Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How should I name the different glass types?

Use the same color naming conventions as the cloth.
- 5 (50%)
Use gem names.
- 5 (50%)
Other (respond in thread)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Dwarven Haberdasher Cloth Armor/Industry Mod v1.4 Our beds have pillows!  (Read 21856 times)

Halnoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Plan for the Worst. Hope for the Best. Have Fun!
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarven Haberdasher Cloth Armor/Industry Mod v1.3 Our beds have pillows!
« Reply #30 on: August 07, 2016, 01:50:12 am »

Just tested it and yes you have to take the text files out of the folders "Glass Weapons" and "new enemy civs" to use those portions of the mod. After typing that out, that seems somewhat annoying and possibly confusing. Maybe I'll go with the first option in the pole. That seems less confusing.

The pole is split evenly haha, so no clear obvious answer.
One of the dwarfs walked in front of Thor to get a better view of the prye, and Thor kicked him irritably into the middle of the flames, which made Thor feel slightly better and made all the dwarfs feel much worse.

Cloth Armor Mod http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=158967.msg7063531#msg7063531

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 07, 2016, 02:04:29 am »

What? I just tested it too and found the opposite. I got a fresh copy of Dwarf Fortress v0.43.05 and dropped all the Haberdasher stuff in raw/objects and edited the entity_default.txt to add the stuff to the Dwarves. I left the new enemy civ stuff in its folder. I can place Drows and Duergar in the arena.

Halnoth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 07, 2016, 02:16:09 am »

What? I just tested it too and found the opposite. I got a fresh copy of Dwarf Fortress v0.43.05 and dropped all the Haberdasher stuff in raw/objects and edited the entity_default.txt to add the stuff to the Dwarves. I left the new enemy civ stuff in its folder. I can place Drows and Duergar in the arena.

You can place the races in arena because I kicked the creature files out into the main RAW list. If you gen a world while keeping them in folders you will see that the civs are not placed.
One of the dwarfs walked in front of Thor to get a better view of the prye, and Thor kicked him irritably into the middle of the flames, which made Thor feel slightly better and made all the dwarfs feel much worse.

Cloth Armor Mod http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=158967.msg7063531#msg7063531

Halnoth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 07, 2016, 04:24:51 am »

v1.4

Can now make glass bars (same material requirements as glass weapons) so that you can make glass furniture and armor at the forge. (will work on fancy glass furniture and different glass types for next release)

Added a version of minotaurs and ogres so that they are not attacked on sight when they come to visit your fortress. They also will not topple your fancy furniture!

Major formatting changes to make it easier to install the mod.

1. The glass and enemy civ components are no longer in separate folders.
2. Added an installation readme and manifest.json file (should be easier to install via LNP).
3. Added Ironhand graphics for Drow, Duegar, Minotaur, and Ogre.

Here is what the new readme says for installation purposes;

===Installation===

Before begining either installation method;

- If you do not want the enemy civs, then delete the text files with _civ at the end of the name. (there are 4)

- If you do not want glass weapons, then delete the text files with _glass at the end of the name. (there are 2)

Method A: If you do not use the Starter Pack's mod tool.

1. Unzip the file on top of your Dwarf Fortress folder.  ENSURE THAT YOU WILL BE PROMPTED BEFORE OVERWRITING ANYTHING.

2. You will be notified that raw/objects/entity_default.txt already exists.  If you use no other mods, accept this overwrite.

3. If you do use other mods, copy the contents of raw/objects/entity_default.insert (this can be opened using notepad or a similar program) and paste them into raw/objects/entity_default.txt right after [TRANSLATION:DWARF] in [ENTITY:MOUNTAIN].

Method B: If you want to use the Starter Pack's mod tool.

1. Unzip the file into a folder inside the Starter Pack's LNP/Mods folder, such as Dwarven Haberdasher.

2. Cut the grahics folder (which is inside the raw folder just extracted) out of this location and paste it into the same spot under LNP/Graphics/<your graphics pack)/raw.  There should be no conflicts. Do this before any graphics packs changes you make with the Starter Pack.

3. Double-click "Dwarven Haberdasher" to move it from Available to Merged, where it will be highlighted in yellow due to overwriting a vanilla file.  Mix with other mods if desired, then click Install Mods.

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarven Haberdasher Cloth Armor/Industry Mod v1.4 Our beds have pillows!
« Reply #34 on: August 07, 2016, 04:49:04 am »

If I disable the glass industry mod by deleting "inorganic_metal_haber_glass.txt" and "reaction_haber_glass.txt", will Enemy Civs still work okay? Will the drow still be able to use the glass weapons?

If I delete "plant_haber_cloth.txt" and "reaction_haber_cloth.txt", will that disable the cloth armor stuff for Dwarves while still allowing Drows to use it?

Halnoth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 07, 2016, 05:04:32 am »

If I disable the glass industry mod by deleting "inorganic_metal_haber_glass.txt" and "reaction_haber_glass.txt", will Enemy Civs still work okay? Will the drow still be able to use the glass weapons?

If I delete "plant_haber_cloth.txt" and "reaction_haber_cloth.txt", will that disable the cloth armor stuff for Dwarves while still allowing Drows to use it?

No if you delete those files drow will not have access. However, I did add stone and metal pref to drow so they will have a combination of cloth/glass and metal. The other civs are not affected. Are you just wanting a drow civ that uses glass and cloth but you don't want the rest of the mod? What I mean here is, do you not want all the extra crops for dwarves? or is it that you just don't want dwarves to have the cloth armor and glass weapons?

