Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 47

Author Topic: Blind Fate - Turn 42 (Updated 2/24)  (Read 46198 times)

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
Re: Blind Fate - Turn 40 (Updated 1/26)
« Reply #645 on: January 29, 2016, 04:11:09 pm »

Is this some sort of evolutionary museum bullshit? Figures... Inspect statues/pyramid for buttons, doors. And scan the area that I crossed over to.
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

Paphi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: January 29, 2016, 06:21:51 pm »

"Uh, yup, good work, Nigel. You could make a good set of hands. Give that a minute to charge, come help me pull these pods out. Don't get in the water. Think you can drive this?"

Chain the pods to the car. Carefully.

Quote from: Radio
"Good, Nole. I'm retrieving a couple pods right now. We should be able to go by you on our next trip. In case you weren't aware, we've picked up another survivor. She should be a help. Keep me posted."

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: January 29, 2016, 06:25:37 pm »

Nigel walks over and begins helping pull the pod up.
Um no idea if i could drive I've never done it before i mainly know stuff concerning technolgy that was on the ship.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: January 31, 2016, 09:29:38 pm »

2100 GREENHEART TIME, MAY 21st, 301 P.L
ERROR: FAILED TO CONNECT TO INTERNET TIME SERVER.

Ciri (Twinwolf):

You heard a sound.

It sounded like a roar, but a very short one. It didn't seem too loud,

You think it might have come from the hole in the ground. The same hole you took the rope from.

((Moved the assault gun here because you're the only one at the base))

Renouille A41 Cruise Gun
Current Armor: +3 (Armored with Hull Plating)
Has a powerful drivetrain (evasion penalties due to armor are halved)
Current weapon: Turretless 76mm G3 Weapon (Accuracy: 4far/3mid/1close)
Ammunition:
10x High Explosive (Power: 3) (Can hit multiple infantry)
22x High Velocity (Power: 4)

Assault Gun Projects:
Advanced radio: Replace the ancient radio design with a modern transmitter (requires electronic parts)
Layered Armor: A piece of extra metal plating gives +1 defense to one side of the vehicle (front, back, either side). Hull plating adds +2. Both subtract -1 Evasion from the vehicle.
Alloy Armor: You can give +1 armor on one side of either vehicle by replacing a Metal Plating from the vehicle with a Hull Plating from the destroyed shuttle.
Improved Steering: Adds +1 Evasion to the vehicle, can fire while moving
Turret: Allows the vehicle to rotate its gun more than a few degrees. (requires a full redesign)

Base Status

Cargo Sled: Requires about 4 units of metal plating.
Jail: Requires some kind of lock, and 1 unit of metal plating per side.
Upgrade a Vehicle: You can give +1 armor on one side of either vehicle by replacing a Metal Plating from the vehicle with a Hull Plating from the destroyed shuttle.

The shuttle can be salvaged for: 4 Hull Plating from the cockpit, 8 Hull Plating from the body (can trim 2 more)
The Armored car can be salvaged for: 6 Metal Plating, 4 Hull Plating
The Assault Gun can be salvaged for: 8 Metal Plating, 4 Hull Plating

The Thermal Lance can be used to cut metal plating and hull plating
You find one welding/cutting kit in the Assault Gun

You have 0 Hull Plating
You have 0 Metal Plating

You have a cargo sled which can easily transport cargo by hand

Nole (Slayer1557):

Nole removes the body from the Magnus suit and examines it's injuries.  He checks the layout of the bodies.  Were they just crawling away from the wreck?  Or perhaps a more unusual direction?  What about the person who was shot?  Does it look like they were crawling when they were shot, or standing?  Does the suit have any data that Nole can download and reexamine?  Are the army uniforms similar to the Frenchies he met before?  Or another faction?

The uniforms have a vaguely camo pattern to them. They look like soldiers, not like the Frenchmen at all, whose outward appearances begat a sense of being some kind of crew, not meant for combat. Two of the bodies are oriented away from the tank, and one of these is not wearing a uniform like the others, but is still charred and burnt nonetheless. The next two are pointed toward nothing at all in particular, and seem to be more crippled rather than having crawled. The fifth body, the one with the gunshot to the temple, is on its back, feet pointed in the direction of the Magnus corpse. The Magnus corpse is parallel with the tank. You investigate the suit.

[6] The body isn't in the suit! Curious, you boot up the computer. It appears on your HUD:
Mark Johns'son - 1m

You have 10 red fish, 1 cooked
You have 6 green fish, 0.8 cooked
You have .9 cooked sand slug

Nigel J. William  (AbstractTraitorHero):

Nigel walks over and begins helping pull the pod up.
Um no idea if i could drive I've never done it before i mainly know stuff concerning technolgy that was on the ship.

[Assist + Strength: 4] One of the pods seems to be broken. With an accurate throw, you hook a length of chain to a bit of glass, helping to drag the pod back.

Weather: Cloudy (No bonuses or penalties to stealth)

Spoiler: Status,Traits,Invntory (click to show/hide)

Cueball (Paphi):

[Strength: 3+1] You hook up the non-broken pod by tying a cage of chains over it.
Some large purple fish brush by you under the water. They seem to like the oxygel. They are also huge, so it's a good thing they are friendly to you at the moment.

