Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Unofficial Patch/Mod for Classic MW  (Read 3308 times)

taldarus

• Bay Watcher
  • Awkward Post Master
    • View Profile
Re: Unofficial Patch/Mod for Classic MW
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2015, 07:18:16 pm »

Just curious what people's thoughts are? I know some people have tried warlock 'patch'. Going to have some time to put towards them in the next few days.

My Thoughts:
Still thinking about reducing the faction down to only a single caste.
I am also trying how to develop a solid system for disposing/repairing wounded undead. (Other than just leaving in a bed permanently or dropping a roof on them and burying the remains...)
Wanted to use wounded zombies as sentries, placing them in burrows or pastures, but they down't show up on either list. Anyone know why?

Fairin

• Bay Watcher
  • Furry!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2015, 07:18:53 pm »

give them a pet tag

you can have a caste that is also a pet (buyable at embark and whathaveyou) pastureable possibly trainable and slaughterable. wish i could find the code for it i used to insert into my games for the "distastefull" caste from dwarves

[SELECT_CASTE:Zombie]
      [FEMALE][PET][CREATURE_CLASS:PET_HEALING]
[PETVALUE:100][COMMON_DOMESTIC]
      [DESCRIPTION:a pet zombie discription]
      [POP_RATIO:1]
      [NATURAL_SKILL:LYING:6]
   [CASTE_PROFESSION_NAME:STANDARD:zombie:zombies]

** removed discription and distastefull name to zombie but should work =)
« Last Edit: October 03, 2015, 07:40:34 pm by Fairin »

taldarus

• Bay Watcher
  • Awkward Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2015, 02:23:28 am »

You wouldn't want [COMMON_DOMESTIC] as that would give em to the dwarves as a pet. O.o

Thanks for the suggestion, oddly, Meph doesn't seem to use the pet tag at all in warlock file. Makes me think he was trying to handle a bug, I will try to check through his logs, but butchering zombies would definitely help clean up the forts population after a battle.

Is there a way a way to limit butchering remains. (I believe not, just asking) I am confident one thing Meph was trying to do was limiting the number of butcher-able corpses. (Old Warlock forts could infinitely butcher, just from cleaning up the corpses of their own dead.

Might be a couple of days till I resurface and check to see. Went ahead and wrote in pet token. I won't be able to test the results personally, so feedback would be great. (posting in a few)

EDIT: remembered there might be a way to set butcher-able remains, but need to read up on it. Using the ON_BUTCHER token can set special types of remains, but I never checked to see if you can use it to override meat and bones somehow. I may need to make zombies a non-real material to get rid of use-able remains. (IE- Instead of using standard materials, I use TISSUE:ROTTING_FLESH)

too busy to try atm.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2015, 02:32:38 am by taldarus »
Pages: 1 [2]