Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

Author Topic: Igynpadca Single-Player Game  (Read 10945 times)

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
Igynpadca Single-Player Game
« on: September 24, 2015, 06:33:39 pm »

Hey, guys! I'm sorry I haven't been as active in the Igynpadca thread as I have in the past, but I haven't really been playing the game much. My life has gotten a lot more busy lately, so I don't really have time for MMOs.

But I hear Generic Game Company has started a spin-off single-player version. Has anyone heard anything about it?

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
Re: Igynpadca Single-Player Game
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2015, 06:50:47 pm »

Yeah, the rumors seems to be confirmed. http://www.genericgamecompany.com/Igynpadca/single-player/

Dunno how it can stand up to the MMO, but we will see.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2015, 09:38:57 pm »

Leaks from the dev team. Gonna spoiler 'em for obvious reasons.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

If nothing else, the graphics look pretty good.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2015, 09:48:57 pm »

I take it from the steam lobster that this takes place before the MMO? It just makes me worried that they are going to end up ret-coning a lot of the lore...
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2015, 10:19:56 pm »

I take it from the steam lobster that this takes place before the MMO? It just makes me worried that they are going to end up ret-coning a lot of the lore...
Yeah, looking at the dev page, the game apparently takes place during the Time of Spiders, which has often been hinted at in-game but never really fleshed out that much.

And the devs say they'll avoid problems with ret-conning by making all the important NPCs turn out to be clones.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2015, 01:13:42 am »

Yeah, looking at the dev page, the game apparently takes place during the Time of Spiders, which has often been hinted at in-game but never really fleshed out that much.

And the devs say they'll avoid problems with ret-conning by making all the important NPCs turn out to be clones.
But didn't the Age of Arachnids happen in a separate timeline in a parallel 'verse anyway? Or are we talking about different time periods?

Quote from: Vladimir Ivanov, Creative Director of GGC Russia
We fully intend to revolutionize localization by making the different languages wholly different experiences. Our version, for example, is situated on the peninsula of Gavol instead of the archipelago of Tarcatinca.
I'm not so sure how much I like this. To me it seems they just want to make more money by selling the same game with minor changes to those fans who would buy every game and paraphernalia.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2015, 01:22:31 am »

Nonono, at max level, you can make a black hole harness and restart in the Age of Arachnids in the MMO.
But I think in an interview one of the developers mentioned an "alternate alternate universe."
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2015, 01:37:30 am »

Have you seen the planned Day 1 DLC? It's ridiculous. They actually locked the Archaeologist class behind a paywall! Such bullshit.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2015, 03:22:07 am »

But didn't the Age of Arachnids happen in a separate timeline in a parallel 'verse anyway? Or are we talking about different time periods?
You seem to be a bit confused. The Time of Spiders is totally different from the Age of Arachnids. For one thing, it involved way less scorpions. Also
Glory to Arstotzka!

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2015, 08:33:10 am »

So is the game actually out yet? Is it in beta? I can't find it anywhere!
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2015, 10:31:43 am »

Closed Beta. You needed to preorder the game five years ago (while it was still in secret development) to get into it now. My policy of sending $50 to random game companies every few months finally paid off.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2015, 12:00:11 pm »

Huh, it must be really weird playing in the non-dev builds. Scoots just mentioned on Twitter how he finally managed to fix the bugs with castles moving randomly and waffles barking when not put in a toaster.

« Last Edit: September 25, 2015, 12:01:51 pm by Kadzar »
Glory to Arstotzka!

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2015, 01:03:18 pm »

Oh my, I am so hyped! I'm afraid it doesn't live up to the MMO though.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2015, 02:07:20 pm »

Huh, it must be really weird playing in the non-dev builds. Scoots just mentioned on Twitter how he finally managed to fix the bugs with castles moving randomly and waffles barking when not put in a toaster.

Keep in mind Scoots' been known to tweet crunked out of his mind. The waffle barking bug is probably still in.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2015, 03:49:54 pm »

That sounds like something that ought to be made into a pet or familiar or whatever they're going to call them, actually. I haven't seen this bug in action, since I'm not in the closed beta, but are you sure it's not an intentional feature?
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7