Armored Car
Current Armor: +3 (Armored with Hull Plating)
Current weapon: 60mm Mark III Gun (Accuracy: 4close/3mid/2far)
Ammunition:
4x High Explosive (Power: 3) (Can hit multiple infantry)
6x High Velocity (Power: 4)
2x HEAT (Power: 5)

S. D. "Smooth" McGroove (SaberToothTiger):

"What? No, you can't just... No, I won't--"
You shoot him.

[3] It is quite a long time before he falls over dead. You don't think you saw a bullet wound either. The helmet certainly didn't crack. But after a couple of seconds he finally collapses in the sand, by the fire, allowing you to search the camp.
[1+1] Any portable items of value has been either looted or destroyed, besides the dead cave snake and a pile of sticks. The computer still works though. Apparently this is shuttle G14, and there was a conversation between this shuttle and the Nole guy earlier. There is an unfinished text message saved as a draft: 'Avoid any soldiers if you find them. Don't trust them, they'll just betray you like they did to us.'

The sticks seem to be made of a white sort of wood, and are very roughly cut. They probably didn't come from the shuttle.

Nyar Donovon (WunderKatze):

[6] You take two steps forward.

Immediately the ground begins to shake. With a rumble from the cliffside, many tonnes of gravel and ash fall from three rectangular compartments etched into the rockwall.
This reveals nine statues, three in each compartment.

The first three statues consist of a man, a woman, and a horse, both humans wearing rags. The man wields a sickle, the woman holds a plowshare, and the horse wears a saddle.
The statues are clean, and made of a silvery metal polished to a shine, despite being buried in gravel.

The next statues are of a man, a woman, and a space probe. The man and woman both wear space-age uniforms and hold electronic devices. The space probe has a plaque, which reads: "Hermes, Messenger to Antila and Thule. "

The last three statues are of a human in a space-suit, a soldier with a rifle and helmet, and a three-meter long millipede-like creature wearing... a cloak. It has eight tentacles coming from a nexus below the head, each about an arm's length.

What Ciri found:
1x thermal lance (use for cutting through metal and drilling holes)
1x genetic sampler (use on wildlife to sequence their genes and compare them)
1x broken handheld microscope (casing is cracked, lenses are fine)
3x climbing gear (contains rapelling kit and insertable spikes)
1x handheld power saw (battery-powered cutting tool)
1x double battery charger
2x all purpose spade

What was taken from the Assault Gun:
>about thirty sandwiches
>6x binoculars
>6x knives
>soap
>water/drinks
>umbrellas
>wood planks
>lighters
>oil lamp
>adult magazines
>6x Revolvers

What was stockpiled beforehand:
>A fire extinguisher still inside its glass box, with a small window hammer buried in the sand nearby
>An advanced atmospheric analyzer capable of testing for particulates and biochemicals as well as gaseous composition
>A micro chainsaw meant for cutting fibers and soft materials like wood, bone, and cloth
>Three small spades with extensible handles, labelled 00, 01, and 07 respectively

>Parts from a Magnus hazardsuit dissected for parts (minus breathing kit, held by S.D.)
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: January 31, 2016, 09:39:09 pm »

I should probably... not check that out without backup.

Ciri messages everyone, reporting the noise, and tries to find a weapon- or at least something that could be used as a weapon- just in case.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: February 01, 2016, 12:38:51 pm »

So what, Is this place trying to tell me that the final stage of evolution is centipede people?

((Is the probe like the one Nyar saw earlier?))

Antila and Thule huh?

Tap on the statue. Then climb up the cliff side to get a look around.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2016, 12:46:26 pm by WunderKatze »
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: February 02, 2016, 01:27:59 am »

So what, Is this place trying to tell me that the final stage of evolution is centipede people?

Antila and Thule huh?

No, the probe looks to be a space probe. Looking closer, it seems the scale is off. The probe itself is actually very large, as you can tell by a miniature statue of a scientist with a clipboard at the base of the statue's support.

Slayer1557

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: February 02, 2016, 02:42:16 am »

Nole double checks that the corpse not in a uniform isn't Mark.  ((Never sure if it's something I need to check, or if it was assumed))

"Any thoughts, Night?  This is Mark's suit, at the very least.  Did he leave it?  Or perhaps was forced to?  I must be missing something.  These guys are soldiers, no doubt.  They probably came across Mark, and approached him cautiously.  Considering how war torn this place seems to be, they probably took him prisoner.  I doubt they would have been trying to help him.  So he managed to steal a gun, shot one of them, and then the tank.  But some things don't add up.  Again, why is he not in the suit.  Maybe he was told to take off the suit, and then he blew up the tank.  And there's this bandage.  Am I reading too much into it?  If there were other soldiers, why did they leave their dead, but their equipment is gone?"

He checks for tracks leading away from the tank.  Was there another vehicle?  Other people on foot?

