Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47

Author Topic: Blind Fate - Turn 42 (Updated 2/24)  (Read 46185 times)

Slayer1557

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Blind Fate - Turn 40 (Updated 2/8)
« Reply #675 on: February 13, 2016, 07:14:27 pm »

"You don't have to ask me if you want one.  With the situation as crazy as it is, I don't blame you in the least.  Just be careful with it.  If one misfired before, I have my doubts about their reliability."  He takes the remaining gun that didn't seem to misfire and splits any salvagable ammo with Night.  (There is ammo, right?)

"Best I can tell the misfire set off the fuel tank.  But I'm not sure about this mark on the radiator.  Some kind of incendiary round maybe?  They didn't die in here, so they must have already been stopped.  Maybe they had time to get out or were out in the first place, although that was a really unfortunate misfire if that's the case.  I can't but help feel Mark still had a part in all of this.  Oh well.  Let's get out of here.  We're just going to have to assume Mark's dead or missing.  Without the suit to track him even if he is alive it's pretty hopeless."

If there is more than a few bullets, he will load just one bullet and test fires it outside the tank, away into some dirt.  Just to verify the gun is working halfway decent.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
Re: Blind Fate - Turn 41 (Updated 2/14)
« Reply #676 on: February 14, 2016, 11:29:07 pm »

2100 GREENHEART TIME, MAY 21st, 301 P.L
ERROR: FAILED TO CONNECT TO INTERNET TIME SERVER.

Ciri (Twinwolf):

"So, the wet one can wait until there's someone else with a suit- don't want you getting sick or something- so, burning smell or light?"

"Oh, I got no problem with that," says Graves, shivering in the cool cave air.
"But yeah, that light seems suspicious. We should move in. The other shuttle said they had a spotlight."

Graves walks forward.

[6] Suddenly, French shouting. Graves rushes back.

"...they also said they got ambushed by the French! We need to get away, there's like twelve of them!"

Renouille A41 Cruise Gun
Current Armor: +3 (Armored with Hull Plating)
Has a powerful drivetrain (evasion penalties due to armor are halved)
Current weapon: Turretless 76mm G3 Weapon (Accuracy: 4far/3mid/1close)
Ammunition:
10x High Explosive (Power: 3) (Can hit multiple infantry)
22x High Velocity (Power: 4)

Assault Gun Projects:
Advanced radio: Replace the ancient radio design with a modern transmitter (requires electronic parts)
Layered Armor: A piece of extra metal plating gives +1 defense to one side of the vehicle (front, back, either side). Hull plating adds +2. Both subtract -1 Evasion from the vehicle.
Alloy Armor: You can give +1 armor on one side of either vehicle by replacing a Metal Plating from the vehicle with a Hull Plating from the destroyed shuttle.
Improved Steering: Adds +1 Evasion to the vehicle, can fire while moving
Turret: Allows the vehicle to rotate its gun more than a few degrees. (requires a full redesign)

Base Status

Cargo Sled: Requires about 4 units of metal plating.
Jail: Requires some kind of lock, and 1 unit of metal plating per side.
Upgrade a Vehicle: You can give +1 armor on one side of either vehicle by replacing a Metal Plating from the vehicle with a Hull Plating from the destroyed shuttle.

The shuttle can be salvaged for: 4 Hull Plating from the cockpit, 8 Hull Plating from the body (can trim 2 more)
The Armored car can be salvaged for: 6 Metal Plating, 4 Hull Plating
The Assault Gun can be salvaged for: 8 Metal Plating, 4 Hull Plating

The Thermal Lance can be used to cut metal plating and hull plating
You find one welding/cutting kit in the Assault Gun

You have 0 Hull Plating
You have 0 Metal Plating

You have a cargo sled which can easily transport cargo by hand

Nole (Slayer1557):

"You don't have to ask me if you want one.  With the situation as crazy as it is, I don't blame you in the least.  Just be careful with it.  If one misfired before, I have my doubts about their reliability."  He takes the remaining gun that didn't seem to misfire and splits any salvagable ammo with Night.  (There is ammo, right?)

"Best I can tell the misfire set off the fuel tank.  But I'm not sure about this mark on the radiator.  Some kind of incendiary round maybe?  They didn't die in here, so they must have already been stopped.  Maybe they had time to get out or were out in the first place, although that was a really unfortunate misfire if that's the case.  I can't but help feel Mark still had a part in all of this.  Oh well.  Let's get out of here.  We're just going to have to assume Mark's dead or missing.  Without the suit to track him even if he is alive it's pretty hopeless."

If there is more than a few bullets, he will load just one bullet and test fires it outside the tank, away into some dirt.  Just to verify the gun is working halfway decent.

"Gunpowder ignites when heated. You can't really hold it against the poor thing."
He takes one out of the weapon box and holds it under her arm.

