Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 47

Author Topic: Blind Fate - Turn 42 (Updated 2/24)  (Read 46220 times)

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
Re: Blind Fate - Sci Fi Colonization/Survival/Exploration - Turn 1
« Reply #45 on: September 16, 2015, 01:27:28 pm »

Cabin-Boy gazes up at the stars, feeling content about his new home. When the man walks up to him and vomits, he proceeds to quickly clean up the vomit.
"Hello sir, are you quite alright? Your lunch is- well was- all over the ground. How did you find the flight? Where are the others? Oh boy oh boy, I can't wait to see the looks on their faces!"

"Ugh.  What are you doing here little boy?  I thought this game had a minimum age requirement of 16.  What's going on..."

Attempt to understand what's going on right now.

(Sorry for the delay.  Been busy.)
Cabin-Boy looks at him strangely. "Oh no no no, I'm not a real boy. I'm CABiN-BOY 1000. I was designed to help the colonists. Also.... what do you mean by 'game'? This is pretty darn real. Wait... wait... Is your name... Arthur? Arthur Staunch? I've heard rumors about him. Said he became so attached to this ga.... right." (I imagine news of a person facing the council and dooming a load of colonists wouldn't go unheard, especially by A.I.)
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
Turn 2
« Reply #46 on: September 16, 2015, 02:42:48 pm »

1600 GREENHEART TIME, MAY 21st, 301 P.L
ERROR: FAILED TO CONNECT TO INTERNET TIME SERVER.

Arthur Staunch (Megggas):
You work on getting your bearings set. This land... it looks to be an uncharted segment of the game map. Purple skies and dark clouds... that would suggest this is part of the Necronian expansion. The one acclaimed to be the "most realistic yet." They said the NPC's would even recognize you from real-life!

The ground looks especially soft and soggy, perfect for skeletal ambushers to erupt from.
In fact, you notice some of the puddles lying around aren't puddles! They're raised off the ground a bit, and slightly darker than regular water. Probably some kind of slimy crafting resource, given the nature of the campaign.
Spoiler: Status,Traits,Invntory (click to show/hide)
Mark Johns'son (Pencil_Art):
[3] You pull on the door, and the handle pops off. Oh well.
Instead, you kick the crate in, folding the door inward and permanently revealing its contents. There are 80 units of bandages, along with 20 medical gel syringes.
Perhaps you should split the supplies with your teammates in case any of them need it.
Cueball (Paphi):
The suit boots up as you put it on, shaping itself to fit to your body. You then enter the cockpit as Nole breaks in. There isn't any pilot in the seat, but the computer was set on autopilot to guide the shuttle.

You dial in an SOS using the keypad, echoing it first to all shuttles, then sweeping every radio frequency the shuttle is capable of. You don't give your coordinates though, because the computer shows the location as UNDEFINED.
It should be some time before most of the other survivors check their shuttle's consoles. Unless... unless you are the only ones left. That would be inconvenient.

[6] And now you get a response over the AM bands. The computer is ill-fitted to automatically tune itself to speech, so the result is less than intelligible.
QueEUR at TH--as? Bigandem clera.

Nyar Donovon (WunderKatze):
[1] You wait... and wait... but nobody shows up. Maybe you should do it yourself?
The rain pounds heavily on the shuttle casing. The puddles outside seem to be getting larger and... you're not sure how to describe it to yourself. Egg-like? There is a darker region in the center surrounded by the usual brown, muddy water. Better not slip.
Nole (Slayer1557):
((Miniquest coming up since you rolled a base [5] last turn! Also, for future reference, you can only get one miniquest per turn in case you chain multiple actions together.))
Suiting up, you notice that there is a timer (see top of post) in the corner of your vision. Since the HUD is projected from a tiny eye tracker on a rail at nose level, the text grows when you look at it and moves into the center of your vision so you can see it more clearly.

