Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8

Author Topic: Roll to take the best vacation in the universe: episode 8: Tourism  (Read 14151 times)

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to take the best vacation in the universe: episode 4: EVA
« Reply #75 on: October 05, 2015, 05:35:00 am »

Terrance already has everything he needs on his person, so he doesn't mind.
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 05, 2015, 05:44:45 pm »

Why didn't they come for us? What happened? They should have come for us. What happened to everyone?

Spoiler: inventory (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 06, 2015, 03:41:39 pm by Ozarck »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 06, 2015, 04:01:26 am »

Lucy had been standing in silence for a long moment after the 'over 500 years' bombshell was dropped, one hand over her mouth in an inadvertently clichéd expression of surprise. As some guy began throwing what remained of her luggage around, however, she snapped back into action.

"Hey! Careful with that!"
She hurries over to rescue her 100% recycled satchel and her clothes, however they may be packed.
The satchel itself mostly contains a few esoteric books, a fairly average smartphone along with its charger cable, a pair of shoes, a pair of sunglasses, a small box of incense sticks, an (also made from recycled materials) toiletries bag containing a decent selection of hygiene products and (all organic) makeup, a small sketchbook and a box of herbal tea she'd hoped would make it through customs.

Go over and attempt to rescue my bags before this Alexander guy can throw them on the floor.
Check what stuff of mine is there- I only packed one bag, after all.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 06, 2015, 06:00:18 pm »

Get my luggage back.
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 07, 2015, 03:26:12 pm »

((If everyone could put their inventory in a spoiler at the end of their post, that would be great. Just like Ozarck did. As described below, you can pretty much choose what was in your carry on bag for starting inventory, though I will veto it if it seems out of place.))

-episode 5: luggage-

As Alexander throws everyones luggage around, much to the chagrin of several people, the spider bots quickly pick up the thrown luggage and drag it to their respective owners.

Amina looks around trying to find her things. She spots her roller bag, and starts to sift through it.
"Where's my stuff! Somebody, please help me find it!" Oh, this is a lot of wahala we are getting into..."
The little spider bot drags your leopard print roller bag towards you, with your ecru clasp purse ontop of it. Everything you packed is still there.

"huh, so what's going on over here? Who are these people? "

Alexander throws everyone's stuff away trying to find his own stuff.
You find your own luggage. You have the clothes you packed plus whatever small items could be in a carry on bag and would not be confiscated by the security at the airport.

"They are others who signed up for the same vacation contract 502 years ago."

Lucy had been standing in silence for a long moment after the 'over 500 years' bombshell was dropped, one hand over her mouth in an inadvertently clichéd expression of surprise. As some guy began throwing what remained of her luggage around, however, she snapped back into action.

"Hey! Careful with that!"
She hurries over to rescue her 100% recycled satchel and her clothes, however they may be packed.
The satchel itself mostly contains a few esoteric books, a fairly average smartphone along with its charger cable, a pair of shoes, a pair of sunglasses, a small box of incense sticks, an (also made from recycled materials) toiletries bag containing a decent selection of hygiene products and (all organic) makeup, a small sketchbook and a box of herbal tea she'd hoped would make it through customs.

Go over and attempt to rescue my bags before this Alexander guy can throw them on the floor.
Check what stuff of mine is there- I only packed one bag, after all.

A helpful little spider bot retrieves your bag and brings it over to you. All the stuff you mentioned made it in here

Get my luggage back.
You get your luggage back. As with the rest, it contains clothes plus whatever could fit in your carry on bag and wouldn't be confiscated by security at the airport.

Terrance already has everything he needs on his person, so he doesn't mind.
As everyone is frantically digging around their luggage, you just sit there with the ukelele on your lap. You're quickly establishing yourself as the mellow member of this group.

Why didn't they come for us? What happened? They should have come for us. What happened to everyone?

"The entrance to this facility got buried beneath rubble during the war. Once the war ended, the entrance was cleared of rubble, but nobody ever came to reclaim the facility. Either Safe.Co did not have records left of this facility, or they simly chose to ignore its existence. I do not know what happened between the first war and now, this facility is not connected to any outside networks for the purpose of secrecy. My recent expeditions have shown no other people in the immediate vicinity of the entrance, however, so I can only assume that the immediate surrounding area is safe enough for you to venture out. Which you would be wise to do, otherwise you will simply starve here. Please, do not panic."

((note that those three spiderbots are just controlled by EVA, they're not exactly following you yet.))
« Last Edit: October 07, 2015, 03:33:21 pm by Pancaek »

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to take the best vacation in the universe: episode 5: luggage
« Reply #80 on: October 08, 2015, 04:04:42 am »

"Will there be a tourist guide?" Terrance asks.

