Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 47

Author Topic: Blind Fate - Turn 42 (Updated 2/24)  (Read 46227 times)

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Blind Fate - Sci Fi Colonization/Survival/Exploration
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2015, 02:56:27 am »

Char done. Is it okay?

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2015, 03:15:52 am »

I hope I may join this, it looks pretty rad.
Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)

Can I be a robot/part robot? If not, I shall redo my sheet.

The setting does have AI's, although they aren't quite as you might imagine. See the spoiler below (I will add it to the OP).

Stasis only works on humans, so your character would most likely have been stuck in a box instead.

Oh poor Cabin-Boy, stuck in a box for 300 years. All box and no play make Cabin-Boy go insane.
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2015, 03:20:13 am »

Only 200 more years, max. Only 200! Make use of them :D.

Paphi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2015, 07:07:59 am »

I bet Cueball would have fun tinkering with Cabin-Boy.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Think Mark and Bill are acquainted?

Slayer1557

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2015, 12:06:41 pm »

Name: Mark Johns'son
Why u do dis?   I was Mark first >.> Do you want there to be name confusion?  Ah, it'll be fine.  We'll just call you JOHN >:D

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2015, 01:33:06 pm »

I bet Cueball would have fun tinkering with Cabin-Boy.

Pencil_Art is in a different timezone than most of us (NZ, specifically). Just keep that in mind when you are expecting a response.

Working on a first post.
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2015, 03:13:11 pm »

Aaaaand the final six are:

Characters:
Mark Johns'son (Pencil_Art)
Arthur Staunch (Megggas)
Cueball (Paphi)
Nyar Donovon (WunderKatze)
Nole (Slayer1557)
CAB-iN-Boy 1000 (DigitalDemon)

(I chose based on characterization. Sorry Twinwolf, your character just had the least amount of attitude imo.)

Waitlist:
Ciri Alta (Twinwolf)

Everyone but CAB-iN-Boy 1000 (DigitalDemon):

You awaken from your slumber at last. Curiously, it feels as if no time had passed since you last slept. But as your vision clears and you start to see through the oxygenated fluid cradling your body, you see violet outside through the glass.
The pod itself contains a black-and-orange jumpsuit with a vacuum port to drain out the oxygenation fluid, as well as a mask which does the same, but also concurrently fills your lungs with pure oxygen. Generally you should be breathing that for a few minutes before switching to regular air.
The pod can be opened with a simple twist of an inner handle, although there is an outer handle as well for whomever woke you.

It looks like the handle won't be necessary, however. The fluid around you turns blood red under a blaring siren and the words "OPERATION MALFUNCTION" flash backwards on the translucent glass separating you from outside. You hear the hissing of pistons and mechanisms as the door releases and you slide out in a gelatinous heap, barely hanging on to your mask.

The landscape outside seems barren and alien. Soggy tan floodplains surround you, water trickling into puddles near where the pods landed and depressed the earth. Other pods--and other survivors, four including yourself flushed from their pods, surround you.

The sky is a deep violet, filled from above with swirling clouds. Your visibility is limited due to the heavy rain. Breathing an alien atmosphere might not be all too healthy either, so the oxygen masks will come in handy until you can find a suitable replacement.

The four pods surround the carcass of a landing shuttle which tore open on impact, releasing its precious cargo and scattering it across the near vicinity. There are also two pods still closed, plus one rather large box that looks like it could hold a pod.

CAB-iN-Boy 1000 (DigitalDemon):

You are stuck in a box.
In fact, you've been inside this box for what, over two hundred years now? Your mind, based on human neural architecture, does not easily register such lengths of time, so you've only your onboard clock to trust.

The box doesn't have any immediate handles inside, but it's only made of a weak plastic material.

Also, someone seems to have dropped the box, because your joints register minor damage consistent with blunt trauma. An ordinary human would have probably had a broken bone or two from the impact, but you're built to last!

Mark Johns'son (Pencil_Art):

Arthur Staunch (Megggas):

Cueball (Paphi):

Nyar Donovon (WunderKatze):

Nole (Slayer1557):

CAB-iN-Boy 1000 (DigitalDemon):

« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 08:25:20 pm by _DivideByZero_ »

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
Re: Blind Fate - Sci Fi Colonization/Survival/Exploration - Turn 0
« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2015, 03:14:31 pm »

((Waitlist is fine. Also, read my username again: there aren't any d's in it   :P))
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2015, 03:20:46 pm »

((Waitlist is fine. Also, read my username again: there aren't any d's in it   :P))

((Herp. Sorry!))