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: February 02, 2016, 02:51:55 am »

Nole double checks that the corpse not in a uniform isn't Mark.  ((Never sure if it's something I need to check, or if it was assumed))

"Any thoughts, Night?  This is Mark's suit, at the very least.  Did he leave it?  Or perhaps was forced to?  I must be missing something.  These guys are soldiers, no doubt.  They probably came across Mark, and approached him cautiously.  Considering how war torn this place seems to be, they probably took him prisoner.  I doubt they would have been trying to help him.  So he managed to steal a gun, shot one of them, and then the tank.  But some things don't add up.  Again, why is he not in the suit.  Maybe he was told to take off the suit, and then he blew up the tank.  And there's this bandage.  Am I reading too much into it?  If there were other soldiers, why did they leave their dead, but their equipment is gone?"

He checks for tracks leading away from the tank.  Was there another vehicle?  Other people on foot?

[2] ...You never really got a good look at Mark's face. It would be pretty hard to tell.

The uniformless body isn't wearing clothes. Since the oxygel seemed to be flammable, it doesn't seem like a stretch to say the oxygel-soaked jumpsuits could have caught fire and burned off.

"I think he died," Night adds.
"Or, what if he found the tank burning, tried to help, got out of his suit for some reason, and caught fire himself? He could have been... not very smart. Maybe their equipment is in the tank."

The rain washes away most foot tracks. [3] You do find some foot tracks in the vehicle tracks the tank left behind, though. They match your suit!
« Last Edit: February 02, 2016, 02:58:49 am by _DivideByZero_ »

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: February 04, 2016, 02:18:35 am »

Antila and Thule huh?

[6] The statue tips 20 degrees. You idiot.

[3] Climbing the rock wall is tough, but it's not overhanging in this area so climbing it is certainly possible. With aching legs and fingertips bruised on the inside of your gloves, you make it to the top after some time.

And some time it was. You've climbed up above the clouds. Something tells you that your body should have given out by now, but you don't feel winded. And then you realize that your hazardsuit hasn't been regulating the oxygen amount in the air you breath, only filtering dust.
...That means you've been breathing a high-oxygen mixture this whole time. That seems to have had ramifications on your physical ability.

You reach the summit of a small mountain, above the violet clouds. You see up into space, into a purple sky mixed with haze. Only the brightest stars can be seen, but those than can be seen take on a ruby red color. It would be romantic for someone more emotional than you are.

In the distance you see clouds covering the floodplain and the regions around, as well as grand arches of rock spanning over the clouded valley. There are actually two cloud layers, for that matter, but the second one has holes through which you can see into it. You spot a gray tower, mostly obscured by an inconveniently-placed cloud, but the fact that it's a large structure is obvious enough. It looks to be several kilometers away, and at least a kilometers tall.

I should probably... not check that out without backup.

Ciri messages everyone, reporting the noise, and tries to find a weapon- or at least something that could be used as a weapon- just in case.

"Oh, you want a weapon? Here, take this one--"
He hands you an ornate revolver as well as ammo for it. The weapon uses a .308 caliber and holds seven rounds in the cylinder. The construction is fairly solid, but the Fleur-de-lis on the hammer suggests it was built by the French. The local French. Not the historical ones. Why are their genes different, but their (historical) culture the same, anyway?

Slayer1557

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: February 04, 2016, 03:57:09 am »

((Are the tracks leading towards or away from the tank?  Or am I being a dingus and they're literally MY tracks >.>))

"Oh, that's a good point, Night.  Some stuff might have survived the blast inside, even if the people didn't."  He searches the wreckage of the tank carefully, since it could still be dangerous.

"I didn't have a very high opinion of him, from what little I DID know of him, it's quite possible he was just a dingus and caused this.  But I'm not so sure.  I'd like to think he wouldn't have done this without good reason."

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: February 04, 2016, 04:09:07 am »

((Are the tracks leading towards or away from the tank?  Or am I being a dingus and they're literally MY tracks >.>))

"Oh, that's a good point, Night.  Some stuff might have survived the blast inside, even if the people didn't."  He searches the wreckage of the tank carefully, since it could still be dangerous.

"I didn't have a very high opinion of him, from what little I DID know of him, it's quite possible he was just a dingus and caused this.  But I'm not so sure.  I'd like to think he wouldn't have done this without good reason."

The tracks lead toward.

Paphi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: February 04, 2016, 02:24:39 pm »

((I'd swear I'd posted, sorry))

"Alright, that'll probably do it. Let's head out."

If both pods are chained to the car, go back to base with Nigel.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: February 04, 2016, 02:43:58 pm »

Nigel goes back to base with their companion
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: February 06, 2016, 03:36:58 am »

((Waiting on, uh, everyone else, really.))

Nigel goes back to base with their companion

((I'd swear I'd posted, sorry))

"Alright, that'll probably do it. Let's head out."

If both pods are chained to the car, go back to base with Nigel.

[6] You both drive back, hauling the pods over the ground. However, the pods were chained in such a way that there was a lot of friction with the ground, apparently, because one of the chains snaps and you leave it behind a few meters. That was strange.

Outside the vehicle there is a crater. There's a little bit of smoke coming from the center, although there's no remnants of the original crashed object to be seen.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2016, 03:39:55 am by _DivideByZero_ »
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 47