Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8

Author Topic: Roll to take the best vacation in the universe: episode 8: Tourism  (Read 14333 times)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to take the best vacation in the universe: episode 1
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2015, 12:52:07 pm »

-snip-
They do have some green tea. Sadly, it's one of those lipton bags. The little triangles.

-snip-
You find a gaming magazine tucked away near the back of the stand. It's mostly about the release of Fallout 5. Looks like they just axed skills and perks alltogether, now you don't even need to level up! And the guns aim themselves! All dialog options replaced by "Evil answer" and "Good answer"! 10/10 GOTY!

((I'll be doing these little updates if I happen to be online. Big updates will most often have a title and be, well, bigger.))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2015, 03:51:50 pm »

Alexander sighs, fishes through his luggage for a small yoga mat, and begins doing some limbering exercises to pass the time.

Does anyone have any music?

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2015, 03:57:05 pm »

Alexander sighs, fishes through his luggage for a small yoga mat, and begins doing some limbering exercises to pass the time.

"Well... my stuff's pretty good."

Nonchalantly hand him a iPod with some of my songs downloaded on it.
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2015, 04:00:08 pm »

"Well... my stuff's pretty good."

Nonchalantly hand him a iPod with some of my songs downloaded on it.
((Lets say that small stuff like this doesn't require an action, eh? It's just handing something over, so that falls under rp for as far as I'm concerned.))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2015, 04:07:26 pm »

Oh! Uh ... thanks. I was thinking more along the lines of classical or Jazz, but ... hmmm. Thank you very much. I'm Alexander.

Alexander takes the ipod, offers to shake hands with the young man with the rock and roll t-shirt, and, as unobtrusively as possible, cleans the earbuds before sticking them in his ears. He dials the volume low, sets the first song going, and slowly dials the volume up to a comfortable level.

After warming up, if there is an open area, Alexander begins running through some ballroom steps, set to the tempo of the music he is listening to. If space is limited, he remains on his yoga mat and does some standing dance moves instead, frowning in concentration.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2015, 06:48:44 pm »

Suddenly, struck by the act of Alexander trying to liven up a boring situation, Jeremiah is inspired to write a song based off what he is seeing.
Take out notepad and jot down lyrics.
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2015, 08:19:47 pm »

Lucy recoils from those cheap, nasty teabags and decides to turn her attention to the reading material instead.
She spots one of the others already there. "Hey, they got any Paulo Coelho in th-"
As she sees the magazine in his hands, she trails off. Yeah, probably not big on new age authors, this guy.
Better just take a look herself. She moves to the other end of the bookstand, running a finger along the spines of the books.

Take a look at the books/leaflets/magazines on offer.
See if they have any Paulo Coelho or any other wanky faux-spiritual stuff. Failing that, maybe a book on meditation or the properties of crystals, or some sort of magazine about eco-friendly lifestyles. Failing that, some poetry or a novel will have to do.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2015, 04:03:21 am »

Terrance calmly waits for the plane to arrive, while passing the time by reading a magazine he packed beforehand, trying very hard to get comfortable on his sofa, and quietly humming a cheerful little tune he just came up with. He doesn't know what the destination is, but hey, seeing things for the first time is half the fun, right?
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2015, 03:06:09 pm »

-Episode 2: Upgrade-

As lucy grabs a two magazines titled "living in caves: the eco friendly housing of tomorrow" and "Grass: the diet of tomorrow", Jeremiah and Alexander are being all musical a short distance away. Leroy and Terrance are both sitting int he awkward seats, reading.

After twenty or so minutes, the saleswoman approaches the group. She greets you cheerfully.

"Hey guys! Good news, the plane to Detroit will arrive in only ten minutes! Your vacation will be one week of touring the slums!" She takes out a few papers "But if you want, the company is willing to upgrade your travel plan to a one month tour of europe. All that's required is for you to participate in a small study. You will be placed in our next generation of life preserving pods. That way, we can get have a team scientists and medical professionals analyze the data for 24 hours to see how much they've improved over the previous generation. Then we fly you over to France where you'll wake up and your vacation can begin! You'll be asleep the entire time, so it will seem like you just wake up in France! What do you say?"
« Last Edit: September 18, 2015, 03:57:43 pm by Pancaek »

Normality

• Bay Watcher
  • Whats an Avatar?
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to take the best vacation in the universe: episode 2
« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2015, 04:05:32 pm »

"I say, why not? Anything is better tham the slums."

Agree to take part in the "survey"

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2015, 04:16:03 pm »

((how ubiquitous are life pods in this setting? I'd like to know how sketchy this sounds to my character before RPing my answer. I will, of course, be riding the rails either way. Walking away, while realistic when someone says "hey, want a trip to Europe? All you have to do is medical experimentation", is somehow simply absurd and out of the question in an rtd.))

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2015, 05:16:03 pm »

((Nobody has died in a life pod. It' something NASA started working on to make manned missions to mars more feasible. Then patents and copyrights got mixed up and the technology got made public. Now companies like Safe.Co have their own versions of the life pods that people can rent out. Outside of the armageddon shelter like Life.Co, it's mostly used in large hospitals if the patient needs to be kept on ice for an extended period until their surgery can go through or if they're waiting for an important organ.))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2015, 10:36:05 pm »

S-slums? D-detroit? What's going on? I'm confused! aren't life pods for, like, cancer patients or something?

Alexander's face darkens slightly as he remember's his father's condition.

Is it safe? What kind of pods are we talking about here? I don't want to wake up with a defective nervous system or something ...

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2015, 06:31:48 am »

S-slums? D-detroit? What's going on? I'm confused! aren't life pods for, like, cancer patients or something?

Alexander's face darkens slightly as he remember's his father's condition.

Is it safe? What kind of pods are we talking about here? I don't want to wake up with a defective nervous system or something ...
"Yes, your free suprise vacation is a one week citytrip to the slums of Detroit!" She says, ever chipper. "As for the pods, there is nothing to worry about. The pods have already been tested and approved by medical proffessionals around the world. We just want some more data on what the effects on a healthy body are. Cancer patients don't give us very relevant data for things like space travel, you see?"

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 19, 2015, 07:03:31 am »

Terrance shrugs and stands up. "Eh, why not? I haven't been to Detroit before, but a trip to France is always nice!"
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8