Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: printing the DF logo on a tshirt?  (Read 635 times)

metajake

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
printing the DF logo on a tshirt?
« on: October 07, 2015, 02:41:00 pm »

Hi all. I've been a fan of Dwarf Fortress for a few years. Recently, I decided to make myself a tshirt of the DF "Dwarf" face:

I am interested in making this shirt available to other people, if they want. So I wondered about the legality of reprinting this image. Is it copyrighted? If so, I wonder if Bay12 would be interested in contracting some sort of limited agreement that would allow my art company to print this image.

I'm really just a fan, who would like to make my "fan reproduction" available to more people then just me.

What do you think?

Finally, of course I will not make copies of any copyrighted art without permission. I'm no scoundrel.

Thank you for taking a look and for your consideration.

Jake N.

p.s. Oh and since this is my first post, I want to thank Toady and his bro for your unique, never-ending work. I am a life time gamer in his 30's, and now, when people ask me what games I play, I tell them, "Dwarf Fortress". It is an amazing piece of work.. Many fun, exciting, perplexing hours of play. Thanks again, so so much, and cheers.

acetech09

• Bay Watcher
  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: printing the DF logo on a tshirt?
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2015, 02:46:28 pm »

I made some DF keychains a while ago, and after 2 emails direct to Toady and no response, I just went ahead with it. Never heard from him.
I challenge you to a game of 'Hide the Sausage', to the death.

Fenrir

• Bay Watcher
  • The Monstrous Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2015, 11:40:06 pm »

I did some digging, and Toady One responded to a similar request a few years back.

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=4756.msg64610#msg64610

(It’s weird to see myself asking a question I don’t remember and I’d never imagine myself asking in a style of speech I didn’t think I ever used.)

metajake

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2015, 07:27:40 pm »

acetech90, Fenrir, thanks for the replies and info. (fenrir I know what you mean about reading yourself years later haha)

metajake

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2015, 08:19:32 pm »

i might occasionally gift some to my best friends and relatives then. thank you