Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8

Author Topic: Roll to take the best vacation in the universe: episode 8: Tourism  (Read 14369 times)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile

The year is 2025. There has been a second ebola outbreak, a new cold war has broken out between China, Russia and the US and Firefly is still cancelled. On the bright side, you managed to get some time off from whatever you usually do and are about to go on a trip. Each one of you signed up for some kind of life insurance should the world end. Some of you knew eachother already, others are new. You didn't really read much of it, but it came 90% off and had a free vacation, so why not? You and the group of people you're going with have just joined up after checking in at the airport.

Spoiler: what is this (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: character sheet (click to show/hide)

I realize that you're not really getting much backstory. That's because the world of 2025 isn't much different from the world of today, and most of the fun in this one is going to be derived from being put in weird places. I hope.

Not first come first serve. 5 spots. 24 hours at the very least. Spoiler: we're going to space, baby!
« Last Edit: November 05, 2015, 06:25:58 pm by Pancaek »

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to take the best vacation in the universe
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2015, 01:25:43 pm »

-Playerlist-
Spoiler: yoink (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Sl4cker (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tomasque (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ozarck (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: normality (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: wipeout1024 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: conein (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 04, 2015, 05:09:36 pm by Pancaek »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to take the best vacation in the universe: RECRUITING
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2015, 02:57:49 pm »

I'm in. Just need to think of a character.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Edit:
Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 07:15:53 pm by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2015, 07:32:01 am »

Spoiler: byeah (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2015, 02:09:59 pm »

Applications aren't exactly pouring in, but that's to be expected. For anyone who is interested, the main inspirations for this are space dandy, with a dash of rick & morty and adventure time.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2015, 10:37:21 pm »

Name: Jeremiah Stuns
Appearance: A handsome, rebellious looking young man. Wears a t-shirt ("Rock-n-Roll is the new Science!") a pair of faded jeans and faux army boots.
Occupation: A rock-n-roll superstar (singing and playing instrument)
Backstory: Just like Justin Bieber, but actually cool.
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2015, 01:48:36 pm »

I'll give it one more day in case anyone else wants tos ign up, then we'll look into getting started regardless of how many players we've got.

tntey

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Fishbone for its ska
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2015, 01:51:14 pm »

Name: Max Payne
Appearance: Tall and thin with a brown survivalist beard. He is a carpenter by trade, and a gamer by nature. Wears a beanie to cover his long hair.
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

conein

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2015, 05:26:09 pm »

Yus.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2015, 05:37:57 pm »

Name:Alexander Del Morey
Appearance: Tall and lean but with well toned muscles. Moves lithely. Long straight nose, pointed chin, wideset eyes with thin blond eyebrow and short blond hair, usually spiked. Smallish ears with little earlobes. Light of complexion, but not 'pale'.
Occupation: Dancer. Ballet and Ballroom mostly, with a dash of Broadway.
Backstory: Raised by rather intense parents who pursued a dream of unparalleled success for their boy. Alexander feels secretly that he never measures up to his parents expectations and desires approval. Lately, his performance has suffered due to stress when his father took ill and his mother was unable to attend his latest shows. After a long talk with his manager and with the director of the show, he decided reluctantly to get away for a while.

pick me, pick me!

Normality

• Bay Watcher
  • Whats an Avatar?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2015, 04:30:21 am »

Name: Leroy Jenkins
Appearence: 5'11, quite skinny, wears glasses and still has slight acne and pale complexion, he wears a shirt and tie with smart trousers and with some wait, trainers? His hear is of medium length but is tidy.
Backstory: Zzzzzz'

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2015, 09:55:04 am »

All right, I'll go about choosing our players and getting the first turn up now. And with now I mean probably in a few hours. Stay tuned.

EDIT: Players will be Normality, Ozarck, Tomasque, Yoink and Sl4cker. The rest will go on the waitlist for now.

« Last Edit: September 16, 2015, 10:01:47 am by Pancaek »

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to take the best vacation in the universe: episode 1
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2015, 11:34:38 am »

-Episode 1: A hippy, a tourist, a rocker, a dancer and a nerd walk into a bar-

It is currently 9am on a rainy tuesday at JFK international airport. After the checking in and putting your luggage on the conveyor belt, the assembled people get split up into smaller groups. You get put into group C, with four other people. After a not completely agonizingly long shpiel from the saleswoman representing Safe.Co (A safe haven for everyone), you get lead to a hall where you will have to wait until the plane arrives. It won't be here for another 30 minutes at least, so you make yourself comfortable in the weird looking sofas. Some artist clearly thought that sofas in the shape of comma's would be a wonderful thing, but they're not all that comfortable.

The hall has been catered by the Safe.Co (Affordable safety from the apocalypse), so there is a small cart with drinks and sandwiches for those who bought their plan. A small bookstand also has some leaflets, along with some cheap paperbacks for participants to take on the plane. Stuff like cheap ariport romance novels, dictionaries, bibles and a few weird titles. "Tea from unusual plants", "My time on a deserted island: a not completely made up tale", "500 shades of grey". Man, who chose these?

The saleswoman announces that your plane will be 30 minutes late due to a luggage mixup in another airport. What a drag.

Spoiler: GM note (click to show/hide)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2015, 12:13:57 pm »

Lucy, deciding she's had enough of these ridiculous couches, goes to take a look at the drinks cart without much enthusiasm.
"Man, they never have anything that isn't half-and-half sugar and death in these places," she mutters under her breath.

Go check out the drinks cart. Do they have any organic colas, fruit smoothies or green/herbal tea? Iced or hot, either works.

((Edit: coloured the dialogue.))
« Last Edit: September 16, 2015, 12:16:10 pm by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Normality

• Bay Watcher
  • Whats an Avatar?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2015, 12:19:01 pm »

Leroy sighs after hearing how long the flight will be, and heads over to the books available. "500 Shades of grey? Who'd want to look at paint colours? Is there any magazines? Gaming perhaps!" He says and his eues light up.

Search through all the books, to try and find a gaming magazine.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8