"But the fuel tanks are outside, and the inside is armored. What I think..."
She rips a rag off of a dead soldier's uniform, sticking one of her boots up against the body to help her pull. Then, she takes out her oxygen tank.
"Is that someone made a weapon like this. You put a rag inside a bottle of oil on something, then you light it and throw it. If it breaks on top of the tank, it'll set fire to the engine and force the crew to get out."

She looks up outside.

"Those people inside though, they all died of heat except the guy who killed himself. That means..."
She holds up a finger.
"Mark must have come across them already dead! If he was trying to kill them, he would have brutalized them to death instead of letting them crawl around, wouldn't he? That means someone else did it."

"And that explains the bandage! He tried to help them! Maybe he got chased off or something. Maybe by those French dudes."

The gun fires as you'd expect it. Its rather loud, though, even wearing your suit it hurts your ears.

You have 10 red fish, 1 cooked
You have 6 green fish, 0.8 cooked
You have .9 cooked sand slug

Nigel J. William  (AbstractTraitorHero):

Make sure if i go flying out to curl up like a banana it shoukd greatly decrease injury also brace and keep steady try to use that cord thing i have as an improvised seatbelt.
((The curl up like a banana thing is actually a real life thing and helps decrease injury to the body from falls and ussaly stops injury all together))

((Cord thing?))

[6] You already have a seatbelt, but it doesn't seem to come loose anymore after that projectile came flying through the vehicle and punched through.

You saw a muzzle flash through the size viewport, which is perfectly angled for someone your height to get a decent veiw of your vehicle's side. Really, the chance of this happening was small, but it works.

There seems to be an enemy vehicle shooting at you.

Weather: Cloudy (No bonuses or penalties to stealth)

Spoiler: Status,Traits,Invntory (click to show/hide)

Cueball (Paphi):

There's small pieces of metal lying around, pieces of debris and shrapnel, accompanied by a smell much like scorched metal.

[Observe: 4] You hear an explosion in the distance, coming from the opposite side of the armored car.
(6)[1] The Armored car shakes, and [5+3] some kind of shrapnel comes out the other side. A new crater forms a few hundred meters beyond the armored car, past yourself.

Armored Car
Current weapon: 60mm Mark III Gun (Accuracy: 4close/3mid/2far)
Ammunition:
4x High Explosive (Power: 3) (Can hit multiple infantry)
6x High Velocity (Power: 4)
2x HEAT (Power: 5)

S. D. "Smooth" McGroove (SaberToothTiger):

Hide and see whether am I followed.

Nope, nobody follows you. But you do hear some faint shouting from one dark passage to your left. You didn't see it before, but it's there. It sounds French.

Nyar Donovon (WunderKatze):

That's more like it. Advance on the tower.

[4] You hike toward the great ancient tower, noting that these highlands above the desert have convenient archways you can cross without re-entering the clouds below. Huge, sprawling landmasses formed much like fungal caps reach over parts of the floodplain, casting shadows which block the rain from above. Speaking of which, it's still raining.
After some time, you start getting hungry. You have some fish and an oxygen mask, and you notice that the oxygen mask itself actually has some oxygel inside.

Above the floodplains, you see huge schools of the flying red fish, as well as larger, rarer swarms of predatory birds which occasionally chase the redfish swarms about.

But most promisingly, you find plantlife. The archways hold creeping vines which trail off the edge of the tower and spread black leaves, apparently doing what trees do to catch more light but without physically growing a trunk.
It may be poisonous, but there are berries along the vines, which seem rather meaty and smell like meat. The redfish sometimes graze through the vines below the arches, sweeping up berries as they go.

What Ciri found:
1x thermal lance (use for cutting through metal and drilling holes)
1x genetic sampler (use on wildlife to sequence their genes and compare them)
1x broken handheld microscope (casing is cracked, lenses are fine)
3x climbing gear (contains rapelling kit and insertable spikes)
1x handheld power saw (battery-powered cutting tool)
1x double battery charger
2x all purpose spade

What was taken from the Assault Gun:
>about thirty sandwiches
>6x binoculars
>6x knives
>soap
>water/drinks
>umbrellas
>wood planks
>lighters
>oil lamp
>adult magazines
>6x Revolvers

What was stockpiled beforehand:
>A fire extinguisher still inside its glass box, with a small window hammer buried in the sand nearby
>An advanced atmospheric analyzer capable of testing for particulates and biochemicals as well as gaseous composition
>A micro chainsaw meant for cutting fibers and soft materials like wood, bone, and cloth
>Three small spades with extensible handles, labelled 00, 01, and 07 respectively

>Parts from a Magnus hazardsuit dissected for parts (minus breathing kit, held by S.D.)
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: February 15, 2016, 01:10:19 am »

yell at them to stop
PLEASE STOP SHOOTING!!!!
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Paphi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: February 15, 2016, 01:29:32 am »

"Shit, shit, shit... Nigel! Calm! Can you drive this damn thing? Just, just go!"

