Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: How to drive off group?  (Read 4029 times)

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
Re: How to drive off group?
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2015, 06:27:37 pm »

I'm actually having the same problem with a "Bandits are harassing the town Led by Elfname Butternuts" quest.

In mine, it just keeps spawning bandit groups at the same location every day, even though the bandit leader is dead. Everyone in town knows that the leader is dead, and the bandits themselves don't seem to identify their old group. They still harass the town all day erryday.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2015, 11:23:29 pm »

I'm actually having the same problem with a "Bandits are harassing the town Led by Elfname Butternuts" quest.

In mine, it just keeps spawning bandit groups at the same location every day, even though the bandit leader is dead. Everyone in town knows that the leader is dead, and the bandits themselves don't seem to identify their old group. They still harass the town all day erryday.

It doesn't just "spawn" them all people in dwarf fortress come from somewhere (world activation)
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com

forfor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2015, 02:38:35 am »

They might be part of a different bandit group. try asking about troubles and see what you get.

ClorrProdigal

• Bay Watcher
  • My God! It's full of dwarves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2015, 02:10:00 am »

Kill all of the bandits you see. They usually wont leave and if they do I think they just come back later, killing them all is the only permanent solution I've found. Though truthfully when it comes to bandits I don't really look for any other solutions.

Morgoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Rayneing Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2015, 02:30:38 pm »

These have been random for me. I think the quest sometimes gets bugged.

I got something similar for a Hamlet that was completely abandoned. Nothing I did could make the quest update.

Different playthrough, I killed the Lord of a Hamlet and the Agreement was completed, afterwhich my Lord's group claimed said Hamlet.

Generally if it tells you to drive off a group it means kill the Lord/Lady, but it doesn't always register properly.
« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2015, 07:24:25 pm »

You need to either drive the entire group out (which I don't know if you actually could or not) or slaughter them all. Even if you kill their leader and claim their "home base," they could still have supporters that would then plot to overthrow you as well as just designating a new leader and the group remains active. A group can also have more than 1 leader figure (like the lieutenants and shit), in which case you need to kill all of them.

You know when you've succeeded because you will get a little window telling you something about it. You get a similar popup if you claim a site and actually conquer it so there are no more opposing factions trying to take it from you/the previous owner.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2015, 07:27:03 pm by TheCoolSideofthePIllow »
Pages: 1 [2]