Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: So I was browsing the Adventure section of the wiki...  (Read 3573 times)

Urist McVoyager

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: So I was browsing the Adventure section of the wiki...
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2015, 08:53:14 pm »

Look up Kisat Dur and incorporate it into the character. Jackie DOES use unarmed combat when he doesn't have anything at hand, and there's plenty of ways in KD to disarm an opponent.

Mainly grabbing their weapons and jumping through them to throw and disarm them at once.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2015, 09:55:54 pm »

Yup, Hawkwrath (the standing version) and Dragonfall (the full speed version) are devastatingly effective and incredibly fun.

Procyon

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2015, 11:31:46 pm »

...Wow. Dwarf Fortress is this sophisticated?
I already created a character with stats that I preferred. Should I redo for this new type of combat?
Oh, BTW, what does PTW mean?
"Bad day bad day bad day!"

cdru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2015, 11:58:02 pm »

Make sure, that whatever you do, don't fight beastfolk vampires unarmed. They just DON'T DIE.
Yeah,it's too hard to kill them when it's impossible to strangle them to death.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2015, 01:55:39 am »

...Wow. Dwarf Fortress is this sophisticated?
I already created a character with stats that I preferred. Should I redo for this new type of combat?
Oh, BTW, what does PTW mean?
PTW is posting to watch, and Kisat Dur is an impromptu martial art form Broseph Stalin set up in another thread on here, folding in ideas and tactics and techniques which we can use regardless of our species, as it is easier to say "hit him with Hawkwrath and knocked him into a pit" than "I initiated a grapple aimed at grabbing his weapon and then jumped towards him from a standing position before the grab hit, so I was able to knock him down and disarm him, and this knocked him into a pit" plus the ideas are fun.

TheHossofMoss

• Bay Watcher
  • "Man muss Heu machen, solange die Sonne scheint."
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2015, 04:40:40 pm »

Can confirm Misc Object User hilarity. Half the fun of old adventure mode was finding new things to kill people with; personal favorites include backpacks, severed toes, and leaves (which, if I remember properly, are razor-sharp and can also be thrown like ninja stars.)

Thrower is hilarious too; there's the story of the guy who killed a bronze colossus by chucking a fluffy wambler at its head, and I've personally assassinated large numbers of people by blowing their brains out with dirt.

POCKET SAND!
On the Fifth Day of Axemas, my love saved the fort from...
Five sieging Werebeasts, four Giant Dingoes, three sneaky Thieves, two drunken Black bears, and a Titan killing spree!

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2015, 05:56:41 pm »

« Last Edit: September 26, 2015, 05:58:54 pm by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Proudnerd

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING] [CAFFEINE _DEPENDANT]
    • View Profile
    • My writing profile
« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2015, 12:40:56 am »

finding new things to kill people with
Coffins. Always go coffins.

I read  post on here where a guy killed hundreds of things with a coffin and added corpses of things he killed into it afterwards. that made it get heavier and hit harder.

Also I edited that wiko page a few years ago  the sentences i wrote are still there including the misc object user lol
« Last Edit: September 29, 2015, 12:43:15 am by Proudnerd »
"Oi Urdim! Monom just died, can ye go fetch his old hand from the pile o' severed limbs?"
"Eh how am I supposed to know which one's his?"
"I dunno, just grab the one that stinks the least and throw it in."

hyperman500

• Bay Watcher
  • I endorse all exploits!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2015, 02:25:48 pm »

POCKET SAND!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Ha, perfect exempt for one thing, the head didn't fly off despite it being a perfect headshot :D

If the system isn't overly complicated and utterly convoluted it clearly isn't Dwarfy enough to make.

forfor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2015, 01:26:20 pm »

Better yet: from demigod start, 14 in thrower, 10 wrestler, a few points each in observer and dodger: take their weapon and throw it at them, if possible try to sever a body part because then you can throw their body part at them for the coup de grace

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2015, 03:47:57 pm »

Thrower is very easy to train, simple find a place where you can pick up rocks, then make a macro of you picking up a rock and throwing it. Repeat for a while and presto, legendary thrower. No need to waste starting points on it.

I generally combine this with knapping training, just add knapping the rock in between picking it up and throwing it in the macro.
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

forfor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2015, 11:25:55 am »

requires knowledge of how to make a macro XD
Pages: 1 [2]