Get the turret working, then fire! If Nigel can't drive, take the wheel.

Quote from: Radio
"We're under fire! Damn lucky the car didn't explode. I don't want to lead these bastards back to camp, but if that has to happen, be ready."

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: February 15, 2016, 01:39:12 am »

I LIVED IN SPACE AND WAS IN CRYO FOR PROBABLY YEARS OF COURSE NOT!
Nigel is clearly panicking!

Paphi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: February 15, 2016, 01:57:48 am »

The one time I wish Nyar was around...

Cueball slaps Nigel across the face. "Focus! I'll drive. Try and shoot back, and if you can't, get a white flag ready. Use those shells," pointing to the high velocity rounds.

"Keep your head and we'll be fine."

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: February 15, 2016, 02:06:23 am »

She rubs her cheek shocked
y-you slapped me

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: February 15, 2016, 04:34:09 am »

((Here's a map of the group's travels, by the way, in case anyone's confused. Let's get this game back on track.))

Spoiler: Click (click to show/hide)

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: February 15, 2016, 08:46:31 am »

((Assuming that he means they have to get out of there, now))
Ciri begins running for the rope.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: February 15, 2016, 08:49:12 am »

Nigel seens to shake out of her terror.
I yeah turrent
Open fire with turret try not to kill them try to  only disable.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: February 15, 2016, 09:44:10 am »

"Mon mon, Brie un Madamer!"
Deceive this frenchman with my exceptional language abilities. Then look at him from a hiding spot.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: February 16, 2016, 11:51:32 am »

Take shots at distant birds. Fung ku faster. Eat as I need to, starting with the fish, making sure to cook anything I eat and to start with tiny portions to avoid poisoning myself.
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

Slayer1557

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: February 23, 2016, 02:55:50 am »

Nole was a little surprised at Night's knowledge of these sorts of things.  "That sounds likely.  I wouldn't really have thought of a bomb like that.  I think we've got all we can from here.  We don't have any leads on Mark from here, so we best go back."
Quote from: To Cueball
"Nole here.  We will be returning to our shuttle.  If you find the time to swing North of there you can pick us up directly."

Head back South with Night

((And I suppose I fail the Quest for the Tank.  I couldn't really figure it out without Night's help))

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: February 24, 2016, 04:05:24 pm »

It's here.

2200 GREENHEART TIME, MAY 21st, 301 P.L
ERROR: FAILED TO CONNECT TO INTERNET TIME SERVER.

Ciri (Twinwolf):

You run up the rope, but the Frenchmen come after you and Graves. (3) One of them fires with an automatic weapon, hitting Graves once in the leg. But as he climbs up, he drops a submachinegun on the ground, which suddenly starts shooting as if someone pulled the trigger.

"These guns are terribly made... don't worry, I'm fine. Just climb."

Renouille A41 Cruise Gun
Has a powerful drivetrain (evasion penalties due to armor are halved)
Current weapon: Turretless 76mm G3 Weapon (Accuracy: 4far/3mid/1close)
Ammunition:
10x High Explosive (Power: 3) (Can hit multiple infantry)
22x High Velocity (Power: 4)

Assault Gun Projects:
Advanced radio: Replace the ancient radio design with a modern transmitter (requires electronic parts)
Layered Armor: A piece of extra metal plating gives +1 defense to one side of the vehicle (front, back, either side). Hull plating adds +2. Both subtract -1 Evasion from the vehicle.
Alloy Armor: You can give +1 armor on one side of either vehicle by replacing a Metal Plating from the vehicle with a Hull Plating from the destroyed shuttle.
Improved Steering: Adds +1 Evasion to the vehicle, can fire while moving
Turret: Allows the vehicle to rotate its gun more than a few degrees. (requires a full redesign)

Base Status

Cargo Sled: Requires about 4 units of metal plating.
Jail: Requires some kind of lock, and 1 unit of metal plating per side.
Upgrade a Vehicle: You can give +1 armor on one side of either vehicle by replacing a Metal Plating from the vehicle with a Hull Plating from the destroyed shuttle.

The shuttle can be salvaged for: 4 Hull Plating from the cockpit, 8 Hull Plating from the body (can trim 2 more)
The Armored car can be salvaged for: 6 Metal Plating, 4 Hull Plating
The Assault Gun can be salvaged for: 8 Metal Plating, 4 Hull Plating

The Thermal Lance can be used to cut metal plating and hull plating
You find one welding/cutting kit in the Assault Gun

You have 0 Hull Plating
You have 0 Metal Plating

You have a cargo sled which can easily transport cargo by hand

Nole (Slayer1557):

"Oh there's a story I heard, apparently a historical one. There was an ancient country, called Fishland or something like that. There was an empire that tried to invade it, but the Fishlanders held off the tanks using vodka bottles filled with petrol."

