get in visual range, but the rain is not helping.  Do you have a 3D Printer?  We have a good stock of voxels."

Try to get the distance to their shuttle, or better yet a direction.  Do whatever I can to enable them to do the same (Some kind of signal, etc).
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 47