Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8

Author Topic: Roll to take the best vacation in the universe: episode 8: Tourism  (Read 14437 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to take the best vacation in the universe: episode 5: luggage
« Reply #90 on: October 10, 2015, 12:16:58 pm »

If no one else takes the guns and ammo, Alexander will stuff them into his clothing bag as well.

Spoiler: inventory (click to show/hide)
[/quote]

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 12, 2015, 01:25:08 pm »

Lucy will firstly return to the bathroom and change into her own clothes, then claim one of those flashlights and a bit of the food if she can fit it into her bag. Other than that, she stays rather quiet and wide-eyed, clearly still in shock by these recent developments.

She is inwardly still berating herself for signing up for this in the first place...

((I will edit my inventory in later... falling asleep right now sorry.))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to take the best vacation in the universe: episode 6: elevator
« Reply #92 on: October 15, 2015, 03:53:34 pm »

Alexander listens carefully, then hesitantly approaches the crate, pulls out the credit cards and puts them in his wallet, along with the letter to teh SafeCo guy, and then emptie's both his bags and begins placing food and one of the flashlights into one, while sorting his clothing and keeping the warmest and most durable in the other, leaving behind his fancier, more touristy outfits. After some consideration, he also takes one of the survival knives and puts it in the bag with the food and flashlight.

What's the weather like? I can't believe I am doing this. I can't believe this is happening. This must be some elaborate joke. DId I read all teh fine print? I wonder if jokes like this are covered in there ...

"It is currently 13:27, the weather outside is a sunny with a slight wind. I would advise you pack a sweater. Jokes were not coevered by the fine print. please remain calm."

Amina continues to record, and starts to detail how she got here.
"So, for anyone listening, we're apparently 502 years into the future, with this robot. Say hi to the cameras, everybody!"
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

You start recording everything, sweeping across the room. Terrance waves at the camera as it pauses on him and so does the little spider bot behind him.
The rest of you do your things and grab your stuff.

You hear the heavy locks on the main door of the lobby you're in disengage. The doors automatically slide open, revealing a short, dimly lit hallway leading to an elevator and some doors.

"I have unlocked the doors to the stairwell and the elevator. Both should be fine, though I cannot 100% guarantee that the doors of the warehouse where they come out will be open. Once you have taken what supplies you want, I would advise you to go seek out where the rest of your kind has gone. You are free to linger here if you wish, of course, but the supplies I handed out were the only ones I have for the foreseeable future. I will send one of the spider bots with you, it can act as a guide in Paris, but they cannot go outside of its borders."

As if on cue, the elevator chimes and its doors open.

"Good luck, try not to panic."

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 15, 2015, 07:33:40 pm »

Alexander wheels his two bags over to the elevator, pauses hesitantly in before the doors, looks back uncertainly, then steps in and stands in a corner, pulling the bags close to to make room for the others.

[/quote]

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 16, 2015, 03:09:15 am »

Terrance walks into the elevator, ukulele strapped onto his back.
Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

conein

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 16, 2015, 08:30:48 am »

Alexander enters the elevator, taking a lot of space.

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 16, 2015, 08:36:23 am »

Amina stops recording, puts her phone back in her pocket, and gets into the elevator, bringing her purse, and roller bag with her.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2015, 08:38:14 am by wipeout1024 »
Ain't nobody got time for that.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to take the best vacation in the universe: episode 7: Paris
« Reply #97 on: October 23, 2015, 04:45:31 pm »

((I'm just going to assume all of you want to get into the elevator. If not, just put it in your next action. Also, I won't be following the actual lay-out of paris. Shit's complicated, yo.))

You squeeze into the elevator with your companions. The doors close silently and you can feel the lift gaining speed as it goes up. After a while you feel the elevaotr come to a stop and the doors slide open, revealing a rather unimpressive hallway. The spider bot leads the way, the only things to be heard are the little wheels of your luggage as you make your way through the building. Eventually, the spiderbot stops. You're in a loading area, where trucks would come to load and deliver cargo. The large metal gate is sealed shut and the panel next to it doesn't have any power, the touchscreen remaining black. This all might have been a problem if the wall to the right hadn't caved in. The spiderbot leads you through the caved in wall and outside.

You find yourselves outside in the Paris streets. You can see the Eiffel tower poking over the skyline in front of you. The street and the buildings don't look too well. There's weeds growing everywhere, windows are smashed in and some of the buildings are simply falling apart. You can't hear any of the sounds you expect in a city. It's all pretty quiet, with only the wind and a few birds to be heard.

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 23, 2015, 05:39:50 pm »

"Hm... Paris has changed a lot in half a millennium."
Terrance looks around for other people to meet and tell the group where to go, though he mostly stays near everyone else.
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 23, 2015, 09:17:24 pm »

So. Where should we go? This place sounds so ... empty. Oh God, if a city like this can be abandoned, is there anyone left at all? Alexander says as he looks around at the surrounding area and the street, trying to determine a good direction to go.

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 23, 2015, 09:21:16 pm »

Amina sticks with the group, and opens up her phone, to see if google maps or something still worked here.
"Well, I'm just going to check my phone, and pray to God and Jesus high above that this works."
Ain't nobody got time for that.

conein

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 25, 2015, 04:32:26 pm »

"Oi, this place looks empty and huge. We gotta leave right now "

try to determine the best road to leave.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 30, 2015, 05:51:30 pm »

Amina sticks with the group, and opens up her phone, to see if google maps or something still worked here.
"Well, I'm just going to check my phone, and pray to God and Jesus high above that this works."
So. Where should we go? This place sounds so ... empty. Oh God, if a city like this can be abandoned, is there anyone left at all? Alexander says as he looks around at the surrounding area and the street, trying to determine a good direction to go.

"Oi, this place looks empty and huge. We gotta leave right now "

try to determine the best road to leave.

"Hm... Paris has changed a lot in half a millennium."
Terrance looks around for other people to meet and tell the group where to go, though he mostly stays near everyone else.

The group splits up, everyone looking around for either people or the best road to follow, though always sticking close enough together to not get permanently seperated. Looking through the windows on the way, trying to spot some people, all you see are empty houses and deserted storefronts. The buildings are in fairly good shape around here, but obviously have been deserted for quite some time.

The team makes their way down the large street, between the abandoned cars. The only thing that can be heard is the wind and the annoying sound from the little plastic wheels on their suitcases. There are two roads which seem most likely to lead somewhere good. The road toward the Eiffel tower is large and leads to a big crossroads in the city, and at the very least there should be some tourist shops with maps and a nice view from the tower itself. They can also head into the city going the opposite way, through a smaller road leading to less touristy section of Paris.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 30, 2015, 06:20:10 pm »

Let's heads toward the tower, I guess. People like tall things, right? They might be there somewhere.

conein

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 01, 2015, 05:54:21 pm »

"I dont know man, don't think anyone's in there. But let's go for it, we might even find something actually useful."
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8