You return to base, to find a hole with a rope in it, tied to the shuttle. It is taut, and there are people climbing out of it! It's Ciri and Graves. Apparently they're being chased, because you hear gunfire.

"Get a gun!" shouts Graves. "They're in the shuttle! Six revolvers! Two for me!"

You have 10 red fish, 1 cooked
You have 6 green fish, 0.8 cooked
You have .9 cooked sand slug

Nigel J. William  (AbstractTraitorHero):

You reload the gun as Cueball hits the gas pedal, knocking the battery off the chair but it remains connected to the turret motor. There's an HE round loaded in the chamber, so you have to reload the heavy shells one by one. This takes you about twelve seconds to figure out, so the enemy fires first. They miss horribly though, and a cloud of dust gives away their position so you can easily aim.

[5] You aim slightly above to account for bullet drop and slightly to the side to account for your car's movement. With that, you fire, and miraculously the shot seems to hit. (4) (Shot ignores armor due to 5)

There is a column of smoke and fire, and a single large jet from the open hatch is clearly visible, as are much smaller jets of flame emanating from the vehicle's viewports.

Weather: Cloudy (No bonuses or penalties to stealth)

Spoiler: Status,Traits,Invntory (click to show/hide)

Cueball (Paphi):

[3] There's actually a little fixed-cone coaxial MG mounted on the front. You notice it now, but it's not very helpful in the current situation. Maybe if you drove at the enemy vehicle.

Nigel fires, but through the viewslits you can hardly tell what's happening. (Enemy: 2-1 (Your driving gives -1 evasion)) All you know is that the next shot misses far and wide, and that the shots stop after that one.

Armored Car
Current weapon: 60mm Mark III Gun (Accuracy: 4close/3mid/2far)
Ammunition:
4x High Explosive (Power: 3) (Can hit multiple infantry)
5x High Velocity (Power: 4)
2x HEAT (Power: 5)

S. D. "Smooth" McGroove (SaberToothTiger):

You give away your presence. They don't seem to mind though, telling each other 'what a funny joke.' That means that there was already someone off in your location searching, that was French.

[4] A huge, sweaty French dude walks past you. His grunts are about the same pitch as your voice, and he seems rather confused. He wears a uniform labelled "l'force especiales" and has a submachinegun on his waist, although in truth it might be easier for you to grab it than for him to reach for it.
The other French wear similar uniforms, and in the corner of their little cabin you see a bunch of survivors (five) in hazardsuits sitting on the ground and tied. You also see a couple hazardsuits on the ground, as well as what looks to be a body face-down in the same jumpsuit as the one you are wearing. Ouch.

The French special forces are apparently moving out toward the entrance area in the cave, where the rope was. There are about twelve French, excluding the one in front of you. One of them starts shooting, and then something fires back, causing all the French to get on the ground.

(Kind of counts as getting ambushed? You got your miniquest.)

Nyar Donovon (WunderKatze):

[1+1] It's just like shooting birds in a... what the hell are you doing. There's no way your weapon can hit that.

[1] Ah, cooking. To start a fire, that's easy, just use a bullet to set off a spark and--
Apparently oxygel is highly explosive as well. Especially when you try to light it using an explosion, thus increasing the surface area. You don't have any oxygel left.

What Ciri found:
1x thermal lance (use for cutting through metal and drilling holes)
1x genetic sampler (use on wildlife to sequence their genes and compare them)
1x broken handheld microscope (casing is cracked, lenses are fine)
3x climbing gear (contains rapelling kit and insertable spikes)
1x handheld power saw (battery-powered cutting tool)
1x double battery charger
2x all purpose spade

What was taken from the Assault Gun:
>about thirty sandwiches
>6x binoculars
>6x knives
>soap
>water/drinks
>umbrellas
>wood planks
>lighters
>oil lamp
>adult magazines
>6x Revolvers

What was stockpiled beforehand:
>A fire extinguisher still inside its glass box, with a small window hammer buried in the sand nearby
>An advanced atmospheric analyzer capable of testing for particulates and biochemicals as well as gaseous composition
>A micro chainsaw meant for cutting fibers and soft materials like wood, bone, and cloth
>Three small spades with extensible handles, labelled 00, 01, and 07 respectively

>Parts from a Magnus hazardsuit dissected for parts (minus breathing kit, held by S.D.)

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Blind Fate - Turn 42 (Updated 2/24)
« Reply #689 on: February 24, 2016, 04:19:53 pm »

TAKE THAT! HAHAHA VICTORY!!!! I HIT EM!!!
GLOAT!!! IN TRIUMP!!!
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47