Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 47

Author Topic: Blind Fate - Turn 42 (Updated 2/24)  (Read 46223 times)

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
Re: Blind Fate - Sci Fi Colonization/Survival/Exploration - Turn 2
« Reply #60 on: September 17, 2015, 04:39:15 pm »

"So, how would you know how it was planned? You were in a pod as well."

This guy IS a dweep. Nyar puts on his suit. "Great now I look like an asshole and now we all look like assholes, fantastic."

"You know I hope we have better shelter plans than a ship that's about to be floo--" Nyar is interrupted by sudden and violent chest pain.

Holy shit I'm hungry. Turns toward Cabin-Boy. "So, tell me, you make sandwiches right?"
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 17, 2015, 05:01:16 pm »

((Whoops I accidentally invented plot, is ok if I'm hungry? Or should I edit.))
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 17, 2015, 05:04:45 pm »

You can choose to be hungry if you wish.
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Paphi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 17, 2015, 05:07:08 pm »

Cueball stared at the kid for a minute. "We were born on a spaceship going through space for the sole purpose of getting here alive. We're here, and we ain't dead.

I bet you were in stasis for a long time, huh? I understand they kept the useless ones frozen for most of the trip,"
he finished, hostility replacing mockery in short order.

((This is all general knowledge I'm spouting, right? I'd like to think Cueball's been around long enough to know a few things.))

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 17, 2015, 05:18:26 pm »

((Yes, you know. That's why it's in the OP ;) ))

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 17, 2015, 05:25:45 pm »

"Well, there was also a time where they kept the useless ones in concentration camps. I guess I should be relieved that you're not wearing a red arm band."

Well, I'm thinking it's time for a walk.

((I'll queue an action for next turn)) Goes for a walk west of the ship.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

Slayer1557

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 17, 2015, 05:39:20 pm »

Nole wasn't about to break up the fight, but he had to get his 2 cents in, even if it turned their ire towards him.  A bad habit perhaps.  "We all learned at least the basics in school.  In case we woke up on landing day.  Wish I paid attention a little more... I'm not sure on the specifics, but our landing does seem a little unusual.  I feel like we would have tried to land in better conditions than this.  The storm is making communications difficult, and getting in contact with the others is a high priority."

When Mark comes around with medical supplies he takes 2 gels, 15 bandages.  "Thanks."  Stash in hammer space.

Paphi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 17, 2015, 05:54:20 pm »

"The difference here being we just crashed on an alien planet. Breathe some O2 for a bit, son, and let's calm down. Let us know if you find anything interesting," he finished. Maybe he was a bit hard on the kid, he thought; he did seem pretty green.

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 17, 2015, 06:24:11 pm »

In fact, you notice some of the puddles lying around aren't puddles! They're raised off the ground a bit, and slightly darker than regular water. Probably some kind of slimy crafting resource, given the nature of the campaign.

Try to collect the slimy puddles.  If successful, try to craft something with them.
Due to Real Life reasons, I have to disappear for awhile.  Take me out of all games that I'm participating in.  Sorry.

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 17, 2015, 11:55:16 pm »

Nyar sees Cabin-Boy for the first time. What the hell is this thing?

"So, you part of a circus or something?" Hope it can make a good sandwich.
"No sir! My name is C-A-B-i-N B-O-Y, but you can just call me Cabin-Boy. I'm one of the many sapient A.I.s sent with you to help you in colonizing this planet!"

"So, how would you know how it was planned? You were in a pod as well."

This guy IS a dweep. Nyar puts on his suit. "Great now I look like an asshole and now we all look like assholes, fantastic."

"You know I hope we have better shelter plans than a ship that's about to be floo--" Nyar is interrupted by sudden and violent chest pain.

Holy shit I'm hungry. Turns toward Cabin-Boy. "So, tell me, you make sandwiches right?"
"Nooot quite. I'm more of a maintenance A.I., and I'm also here for morale! I do know recipes for sandwiches though, and I do have a knife hand-attachment."

"No, this isn't how touchdown was planned, but when has anything gone as planned? We're alive now, make the best of it. And put on your suit, you're gonna suffocate otherwise, what with that wound and all yer whinin'. The suit can handle a little water, at worst we'll have to trudge through mud. Hope you can handle it better than a wittle scwape," he mocked. Cueball was not impressed with the skinny kid.

"Android! Come help me work this, we need to make contact."
Cabin-Boy rushes over, saluting to Cueball. "Yessir! What exactly do you want help with?"
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

Paphi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 18, 2015, 12:33:52 am »

"I'll work the comms if you can get into this thing's brain. See if there's a black box, run a diagnostic... I dunno, robot stuff? Or, actually," noticing Arthur wander off, "Make sure that dingus outside doesn't get lost and die, or drown. Bring him a suit, and take dead Joe's for yourself. I'm going to set up a transponder at 500 hertz. Any input?"

Also do that last bit.

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 18, 2015, 01:17:48 am »

"I'll work the comms if you can get into this thing's brain. See if there's a black box, run a diagnostic... I dunno, robot stuff? Or, actually," noticing Arthur wander off, "Make sure that dingus outside doesn't get lost and die, or drown. Bring him a suit, and take dead Joe's for yourself. I'm going to set up a transponder at 500 hertz. Any input?"

Also do that last bit.
"Okeydokey sir! I'll do my best!" Find a black box in the slightly wrecked ship, and then follow Arthur with a suit. Put it on him if he is hesitant.
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Turn 3
« Reply #72 on: September 18, 2015, 03:46:34 am »

1601 GREENHEART TIME, MAY 21st, 301 P.L
ERROR: FAILED TO CONNECT TO INTERNET TIME SERVER.

Arthur Staunch (Megggas):
You make your way out into the rain, but your jumpsuit doesn't incur any wetness. You walk over to one of the smaller puddles ((to the "west", for further reference)) and try to pick up the slimy stuff in your hands.