The suit has a port on the chin for the oxygen tank. You disconnect the mask and screw in the tank, hearing a seal click into place. A popup appears on the helmet:
SWITCHED TO EXTERNAL OXYGEN. PROJECTED TANK LIFE: 5 minutes, 32 seconds.
DE-STASIS SYMPTOMS DETECTED. RECOMMEND BREATHING 100% OXYGEN FOR 4-5 MINUTES. RAISING INTERNAL PRESSURE to 200 kPa...
The suit causes no harm by the usual rigmarole, so you proceed to kicking in the pilot cabin door.

Apparently, there was no pilot. The computer seems operational, although it's currently on standby for further orders.
Destination reached, autopilot disengaged.
The pilot's seat can detatch, and there is a grip on the inner canopy labelled EXPLOSIVES WITHIN HULL, likely used to blow the canopy off. The seat has three parachutes still curled up inside their tubes, as well as a G-suit curled up on the floor next to it.
CAB-iN-Boy 1000 (DigitalDemon):
((That, plus AI memory. You'll definitely remember.
Technically children can also enter the WorldNet, but they'd stay inside specifically cordoned-off areas.
I didn't find an action, per se, so I had to skip this roll. Sorry!))
« Last Edit: September 21, 2015, 12:29:42 am by _DivideByZero_ »
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Paphi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Blind Fate - Sci Fi Colonization/Survival/Exploration - Turn 2
« Reply #47 on: September 16, 2015, 03:20:35 pm »

((Exactly how familiar are we with each other? Did we meet before we descended or were we just packed into the shuttle like cargo?))

A response already! Luck, for once. Cueball tried to tune in on the returned signal. He also looked around the cockpit for anything he could use to identify this particular shuttle, and ran a diagnostic... on the wreck, and himself. He doubted they'd be staying at the shuttle for long, but it'd be nice to know if it (or he) was at risk of exploding anytime soon.

If he couldn't manage to get voice through, he'd tap CAN YOU USE MORSE.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2015, 01:27:21 am by Paphi »

Slayer1557

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 16, 2015, 03:33:51 pm »

((Exactly how familiar are we with each other? Did we meet before we descended or were we just packed into the shuttle like cargo?))
((I assume we have likely never met.  I just haven't done introductions because of the situation.  It would be easy to forget to do so))

((Oh, I thought there was another locker or something, from this.  If that was just the door to the cabin, that's fine))
and a further compartment (in the direction of the pilot's seat) whose door seems to have been jammed in place.

Nole's interest was piqued when he heard the scrambled message on the radio.  "What was that?  Can you tune into that?  Pleeaasse let it be other survivors!  And not some automated message being broadcast from another wreck.  I'm gonna see if I can't find anything else in here.  We may want those parachutes on the seat, if we can, and the explosives in the hull."

Remove the parachute tubes if possible, and not too large (I'm thinking they're cardboard tube sized?).  Check under the pilot seat, detaching it if necessary, to see if anything is stashed there.  See if there is a way to easily get at the explosives in the frame.  Try to keep them from getting wet.

Shouting back at the group, "Does anyone see a container I could keep some explosives in?  I don't really want to get them wet."

((Hmm... that quest.  With no other info, that's gonna be tricky.  Maybe I just don't know an easy way to calculate it.  Does the suit have a timer function?  Not that we can see any celestial bodies right now with the pouring rain.  And that won't really help with the year.  Do the quests expire?))Check if the suit has a timer function

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 16, 2015, 04:09:51 pm »

((Like cargo. I used the character's name because I wanted to be clear who it was. Sorry if that made things unclear.))

((Hmm... that quest.  With no other info, that's gonna be tricky.  Maybe I just don't know an easy way to calculate it.  Does the suit have a timer function?  Not that we can see any celestial bodies right now with the pouring rain.  And that won't really help with the year.  Do the quests expire?))Check if the suit has a timer function

((No expiration date. You get all the time in this feeble life.))

