Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: #IStandWithAhmed (Or: How to manipulate public opinion to get free stuff)  (Read 10590 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: #IStandWithAhmed (Or: How to manipulate public opinion to get free stuff)
« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2015, 11:56:24 am »

You're not supposed to look for signs, you're just meant to let it happen so people can complain about toxic masculinity in our society.
No, no, get it right. You're supposed to reduce education funding and slash school support staff, do everything you can to sabotage the state of mental health care in the nation, and make sure people from backgrounds with an increased risk of inculcating violence are in as bad a situation as you can manage. The point is the make looking for signs impossible, and then send in the jackbooted thugs heavily militarized police to harass kids that haven't actually done anything. That way you both get wring your hands about the degenerate youth and do something both highly visible and counterproductive, while simultaneously making sure the police continue to not do their jobs, generating the perfect win-win-win situation!
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Rex Invictus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 20, 2015, 12:04:17 pm »

"Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law." Kid was smarter than most not to go spilling information to a bunch of cops. That's the only justification anyone needs to provide minimized information.

Yep, which is why he's now in jail after telling them what happened... Hang on, wait, that's not what happened, is it?

Did you see that? That's what's called a lie of irrelevant inclusions. You expecting me just to connect the dots by association here, comrade? His father is an activist against Sudan's genocidal dictatorship and his sister knows how to network. I'd try to stir up shit if my family was in trouble too.

It's interesting to note that most Sudanese say that he's not an activist and is someone that holds up the dictatorship by acting like there's any other presidential candidates, giving fake legitimacy to a fake election.

"Quite fairly", and again, this ascribes an omnipotent level of plotting ability.

But hey, you don't want discourse on this, do you? You want somebody to screech at you about being a racist cis-scum murderer, so I'd just go post this on tumblr with some radical anti-blackness tags and wait approximately twenty minutes, go cook some wings or something. I wish you good fortune with the b8, m8.

Funny how you responded and then posted this.

This whole thread seems to be an example in the "how to make a thread on any forum to get several posts really quickly" area.

1) Post about a topic that's going to work up a whole bunch of people on that particular forum (this, the Tim Hunt thing you did earlier, etc).
2) Once people actually start posting (incidentally not as fast as you wanted in either thread), stick to your guns that you're right and anything that they bring up is wrong.
3) When the whole thing starts to die off, shitpost.

Seriously, this is the second time that you've done one of these. I'm starting to think that the only conspiracy here is that you make these threads just to rile up people for fun.

Best part is how everyone attacked me in the Tim Hunt thread and it turned out I was completely right and the whole thing was made up by a group of journalists to get a prominent scientist ostracised, harassed and fired from his job.

But that's not relevant! I'm the one who's wrong, of course. :3

Rex Invictus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 20, 2015, 12:07:13 pm »

Well, you weren't right. The people you copy-pasted from Reddit were right.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I was more correct than everyone attacking me was.

Rex Invictus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 20, 2015, 12:10:42 pm »

My point still stands; you're just posting these to make threads that get attention, actual accuracy be damned.

Not at all.

I make these threads to get attention to the inaccuracy. Anything else is a side effect.

Rex Invictus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 20, 2015, 12:13:40 pm »

Including whether the whole premise turns out to be bogus.

Nothing I've posted so far has turned out to be bogus. Maybe this will be, but I very much doubt it.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 20, 2015, 12:13:51 pm »

I'm starting to think that the only conspiracy here is that you make these threads just to rile up people for fun.
The meta is real.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 20, 2015, 12:14:42 pm »

Best part is how everyone attacked me in the Tim Hunt thread and it turned out I was completely right and the whole thing was made up by a group of journalists to get a prominent scientist ostracised, harassed and fired from his job.

If you repeat a lie often enough, I suppose you can even believe it yourself.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Antioch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 20, 2015, 12:16:30 pm »

How the fuck did this escalate to the president of the USA getting involved?

1. A kid disassembles a clock and put it in a case
2. he parades around with it at school
3. a teacher wants it checked to see its not dangerious
4. Police take him in and release him after finding nothing
5. Media makes it into a huge scandal
6. Kid gets tons of free shit and is invited to meet Obama?

HOW THE FUCK do any of those escalations make sense? This story could have stopped at any point and it would be a non-story, completely nothing worth noting is happening in this entire story.
Checking the device to see if its a bomb is stupid, but barely noteworthy stupid. It was immediately clear that the thing was not harmful.

My dad was once held up at the airfield for several hours because he was transporting scientific equipment that security found looking like a bomb (even though he had all the paperwork just fine). Some high placed security dude had to come over and proverbially bitch slapped airport security in the face for being idiots. Did he get outrageous media coverage and get to meet the president? Fuck no.
You finish ripping the human corpse of Sigmund into pieces.
This raw flesh tastes delicious!

Rex Invictus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 20, 2015, 12:18:59 pm »

If you repeat a lie often enough, I suppose you can even believe it yourself.

How about you go look through this and see how many lies were told about Sir Tim Hunt?

He's been vindicated, it turned out it was a complete fucking witch hunt and Connie St Louis (the person who told all the lies) has very suddenly disappeared off the map mainly because of the sheer amount of lies she told about herself on her CV and the like.

Anyway, stop trying to derail to get it locked. :) Just because you don't like the truth, doesn't mean it's not true.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2015, 12:22:14 pm by Rex Invictus »

Rex Invictus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 20, 2015, 12:27:43 pm »

HOW THE FUCK do any of those escalations make sense? This story could have stopped at any point and it would be a non-story, completely nothing worth noting is happening in this entire story.
Checking the device to see if its a bomb is stupid, but barely noteworthy stupid. It was immediately clear that the thing was not harmful.

My dad was once held up at the airfield for several hours because he was transporting scientific equipment that security found looking like a bomb (even though he had all the paperwork just fine). Some high placed security dude had to come over and proverbially bitch slapped airport security in the face for being idiots. Did he get outrageous media coverage and get to meet the president? Fuck no.

Because, remember, arresting someone for building something that looks like a bomb is police brutality!

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 20, 2015, 12:34:21 pm »

Neat, a conspiracy theory reposted from /pol/ as truth. Do we get one from the onion next, OP?

Because, remember, arresting someone for building something that looks like a bomb is police brutality!

Honestly, if a kid devoid of color had done it he probably would have gotten suspended from school maybe sent to counseling and therapy.

EDIT: Also, it goes to show this scapegoat is what happens when you stripsearch people on the regular.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2015, 12:43:08 pm by inteuniso »
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 20, 2015, 12:35:16 pm »

This is what the whole incident makes me think of: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNB3rDkedaM
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 20, 2015, 12:46:11 pm »

https://youtu.be/aGit-XltUB4 Huh this whole thread isn't original.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #43 on: September 20, 2015, 01:35:54 pm »

Because, remember, arresting someone for building something that looks like a bomb is fucking stopid!
FTFY
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

Rex Invictus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 20, 2015, 02:13:11 pm »

Because, remember, arresting someone for building something that looks like a bomb is fucking stopid!
FTFY

Yeah, man.

Not like pretending you have a gun is a crime or anything either.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7