Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 25

Author Topic: Aira's Playing (Sprout: Bees, Farming, Magic, and Monks!)  (Read 43557 times)

Djohaal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Utter Insanitiy]
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
Re: Aira's Playing
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2015, 10:31:44 am »

I love minecraft with mom. It's just so awesome.
I really want that one as a "when". I want "grubs", and "virgin woman" to turn into a dragon. and monkey children to suddenly sprout wings. And I want the Dwarven Mutant Academy to only gain their powers upon reaching puberty. I also have a whole host of odd creatures that only make sense if I divide them into children and adults.

Also, tadpoles.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2015, 01:59:48 pm »

Aira does Mom's bidding, as she should.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2015, 12:58:48 am »

I'm glad people enjoy those. :) I was worried my mom would be angry that I was recording her, but when I finally showed her the videos (for Christmas last year - I watched her watching the videos over skype with the rest of my family there as well), she laughed until she cried. Now that she knows I'm recording everything, she loves to remind me that she is the star of the show. There will be more of them, I just have to find the time to sort through the many, many hours of footage that go into each episode. As we went on, our play sessions got longer, too, so one episode might be made of seven hours of play time. I'm thinking of splitting the next day into two episodes, actually. These ones do need to be kept short, because my mom is as busy as me and she won't have time to watch long ones.

EDIT: There's a new Minecraft with Mom!
https://youtu.be/V8Ai1bmDkJU
« Last Edit: September 21, 2015, 12:25:04 am by Sappho »

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2015, 02:56:56 pm »

I haven't had the time to make a new Blightfall video this week, but here's something simple for you all: Cook, Serve, Delicious!

https://youtu.be/l92JX_A2kas

Jar of Jam

• Bay Watcher
  • [ITEM_FOOD:ITEM_FOOD_JAM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2015, 03:08:34 am »

Ah, so that's what "Cook, Serve, Delicious!" is all about :)
Heard plenty about it, seen you play it but never knew the gameplay particulars.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2015, 03:30:14 am »

I've gotten much better at it now. Might do another video since I still probably won't have time for Blightfall for a while...

Are there any other games people would want a look at? Feel free to pick something from my ridiculously huge library: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198079017859/games/?tab=all

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2015, 03:34:05 am »

Ok only watched about a few seconds and thank goodness you have the voice for Letsplaying.

Clear and crisp and you have energy.

I am soo tired of muffled whispery voices that sound like the letsplayer is about to nod off. It makes me feel like I am stuck on the tour bus of letsplays.

Jar of Jam

• Bay Watcher
  • [ITEM_FOOD:ITEM_FOOD_JAM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2015, 12:10:48 pm »

How about some Eldritch or Papers, Please?

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2015, 04:28:48 pm »

Thanks, Neonivek! :D

I have never played either Eldritch or Papers, Please, though I've definitely been meaning to get around to the latter for a while now. I'm worried that maybe too many other people have already done LPs of it, though - would it not bore people? I mean, I think it's not really replayable, is it? Correct me if I'm wrong since, as I said, I've never played it.

Isn't Eldritch sort of a shooter? I'll probably be really, really horrible at that, but that doesn't mean it wouldn't be entertaining to watch. :D

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2015, 04:58:34 pm »

Eldrich I guess can be defined as a shooter. More of a first person platformer personally.

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2015, 10:11:36 pm »

Thanks, Neonivek! :D

I have never played either Eldritch or Papers, Please, though I've definitely been meaning to get around to the latter for a while now. I'm worried that maybe too many other people have already done LPs of it, though - would it not bore people? I mean, I think it's not really replayable, is it? Correct me if I'm wrong since, as I said, I've never played it.

Isn't Eldritch sort of a shooter? I'll probably be really, really horrible at that, but that doesn't mean it wouldn't be entertaining to watch. :D

Oh, if you haven't played Papers, Please, then please do a blind LP of it. It really messes with your mind and your morals. It's so much fun seeing people go through it!

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2015, 01:29:36 am »

Well it wouldn't really be blind. I already know what it's about and have seen snippets of people playing. I think the reason I've hesitated to play it is because I have personal experiences which are not too far off from what that game is about.

Spoiler: My Experience (click to show/hide)

So, tl;dr version, I don't think I really need to learn the lesson that Papers, Please teaches. I've already experienced some of it firsthand. The reason I want to play it is mostly to explore the game design more closely and just offer appreciation to the designer who made it. But I'm not sure if I want to do an LP, since it's an emotional topic for me... I'll think about it.

Doing NaNoWriMo is also sucking up a lot of my time now, of course. More than I have, really. But I'll try to get something up soon! I'll at least put up the next Cook, Serve, Delicious! video within the next couple of days, and I'll consider trying out Eldritch next. I do also plan to do One Finger Death Punch and maybe Cat Goes Fishing.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2015, 10:35:42 am »

Minecraft with mom is very relaxing.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2015, 01:02:35 pm »

Minecraft with Mom is indeed great.

Sappho, I'm really sorry to hear all of that. It sounds like a horrible experience :( I have lots of internet hugs available, if you care for them. I generally hate the US immigration system (I'm a resident alien here now), but I know of lots of problems with the European one too :( Now you've added yet another one to it :(

If it causes you emotional distress, then please don't play. For me the experience wasn't so much with immigration (even though I apparently get randomly selected at airports every time...), as it was with being placed on the other side of it. The TSA side, or the bureaucratic side, if you will. It was... very, very odd, being on the other side of the power dynamics, and I found myself becoming something I am not. Seeing people struggle with morality is what's generally fun, but only if they've been privileged enough not to have to have dealt with it in real life, in which case it can definitely get too real.

Keep doing amazing work, in Europe and on the internet, yes? I wouldn't worry so much with what people want, since that can create pressure and reduce enjoyment of producing content, and do instead whatever it is that YOU are excited about. We'll all just be glad to have more Aira Playing Games :)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 25