Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: [MODDING] ITEMS (CLOTHING/WEAPON/TOOL/ETC) QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 1417 times)

joostheger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] ITEMS (CLOTHING/WEAPON/TOOL/ETC) QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2023, 08:14:11 am »

If I lets creatures spawn an item with [PLACED_AS_BUILDING] (instrument), is it then placed as building?

Kat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2023, 06:43:37 am »

Say I want an ITEM_SHIELD, that has an ARMORLEVEL of 0, which normally makes it something that civilians would claim and use. And throw in METAL_ARMOR_LEVELS for it.

Would it result in being able to make leather shields that civilians would claim and use against tavern brawls, wild animals, etc. giving them that little extra bit of protection ?
Would even woodcutters and miners use it ?

Ulfarr

• Bay Watcher
  • Going on a pilgrimage to Mars
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2023, 09:03:43 am »

In theory it should work like that, but with the way the claimimg system works (supposedly through the hauling labors)  you might end up with civilians that hoard most/all the shields while others have none.

I guess your concern with the miners, hunters, woodcutters, answers why you don't just give them the shields through uniforms but in my opinion those labors already have better stuff to defend themselves with.
Bring Kobold Kamp to LNP! graphics compatibility fix.

So the conclusion I'm getting here is that we use QSPs because dwarves can't pilot submarines.

Kat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2023, 11:44:34 am »

Seems METAL_ARMOR_LEVELS doesn't function for shields.
And seems you can't specify materials in the ITEM_SHIELD category either.

ARMOURLEVEL 0 does seem to at least not throw errors in object testing arena. will need to generate a world to see what happens in forts.
Pages: 1 [2]