Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Petition: Protecting Freedom in germany VERY Urgent!  (Read 1316 times)

Astrid

• Bay Watcher
  • This is a text.
    • View Profile
Petition: Protecting Freedom in germany VERY Urgent!
« on: September 18, 2015, 02:28:04 pm »

Its kind of an abstruse situation, hard to believe. Apparently in the heat of mess between all
 of those refugees our Cancellor Angela Merkel has managed to fall to the desires of large internet companies
 with the goal to split the Internet in Germany in two halves. High speed and low speed internet.

High speed is only granted for those who are able to pay extra for it to get the extra loading speed (Aka the
 big companies), and those who dont pay extra are stuck with the low speed Internet which means several
minutes or so loading time just to get a page loaded...

Similair deal with the normal people so far the rumors say. People pay for internet connection. Then they
need to pay regular taxes to get high speed, if they cannot do that, they need to life with the creeping
speed forced to endure a few minutes per page to load or so...

I dont know about you but this smells HIGHLY like Company desire population control and this is a nogo.
Currently people are trying to get as many signs as possible for a petition to be sent directly at the European
 Heads so that they get Merkel to abandon that idea.

If THAT law comes through it means that free Internet is a past in germany. I dont need to say that this
would be VERY bad for various reasons as this would allow bad a few companies to literally control opinions
and whatsnot that way...

The petition page is in german But google translator is highly decently at translating it to english.

original German: https://www.change.org/p/wir-sind-f%C3%BCr-netzneutralit%C3%A4t-und-gegen-ein-2-klassen-netz-regsprecher-was-sagt-frau-merkel?utm_source=action_alert&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=391160&alert_id=GcnNnwPveh_fS5oj7bYOYy2XgrEESm8SgmSV0EZrRULgiDPxLUYGA%2FxamspKesLS2WACDpvjiWN

Translated: https://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&hl=de&ie=UTF8&prev=_t&rurl=translate.google.de&sl=de&tl=en&u=https://www.change.org/p/wir-sind-f%25C3%25BCr-netzneutralit%25C3%25A4t-und-gegen-ein-2-klassen-netz-regsprecher-was-sagt-frau-merkel%3Futm_source%3Daction_alert%26utm_medium%3Demail%26utm_campaign%3D391160%26alert_id%3DGcnNnwPveh_fS5oj7bYOYy2XgrEESm8SgmSV0EZrRULgiDPxLUYGA%252FxamspKesLS2WACDpvjiWN&usg=ALkJrhjS_hQVnVF8PnhJnHH-Lx_68XpLmg

I already left my voice here. And for all i can ask. Everyone who can, Please sign your voice as well if you value freedom and
Spread this post to as many people you can.
While i rarely ask you for anything, you all know that. This time i have to.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
Re: Petition: Protecting Freedom in germany VERY Urgent!
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2015, 02:35:16 pm »

You have my support. Net neutrality is basic morality.
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2015, 02:36:07 pm »

2nd for cheeki merkel and series of interconnected tubes

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2015, 04:11:27 pm »

Every major politician seems to be in favour of ending it at this point
because the want the isps to gibe mone
and then maybe tax it some more
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2015, 04:17:48 pm »

I'm beginning to wonder how long net neutrality is going to last. Every major politician seems to be in favour of ending it at this point

And yet people keep electing them. Democracy has failed.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2015, 04:19:17 pm »

I'm beginning to wonder how long net neutrality is going to last. Every major politician seems to be in favour of ending it at this point
And yet people keep electing them. Democracy has failed.
I'm not sure if fascists would be any keener on net neutrality than supreme athenians

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2015, 12:50:01 am »

Does it matter if non-Germans signs the thing?
Love, scriver~

Jelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2015, 04:26:35 am »

It's hard to say without knowing the exact price tags and bandwiths involved, but at a glance this proposition doesn't look entirely unreasonable.