Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 25

Author Topic: Aira's Playing (Sprout: Bees, Farming, Magic, and Monks!)  (Read 43552 times)

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
Re: Aira's Playing
« Reply #30 on: November 27, 2015, 03:21:05 pm »

YouTube's auto-generated subtitles are so bad that it would be far, far better for them to not exist at all. At least their tool for creating your own subtitles works pretty well. But there's no way around it - writing subtitles is balls and it takes a gajillion years to do it, no matter how fast you type. I'm about 60% of the way done with this video. Going to try to finish it tonight. I figure it'll take another hour or so to finish... To do the last 10 minutes...

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 27, 2015, 03:46:20 pm »

Unless you're a court recorder, you're not going to get much faster.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #32 on: November 27, 2015, 06:23:47 pm »

THE SUBTITLES ARE COMPLETE! And actually, it has nothing to do with how fast you type. I type very fast. The issue is that you have to play the video, listen to half a second of speech. Click to pause the video. Click the text box. Type the text. Click the submit button. Drag the title to the right spot on the video and adjust the length. And if you're not sure it's perfect, you have to play it again to make sure you got it right. There is literally no way to speed it up. There's no way to do it faster, even if you type 200 words per minute.

Now I need to make sure someone is actually going to use these subtitles... Several hours of work right there.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 27, 2015, 10:28:16 pm »

You don't think it'd be faster to watch, type, then go back through and place the snippets of text in? You'd likely get a better flow to the task.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #34 on: November 28, 2015, 05:19:14 am »

That would take even longer. If you've never used YouTube's subtitle-making program, it's not as simple as you might think. For each line you want on the screen, you have to type (or copy+paste) it into a box and hit a button, which adds it to the list of lines and automatically drops it into the video where it thinks it belongs. It is always, always wrong about where it belongs, and you have to go back, find the exact spot where it belongs, and drag and resize it to fit. There's no way to simply drop the titles into the right place - and even if there were, how would you know exactly where the right place is without watching the video again?

andrewas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 28, 2015, 05:57:42 am »

It might be worth looking at third party subtitle editors rather than using YouTube's own.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 04, 2015, 09:19:03 am »

PTW.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #37 on: December 15, 2015, 06:56:41 am »

Episode 2 is up at last! Hopefully this one will start to be a bit more interesting than the last one. Also, now that the holidays are coming up, I will hopefully have a bit more free time to make more of these. As time goes on, there seems to be less and less of it free for me to do the things I love to do...

https://youtu.be/VuuImCBwblE

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #38 on: December 30, 2015, 07:41:52 am »

I've done a new quick little let's play showing off my favoritest game that I've bought recently, Grow Home. This game is pure joy. Take a look! It's half off in the Steam sale, too.

Also up: new episode of Minecraft with Mom. I am starting to edit these a bit more to make them more interesting. Episode 3
« Last Edit: December 31, 2015, 03:57:57 am by Sappho »

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
Re: Aira's Playing (Latest Video: Grow Home + New Minecraft With Mom)
« Reply #39 on: January 08, 2016, 03:58:34 am »

What's the boing-boing-boing-boing-boing-boing-boing music playing at around 9:40? It's very cute :P

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
Re: Aira's Playing (Latest Video: Grow Home + New Minecraft With Mom)
« Reply #40 on: January 08, 2016, 08:17:05 am »

What's the boing-boing-boing-boing-boing-boing-boing music playing at around 9:40? It's very cute :P

In which video? In all the Minecraft videos, I have written the music myself. Glad you like it!

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
Re: Aira's Playing (Minecraft With Mom MW2 Ep4)
« Reply #41 on: January 10, 2016, 12:04:25 pm »

New episode of Minecraft with Mom! I've been editing them down more to make them more interesting. Let me know if this is any better!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dArKS-ilbkw

LordBrassroast

• Bay Watcher
  • Wibble.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 24, 2016, 05:25:11 pm »

I'd like to join MC with Mom

MC username: Miscmouse
Preferred role: Monster-killer

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #43 on: January 24, 2016, 06:40:21 pm »

It seems to be a pretty private thing to me.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2016, 12:25:18 am by Skyrunner »

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #44 on: February 02, 2016, 11:17:47 am »

Yeah, sorry, just me and my mom. I had a mod to add NPCs of other people in an older series, but I don't have that now.

Anyway, here's the last episode of the first play session. I have learned the lesson that I really need to edit these down to the interesting parts, even though that means it will take ages to edit each one. There are more on the way, much better edited and more interesting than this one. But anyway here's the exciting conclusion to session 1!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YyyOXgV67xs
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 25