Paphi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 16, 2015, 06:10:33 pm »

((I was just wondering. I figured introductions may be needed soon, especially if we can establish contact with other survivors.))

"I'm working on it. See if you can find a toolkit. We might need to get into this thing's guts. I know I want to. Eh, Cueball, by the way."

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 16, 2015, 08:44:50 pm »

((assumes that the puddles are egg like only widthwise and not heightwise. I don't imagine that they are swelling. I mean are they?))

I guess the doctor isn't around. Time for some amateur patch work. Nyar appropriates a portion of the bandages (aggressively if necessary) and begins to look for disinfectant, if succeeds then applies and patches up arm.

Nyar after glancing at the work of his fellow crashmates, sits down in the ship to enjoy some momentary rest on his new alien wasteland home. "So there was no pilot? They just shoot as like a cannon ball into the planet? Were we even supposed to survive? Perhaps they were lucky that we survived... Or perhaps unlucky." I mean, there are a reasonably large amount of people that want me killed.

Nyar spends his time sitting, examining the interior of the ship to find clues as to why the inside of the ship is blackened, or anything other that might have been overlooked. Hm... It would be quite interesting if they were trying to kill us. Hopefully they'll come and try to finish us off. I'd like a chance to punch up the people who put me under.

Upon hearing Nole's request, Nyar does another quick scan of the interior for a container. Explosives? Sounds interesting.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2015, 09:41:38 pm by WunderKatze »
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 16, 2015, 09:42:45 pm »

((assumes that the puddles are egg like only widthwise and not heightwise. I don't imagine that they are swelling. I mean are they?))

They get wider, but very slowly. The water doesn't seem to be draining as fast as it's coming in.

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 16, 2015, 09:47:50 pm »

Nyar overhears his talking crashmates. Cueball?

"Cueball? That's dweebish." Nyar observes 'cueball' closer. "It's fitting, I guess."
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 16, 2015, 09:51:31 pm »

They get wider, but very slowly. The water doesn't seem to be draining as fast as it's coming in.

"Hey assholes, we might have a problem if it doesn't stop raining." Looks around to see if the plant life has grown in a way to suggest that the water level might raise considerably. Waist high Flooding? Sounds cool. Now all we need is flying insects that breath fire.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 17, 2015, 12:57:24 am »

"Hey, guys. Found somethin' you might want.

Keep 10 medical gels and 20 bandages, distribute the rest evenly among the humans.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 17, 2015, 02:49:56 pm »

((Waiting on DigitalDemon and Megggas))

"Hey assholes, we might have a problem if it doesn't stop raining." Looks around to see if the plant life has grown in a way to suggest that the water level might raise considerably. Waist high Flooding? Sounds cool. Now all we need is flying insects that breath fire.

There... there is no plant life. At least nothing immediately recognizable. Despite landing on a world with water, rain, and a non-acidic/otherwise-death-inducing atmosphere, you seem to have discovered a plain where nothing is able to grow, despite all conditions suggesting it would be possible.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2015, 02:55:12 pm by _DivideByZero_ »

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 17, 2015, 03:13:27 pm »

Cabin-Boy leaves the deranged man and wanders outside his box. He wanders off towards the ship, and finds whoever's outside. Nyar, I think?
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

Paphi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 17, 2015, 03:53:14 pm »

"No, this isn't how touchdown was planned, but when has anything gone as planned? We're alive now, make the best of it. And put on your suit, you're gonna suffocate otherwise, what with that wound and all yer whinin'. The suit can handle a little water, at worst we'll have to trudge through mud. Hope you can handle it better than a wittle scwape," he mocked. Cueball was not impressed with the skinny kid.

"Android! Come help me work this, we need to make contact."

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 17, 2015, 04:27:40 pm »

Nyar sees Cabin-Boy for the first time. What the hell is this thing?

"So, you part of a circus or something?" Hope it can make a good sandwich.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 47