Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: What to do now?  (Read 1371 times)

celem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What to do now?
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2015, 06:42:05 am »

I thought the caravan looting for the hospital was gone now?  Have some vague memory of that getting squashed.  My personal peeve has always been spoiler thread stitches which feels like a sacrilegious waste.

I also have an aversion to zoning a hospital before i have soap available, but that stems back to an old bug where they would fill everything with thread/cloth and there would be no space for soap when it was eventually made.  I believe that bug is, if not squashed, less blatant these days.

Catsplosion wont just happen like that, so dont panic yet.  Its only cats that have adopted a dwarf that you cant easily dispose of, and they will only adopt dwarves that have a preference for cats.  Its something you might see more as your pop climbs, just keep an eye on the pet screen and on who is being adopted. A few cats around is a good idea since they keep vermin down, ideally you want only 1 female to be adopted though.

Sounds like your fort is running pretty stable, you might want tostart a construction project, expand your mine workings, go explore a cavern.  All of these are fun distractions.  I would probably sort that hospital first though.  Its certainly a good plan if you are going to the caverns, and the logistics of getting a water cistern and wells set up is a valuable learning experience.
Marksdwarf Pillboxes
I wish I had something cool to say about this.  Because it's really cool.

Treah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What to do now?
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2015, 10:14:33 am »

The stocking bug for hospitals was fixed to a degree. I think they will still overstock one of the items but I think its plaster which is not used by anything else anyway.
Pages: 1 [2]