Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]

Author Topic: Roll to take the best vacation in the universe: episode 8: Tourism  (Read 14421 times)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to take the best vacation in the universe: episode 8: Tourism
« Reply #105 on: November 05, 2015, 06:25:38 pm »

The group decides to head towards the Eiffel tower, figuring that such a major former tourist attraction might have something of worth lying around. They make their way through the deserted streets, the sound of their little plastic luggage wheels making an enourmous racket compared to the quietness of the city.

After a long time walking between abandoned cars and feral pigeons, they come to the open park where the Eiffel tower stands. The paths are overgrown with weeds, but strangely the tower doesn't look in such a bad shape. The members of the group with the better eyesight are looking at a group of people standing in distance beneath the tower, when one of you hears a licking sound behind you. Turning around, you see a small kid standing behind you. or at least, you assume it's a kid. It comes about up to your waist, wearing blue shorts and a bright yellow shirt. It's skinn is made of bright red chitinous material and it has large, completely black eyes. No visible nose or ears. A tongue slips out from a mouth that's hidden behind two tiny mandibles, licking an ice cream cone that it holds with two of its 4 hands. You think hands, but they're more like 3 digit pincers, with an opposable pincer. You hear a high pitched screetch, and the kid responds in kind and hurries over to the group.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 05, 2015, 09:25:13 pm »

That wasn't a snow fairy ... Alexander sits rather heavily, preferably on something like a bench, but right there in the middle of the street will do.

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 07, 2015, 03:37:27 am »

Amina starts to slowly back away, screaming internally.
Ain't nobody got time for that.

conein

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 07, 2015, 01:03:11 pm »

"Hey, we gonna have to chop up those extra hands, otherwise it will be unfair."

use my survival knife to cut stuff!

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: November 07, 2015, 08:15:55 pm »

N-no ... we shouldn't do th-that! Alexander says, shocked. What kind of monster cuts off little kids' hands like that! Alexander stands and backs away from the apparent psychopath in the group's midst, pulling his luggage with him.

conein

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 09, 2015, 01:45:14 am »

"Does that thing look like a kid to you? Fine."
wait until the kid does something before attacking.

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: November 09, 2015, 02:55:45 am »

Amina is still backing away, and then hears the argument. "You know what? If you two are going to argue, I'm just gonna get some of the others, and I'm...I'm just gonna leave with them." Amina then puts her hands on her hips, to prove the point.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 09, 2015, 08:32:00 am »

Alexander looks stunned at first, then perplexed. You know ... I don't know. I mean it was wearing clothes ... a-and it was eating ice cream, or something like it ... and it was the size of a kid ... I don't know. b-but, you might not want to go charging into that group to get it anyway. some of those others are definitely not kids. he pauses for a long time, looking off toward the group of strange beings. I wonder if they know what happened out here ...

conein

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: November 09, 2015, 05:02:19 pm »

"Maybe we could try to talk to them? I don't know if yelling at them is a good idea."

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 09, 2015, 06:13:49 pm »

Amina raises her eyebrow at this, and frowns.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: November 16, 2015, 05:37:10 pm »

((It's been a while, huh? You can blame Fallout 4 for that. Goddamn, I've been having fun with that, at the expense of basically everything else.))

As the group is argueing about wether cutting off the small alien's hands is a good idea or not, the little guy scuttles back to the group. You can see him having an animated conversation, using his two free arms, with one of the larger aliens. The larger alien casually steps closer, holding out a device which looks like a small portable radio. As he comes closer to the group, you can see that he's wearing shorts, a hawaiian shirt and a large brimmed hat. He also seems to be of the same species as the small alien, but his carapace is a deeper shade of red and he has a great big bushy moustache, somehow.

He stops a few meters away from the group and holds out the small radio. He says something in weird clicks and tiny screeches. A few seconds after he's finished, a small blinking red light atop the radio turns green and a mechanical voice speaks out.

"Greetings. What tour group are you with? You seem lost."

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to take the best vacation in the universe: episode 5: luggage
« Reply #116 on: November 17, 2015, 08:54:25 am »

Nervously, Alexander steps forward a couple steps, wheeling his luggage behind him.
Hi ... Um ... Alexander fidgets nervously. We were with SafeCo, only, it's been a while. We know where we are Alexander gestures at the big pointy metal thingy towering above them all, But ... we kinda got here a little ... late? Alexander shrugs a little at this. I'm sorry, I have to ask. May I ask? What kind of being are you anyway?

Spoiler: inventory (click to show/hide)
[/quote]
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]