Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 25

Author Topic: Aira's Playing (Sprout: Bees, Farming, Magic, and Monks!)  (Read 43819 times)

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
Re: Aira's Playing
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2015, 03:54:56 pm »

Again, many thanks to all. :) You are all so sweet! And don't worry about me, I'm okay now, back home in Prague and settled in with a visa (though it is time to start gathering documents for a renewal, aaahhhhhhhh). I'm sure I'll play Papers, Please at some point, but if I do an LP it probably won't be blind, so I can make sure I like it and don't get all PTSD from it first. ;)

I'm processing the Cook, Serve, Delicious! part 2 right now, and I'll either upload it tonight or at work on Thursday. I'm hoping to sneak in another game this week too, maybe even Blightfall if NaNo doesn't suck up all my energy and time.

In any case, asking what people want is helpful for me because I have so many games, it's hard to choose which to go with. If others request something specific, that gives me some direction. :)

Big news, by the way: my mother has finally bought a proper computer. I'm hoping we'll find some time this weekend to start a new series together with a modpack that takes a beefier computer. No promises on exactly when it'll be ready, but there is definitely more MWM coming soon!!!

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2015, 04:21:28 am »

Managed to get the video uploaded this morning. Now to rush off to work!

https://youtu.be/jJecayhslDs

Djohaal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Utter Insanitiy]
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2015, 03:20:42 pm »

I find it oddly hypnotic how the fish gets sliced in all directions at the same time.  :o Also do you have a steam account?
I really want that one as a "when". I want "grubs", and "virgin woman" to turn into a dragon. and monkey children to suddenly sprout wings. And I want the Dwarven Mutant Academy to only gain their powers upon reaching puberty. I also have a whole host of odd creatures that only make sense if I divide them into children and adults.

Also, tadpoles.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2015, 03:34:05 pm »

I do indeed. I've added a link to my Steam library to the first post so people can make requests easily. Feel free to add me as well, though you should make sure I know who you are so I don't ignore it (as a female human I get a lot of unsolicited attention which I'm used to tuning out).

Djohaal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Utter Insanitiy]
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2015, 03:38:36 pm »

Figuerd as much, I'm gay so I don't think I'm much of a threat. My steam name is the same as here. :P
I really want that one as a "when". I want "grubs", and "virgin woman" to turn into a dragon. and monkey children to suddenly sprout wings. And I want the Dwarven Mutant Academy to only gain their powers upon reaching puberty. I also have a whole host of odd creatures that only make sense if I divide them into children and adults.

Also, tadpoles.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2015, 03:40:00 pm »

Received and accepted. :)

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2015, 08:22:50 pm »

So, I was looking on Critical Distance and found an enjoyable Let's Play of Blightfall, a Minecraft modpack. Whilst watching it, I wondered who the LPer was. It should have clicked for me that it was in fact our very own Sappho.

Just here to say, I'm really enjoying your LPs. They hit all the right notes for a quality let's play (Interesting information, dry narration without screaming nor gurning, a game I wouldn't ordinarily play which nonetheless is fun to watch).

I don't get to say this too often, since I feel awkward about messaging strangers, but I find it's easier to do so on a public forum. Thanks a lot for these videos, they're great. Also, congratulations on getting on Critical Distance.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2015, 03:22:06 am »

Oh, cool, they accepted my submission! I had forgotten that I'd even sent that in. Yay! Thanks for letting me know, and for the kind words! I'm super glad you like the videos.

I haven't had time to make a Blightfall video in a while but I need to try to find time. Possibly even today, if I can get my NaNo word count done quickly this morning, though I have other responsibilities in the afternoon...

Being a grownup is HARD.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2015, 01:30:10 pm »

I have given up on NaNoWriMo! I still don't have much time, but I've managed to put THIS together. It's the teaser for the upcoming Minecraft with Mom Series - Magic World 2. I will still do Blightfall when I can, but this new series will be much easier to pump out episodes for, so it'll come out more often. We're planning to film the first few hours next weekend, so look forward to the new series soon!

https://youtu.be/DjYCzGNeZ-g

Jar of Jam

• Bay Watcher
  • [ITEM_FOOD:ITEM_FOOD_JAM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2015, 01:17:04 pm »

This trailer got me all excited, and I don't even watch Minecraft LPs :)

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2015, 01:44:32 am »

This trailer got me all excited, and I don't even watch Minecraft LPs :)

Awwww shucks, you are the greatest, thanks! Hopefully me and mom will be able to record the first few hours this coming weekend. It's tough with a 6-hour time difference between us, but we'll get it done somehow! And if I don't manage that, I'll use the time for Blightfall instead, so there will be SOMETHING new soon. I can't believe how long it's been since I worked on Blightfall... Foolish me, thinking I could manage NaNo this year... And stupid dentist ripping out my wisdom teeth without any advance warning. :(

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2015, 04:35:42 am »

The first episode of Minecraft With Mom - Magic World 2 is up! I will be working on getting it subtitled over the next few days. If anyone cares to help with subtitling, make yourself known! It's extremely time-consuming and takes away from time I could be spending on more episodes of this (and Blightfall).

https://youtu.be/5eRW57X-ALs

Jar of Jam

• Bay Watcher
  • [ITEM_FOOD:ITEM_FOOD_JAM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 27, 2015, 02:06:14 pm »

And what about your Aira Plays series?

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #28 on: November 27, 2015, 02:48:33 pm »

I'm doing what I can when I have time to do it. :) There will be more of everything, eventually. But mom got a new computer and we started playing and I felt I ought to get started on that, since it's extremely easy to edit together compared to other things. The writing of subtitles does take forever though.

Right now I'm sitting on another 3 hours or so of footage from playing with her last week, and we're definitely planning to play again this weekend. So expect more MWM than anything else for the moment, just because I have it ready to go. Also, let me know if the music gets annoying. I'm not going to be writing new music for every episode - that really slows me down with Blightfall. But if the music is irritating, speak up and I'll throw together something else.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 27, 2015, 03:00:32 pm »

But Closed Captioning is so much !FUN!
"be scared it will be the baby"
"I live in America for the first time"
"my mom and New York this is me"
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 25