[2] It's not slime. You realize it's actually a gigantic leathery heart-shaped thing. It plays an animation when you touch it, wiggling around a bit.
You didn't see it before because of the poor visibility, but there is a trail of greenish slime leading outward from the puddle. It goes off into the distance. ((further to the "west"))

The NPC guy walks up to you bringing a suit.
Spoiler: Status,Traits,Invntory (click to show/hide)
Mark Johns'son (Pencil_Art):
You distribute the bandages among the humans in the party, excluding the robot boy for obvious reasons.
There is a rack of suits inside the shuttle, you take note. The others appear to be serarching the shuttle for any clues or useful tools.

Although it might be helpful to explore the surroundings and try to pinpoint just where you are located. There is already a large puddle in a certain direction that is immediately visible, although that's hardly a landmark to last.
Perhaps splitting up would cover more ground.
Cueball (Paphi):
Tuning it yourself, you drown out most of the static, but hear nothing more but the same incomprehensible speech. It's a different language entirely, one that you don't recognize from ship life.
The next response takes quite a bit of time. You do hear a few "Umm's" and "Hmm's," so despite the language barrier you definitely share some mannerisms.

After some time, an accented voice comes on over the mic.
You speak English, yes? We have ambulance in three klicks. Share your position in magnetic.
Nyar Donovon (WunderKatze):
[5 - New miniquest] Disinfectant appears hard to come by. However, if your knowledge of medical stasis is anything to go by, a person in stasis has a disabled immune system, and therefore can't fight off infections.
Do you know what that means? The stasis pod has to fight off potential hazards on its own! You return to your pod in the rain (washing out the wound as you go) and take shelter under the hood, before dipping your arm in the oxygel. It stings--a good sign.
The bandages are otherwise easy to apply and the wound is soon patched up. You take a few extra bandages just because you might need them more.

[Investigate burns: 4] The scorch marks seem to emanate as streaks from the tears in the hull. The shuttle was ripped in half from one side, putting a large crack in the side stretching just inches away from the pilot's cabin all the way out to the cargo door, which was torn off.
There are no signs of shrapnel from an explosion or anything like that. You can tell. You are a reliable source on these sorts of matters.

[3] You do find a container labelled PROSPECTING... but it's empty...
Nole (Slayer1557):
You store the bandages and gels in your new suit's hermetic utility pocket.

The tubes are each about a meter long and 13 kg each. [3] Your search under the pilot's seat yields a spare gadget--a handheld probe designed to test soil for pH and important minerals.

The explosives in the canopy are hidden under some shock-absorbent rubber. With CAB-iN-Boy's assistance you are able to rip it off and procure six small charges, as well as associated wiring.

Your suit indeed can set a timer! The controls require that you tap the chin, using your eyes to move the cursor.
CAB-iN-Boy 1000 (DigitalDemon):
[5 - New miniquest] You open up the dashboard and find a little black chip. Not exactly a box, but it's data nonetheless. You plug it into the ship's computer, bringing up a list of events:
0040:33, MAY 20st, 301 P.L: Cargo loaded -- eight pods, one large crate, one medical crate, one set of prospecting tools
0153:52, MAY 20st, 301 P.L: Emergency launch engaged
0205:24, MAY 20st, 301 P.L: Impact, setting altitude: 0m
0205:24, MAY 20st, 301 P.L: Hull integrity lost
0205:53, MAY 20st, 301 P.L: Impact at altitude -34m
0205:57, MAY 20st, 301 P.L: Vehicle is stationary
1400:21, MAY 21st, 301 P.L: Received warning from pod 0: Low power
...5 more
1559:40, MAY 21st, 301 P.L: Low power. Awakening pod 0
...5 more
1559:01, MAY 21st, 301 P.L: Pods opened. Unlocking Cabinboy awareness.

Leaving the interpretation to the humans, you grab a suit and bring it out to the strange guy who confronted you earlier. He seems to be dipping his hand in a puddle.
Before you can try to put it on him, you notice that there's something in the puddle. It's a giant fish! Or a ray... it looks kind of like one. But without a tail.

« Last Edit: September 18, 2015, 02:49:51 pm by _DivideByZero_ »

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Blind Fate - Sci Fi Colonization/Survival/Exploration - Turn 3
« Reply #73 on: September 18, 2015, 04:11:56 am »

Mark looks at the ship, and walks over to it, donning one of the orange suits as he gets there. Pondering what to do, he walks around the ship, and sees how the ship landed. If the ship scraped along the surface a good way, than he sees if he can see any other loot resources that may have been broken off earlier on.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Blind Fate - Sci Fi Colonization/Survival/Exploration - Turn 3
« Reply #74 on: September 18, 2015, 04:18:20 am »

Mark looks at the ship, and walks over to it, donning one of the orange suits as he gets there. Pondering what to do, he walks around the ship, and sees how the ship landed. If the ship scraped along the surface a good way, than he sees if he can see any other loot resources that may have been broken off earlier on.

The ship sits in a sort of depression, although it's unclear if it sunk over time or if the ship survived an impact that left a crater. You do know that none of the stasis pod parachutes engaged, and all of them fell out of the ship at some point and stuck into the ground at various angles. The pods are all several meters from the ship.

What's clear is that the shuttle did not scrape over the surface much at all. It came at a steep angle.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 47