Paphi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2015, 03:56:25 pm »

Cueball shook off the grog that always came with waking up. He scanned the landscape, looking for anything that could serve as waypoints, before half-stumbling to one of the closed pods. With any luck it wouldn't be beyond salvage.

Slayer1557

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2015, 05:29:51 pm »

((I didn't mean that my character goes by Nole, that was just supposed to be pronunciation >.>  Ahhh fuck it!  (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)   Nole it is.

I'm assuming we are in the jumpsuits already?))

Nole picks himself slowly off the ground, wiping the goo from his face and hair.  It's alright when you are sleeping in it, just like blankets in a bed.  But leaving it is unpleasant, to say the least.  The rain helped clean himself off as he looked at the wreck.  'So we've landed...'  He thought blankly as he tried to take stock of the whole situation.

He coughed up oxygen fluid a bit, the mask pumping it out a hole in the side.  Thanking the powers that be for being alive, he briefly touches his heart then forehead in prayer.  Nole called out to the others he could see, "Everyone alright?"  He makes sure everyone seems fine, and then checks for salvage, starting with his own pod, before moving to the main wreck.

-Are there any immediate dangers we can see in the wreck?  Fire?  Open electric lines?
-Do we know how long the oxygen masks are supposed to last?  Is there an oxygen gauge on it?

((To be specific, he doesn't have any specific gods he prays to, he went to sleep before much of the churches formed, it's more like superstition than religion))
« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 05:31:43 pm by Slayer1557 »

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2015, 05:53:58 pm »

Nyar wakes, and raises his arms to observe the sticky gel fall off his arms in large globs. Disgusting.

Looking around Nyar stretches and yawns. I wonder how old I am now, like 400? I bet I old lived those bitches that put me in here.

Looks around, notices debris and destroyed equipment. Well, this is a nice change of scenery. Nyar smiles gleefully. Could use some more blood and screaming.

Observes surroundings for other people that have freed themselves or possibly useful items. I wonder how long this mask thing will last...

After previous actions, makes way to nearby pods and attempt to safely open them. Time to wake up assholes.
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2015, 07:20:27 pm »

((I didn't mean that my character goes by Nole, that was just supposed to be pronunciation >.>  Ahhh fuck it!  (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)   Nole it is.

I'm assuming we are in the jumpsuits already?))

((You can assume you put it on, yes. If you didn't plan to (for whatever reason) then I won't force you to.))

-Are there any immediate dangers we can see in the wreck?  Fire?  Open electric lines?
-Do we know how long the oxygen masks are supposed to last?  Is there an oxygen gauge on it?[/b]
((To be specific, he doesn't have any specific gods he prays to, he went to sleep before much of the churches formed, it's more like superstition than religion))

--The fire seems to be out, if there was one. There are scorch marks on the shuttle, obviously, because it entered the atmosphere from space. There are... sharp edges on the way in. No hollywood-style sparking, though. This shuttle was designed for safety.
--A few minutes. Before you are put into stasis you are instructed on how to get out of stasis. Put the mask on, first and foremost, then try to clear your throat. There is a pressure gauge--it will be useless once the pressure reaches atmospheric pressure, although you'll have to figure out the atmospheric pressure if you want to use that as a metric.

((Lemme do a little writeup for culture (and religion) on the ship since two people have mentioned it so far. I think it will be kind of important.))

Spoiler: The Hedonist Ages (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 07:32:08 pm by _DivideByZero_ »

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 15, 2015, 07:20:57 pm »

"Oh, wow.  I've never seen this place before.  Could it be?  Am I finally back where I belong?"
Look around for NPCs to give me a quest.  Try to open my menu screen.
Due to Real Life reasons, I have to disappear for awhile.  Take me out of all games that I'm participating in.  Sorry.

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 15, 2015, 08:20:49 pm »

Wowza, we must have landed! Either that, or my clocks busted and somebody dropped me. I should get out of here as quickly as I can. They might need my help!
Activate blowtorch hand mode, and blowtorch my way outta there.

Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 47