Because if you just don't want dwarves to have cloth armor and glass weapons you should do the following;

Delete or do not add the following tags to the dwarf entity;
[ARMOR:ITEM_ARMOR_ARMDOUB:FORCED]
[ARMOR:ITEM_ARMOR_SURCOAT:FORCED]
[ARMOR:ITEM_ARMOR_PAULDRONS:FORCED]
[HELM:ITEM_HELM_ARC:FORCED]
[GLOVES:ITEM_GLOVES_BRACERS:FORCED]
[SHOES:ITEM_SHOES_NBOOTS:FORCED]
[PANTS:ITEM_PANTS_PT:FORCED]
[PERMITTED_REACTION:MILLA]
[PERMITTED_REACTION:GLASSA]
[PERMITTED_REACTION:GLASSB]
[PERMITTED_REACTION:GLASSC]
[PERMITTED_REACTION:GLASSD]
[PERMITTED_REACTION:GLASSE]
[PERMITTED_REACTION:GLASSF]
[PERMITTED_REACTION:GLASSG]
[PERMITTED_REACTION:GLASSH]
[PERMITTED_REACTION:GLASSI]

That will disable the cloth armor and weapons for dwarves but will still give you the extra crops, normal/fancy cloth furniture, and cloth items.

If you want none of it. You could simply not add any of the tags to the dwarf entity. It won't stop the extra plants though, however, you can simply not bring them with you on embark.

Edit: jecowa are you just wanting the enemy civs (or just the drow)? It would take me 15min tops to prune the mod down to only that. I could also give them the cloth/glass with no issue while stripping dwarf access to any of it (including the crops).
« Last Edit: August 07, 2016, 05:08:40 am by Halnoth »

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 07, 2016, 05:14:22 am »

Thanks for the help. I was just wondering how feasible it was to make these three separate optional pieces that all work with or without each other installed. I was thinking there'd be people who like cloth armor but don't really want more races, and there'd be people who'd like to have dark elves and dark dwarves in their game but aren't really interested in making armor from cloth, etc. Maybe that's too much trouble to do, though, and I'm not sure if it'd even work.

Halnoth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 07, 2016, 05:23:15 am »

Thanks for the help. I was just wondering how feasible it was to make these three separate optional pieces that all work with or without each other installed. I was thinking there'd be people who like cloth armor but don't really want more races, and there'd be people who'd like to have dark elves and dark dwarves in their game but aren't really interested in making armor from cloth, etc. Maybe that's too much trouble to do, though, and I'm not sure if it'd even work.

Well no someone could do that easily while installing. I added stone and metal pref to the drow so that if a player deleted the glass files then the drow would still show up armed. All you would have to do is delete everything except for;

the _civ text files and the creature_haber_dark file

That would strip the cloth and glass industry changes out leaving only the enemy civs.

Currently the way I have it set up you can't have glass without the cloth though so glass is dependent on the cloth mod currently.

However, the enemy civs are pretty independent from the rest of the mod. You would simply have some tags in the drow entity that did nothing but that should not be a problem.

Edit: I added a sentence to the main post explaining this in the installation instructions. I also updated the read me and description on DFFD. The readme in the zip file on DFFD will not be updated until I upload next.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2016, 05:33:56 am by Halnoth »

Deinos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 20, 2016, 06:52:13 pm »

I really like your mod, it looks very interesting.

I added nothing to elves (I just pasted your dwarf stuff into the entity file), but they still have laminated quilts etc. Not that that's a bad thing.

Do you know how I could make it so a race uses ONLY a given level of your armor-cloth for their armor needs? I want to mod my game so invaders of certain tiers use your 3 levels of armored cloth, so the toughest civs would only use laminated quilt. How would that work exactly?

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 21, 2016, 04:04:05 am »

Halnoth, are you okay with your Haberdasher mod being bundled with Lazy Newb Packs?

Halnoth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 22, 2016, 08:25:20 am »

I really like your mod, it looks very interesting.

I added nothing to elves (I just pasted your dwarf stuff into the entity file), but they still have laminated quilts etc. Not that that's a bad thing.

Do you know how I could make it so a race uses ONLY a given level of your armor-cloth for their armor needs? I want to mod my game so invaders of certain tiers use your 3 levels of armored cloth, so the toughest civs would only use laminated quilt. How would that work exactly?

Thank you.

Clothing is randomly chosen from available cloth types. They should not bring the modded cloth to trade, and by that I mean pieces of cloth. The clothes they bring might be made of the new cloth. Please let me know if they are bringing bins of the new cloth and I'll see whats going on there.

All of the cloth types are plant based so I don't think there is a way to restrict the clothing they wear.

However, you could probably split the cloth types up so that one was plant, one was wool, and one was silk and then you could restrict the civs access to those materials. I'm not sure if simply restricting the reactions is enough, but that might work too.

I'll see if I can figure something out there.

Halnoth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 22, 2016, 08:28:02 am »

Halnoth, are you okay with your Haberdasher mod being bundled with Lazy Newb Packs?

Yes I am okay with my Haberdasher mod being bundled with the Lazy Newb Packs.

Halnoth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 15, 2016, 11:30:05 pm »

Hello Everyone,

Just posting to give an update. I am still working on the glass industry. However, I am a teacher and the school year started so I have very little time to do anything outside of work. It might be a fair while till the next update, but I'll do my best!

Warm regards,
Halnoth

Pages: 1 2 [3]