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

conein

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 08, 2015, 07:03:42 am »

"How the hell am I supposed not to panic in this situation girl?"

Alexander takes his fedora, cleans it a bit and carefully puts it on his head. Then he takes the other stuff.

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 08, 2015, 07:11:26 am »

"OH GOD! I MUST VLOG THIS!"
Amina gets her phone, and starts recording.
Ain't nobody got time for that.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 08, 2015, 07:12:50 am »

"The entrance to this facility got buried beneath rubble during the war. Once the war ended, the entrance was cleared of rubble, but nobody ever came to reclaim the facility. Either Safe.Co did not have records left of this facility, or they simly chose to ignore its existence. I do not know what happened between the first war and now, this facility is not connected to any outside networks for the purpose of secrecy. My recent expeditions have shown no other people in the immediate vicinity of the entrance, however, so I can only assume that the immediate surrounding area is safe enough for you to venture out. Which you would be wise to do, otherwise you will simply starve here. Please, do not panic."
What does it look like outside? Do you have anything ... like supplies or something, that we should take with us? Where will we go? You are just going t leave us to = to whatever is out there?Alexander speaks rapidly, eyes misting, and hands wringing the towel he carried out from the shower.

((note that those three spiderbots are just controlled by EVA, they're not exactly following you yet.))
Awwwwwww.....

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 08, 2015, 05:14:40 pm »

"Will there be a tourist guide?" Terrance asks.

"I am afraid not, unless you find someone to have survived 502 years."

"How the hell am I supposed not to panic in this situation girl?"

Alexander takes his fedora, cleans it a bit and carefully puts it on his head. Then he takes the other stuff.

You put the fedora on your head. Two of the spiderbots have turned around and stare at you with their red glowing eyes.

"I am not a girl, I am the caretaker of this facility. I do not know what panicking feels like or how to stop it, it is simply within my programming to ask you not to panic."

"OH GOD! I MUST VLOG THIS!"
Amina gets her phone, and starts recording.
You take out the phone and try to record. You start recording yourself and your surroundings. Hopefully there's somebody left to vlog this to.

What does it look like outside? Do you have anything ... like supplies or something, that we should take with us? Where will we go? You are just going t leave us to = to whatever is out there?Alexander speaks rapidly, eyes misting, and hands wringing the towel he carried out from the shower.

"Nature has started to reclaim the land, though nothing quite drastic. The surrounding area does not show many lifesigns, at least nothing that could be a danger to you. I am pleased to report that there are no dangerously high readings of radiotion, so nuclear armageddon did not take place.

I do not know where you should go. You cannot remain here, unless you wish to remain in eternal stasis. Otherwise this facility cannot sustain you. I have taken the liberty to scrounge up supplies that may be handy for humans in these kinds of conditions. They are in the crate by the door. I would suggest you find out where other humans went so you can join your kind.

The box contains two pistols, amunition, four survival knives, a crossbow, bolts, MRE's to last your group some time, rope, flashlights, and two company credit cards. In case you find an automated vendor system, I have put quite a bit of funds on those cards. Roughly one million dollars worth of local currency. Don't spend it all in one place.

I have also taken the liberty of including a document, to be given to the closest Safe.Co representative, to reimburse you for the 502 years of data collection."

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 08, 2015, 05:28:41 pm »

Alexander listens carefully, then hesitantly approaches the crate, pulls out the credit cards and puts them in his wallet, along with the letter to teh SafeCo guy, and then emptie's both his bags and begins placing food and one of the flashlights into one, while sorting his clothing and keeping the warmest and most durable in the other, leaving behind his fancier, more touristy outfits. After some consideration, he also takes one of the survival knives and puts it in the bag with the food and flashlight.

What's the weather like? I can't believe I am doing this. I can't believe this is happening. This must be some elaborate joke. DId I read all teh fine print? I wonder if jokes like this are covered in there ...

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 09, 2015, 10:51:23 am »

Jeremiah has no utilitarian clothing. He takes a survival knife, and a flashlight. From his luggage and personal possessions he also keeps his wallet, his music playing/recording device, his phone, and his shades. He really likes his shades.

The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 09, 2015, 05:33:01 pm »

Amina continues to record, and starts to detail how she got here.
"So, for anyone listening, we're apparently 502 years into the future, with this robot. Say hi to the cameras, everybody!"
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Ain't nobody got time for that.

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 09, 2015, 06:51:21 pm »

Terrance waves to the camera and smiles.

carrot cakeu

conein

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 10, 2015, 06:47:29 am »

"Knives, huh? I don't need anything else."
grab one of those survival knives. Then look at where the exit door is at.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8