Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: Igynpadca Single-Player Game  (Read 10959 times)

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
Re: Igynpadca Single-Player Game
« Reply #60 on: April 06, 2016, 11:15:23 am »

The OLITFG is only good for bragging rights, really. It can't be used against anything on the same continent, so unless you also spend the time, resources and pet slot for an Iridium Planet Worm to collect enemy drops at a long distance for you, there's not much gain in using it.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 06, 2016, 11:21:08 am »

Yeah but my mystique is only at 30 so I won't be using it anyway. But has anyone beaten the forstsquirrel yet?
One wheel short of a wagon

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 06, 2016, 09:07:01 pm »

I haven't, I instead have been spending the last week decoding the Vashna code in an attempt to find the treasure cache of Wizard Dan the Wizard Man's spellbook, so far I've managed to figure out that it's somewhere within the steel top mountains, but, as I've been spending all my time buried in lore... I'm only level 10, as I mastered the lore skill, is there anyway to use it is combat?

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 06, 2016, 10:06:49 pm »

I haven't, I instead have been spending the last week decoding the Vashna code in an attempt to find the treasure cache of Wizard Dan the Wizard Man's spellbook, so far I've managed to figure out that it's somewhere within the steel top mountains, but, as I've been spending all my time buried in lore... I'm only level 10, as I mastered the lore skill, is there anyway to use it is combat?

If you spend just a couple points in Deceit, with level 10 Lore you'll unlock Spread Falsehoods, which is very effective when fighting any enemies with a Pedantic modifier, and you can use it to circumvent the Rouge Band of Baking Brothers mini-boss fight by making them go down the wrong path and end up getting captured at Ogre Law School.

Also, who have you guys chosen to romance? I feel like most people are going for Priscilla the Ice Queen to reap the benefits of her political influence or Ryan the Gosling for his steamy good looks, but I've shacked up with Modgar Ooodum. On the outside he looks like any other giant slug monster, but when you really get deep into his dialogue you learn that he really cares about your character and isn't devotion what's really important in a partner? Plus, he's got good musical taste.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #64 on: April 07, 2016, 12:02:55 am »

Well, I play a level 44 Casanova Caster, so I just go with "all of the above" for the cumulative bonuses.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 07, 2016, 01:20:32 am »

The Sneak update sneakily added a Trump Card.

It summons a boss instance of Donald Trump, who constantly buffs himself to ungodly levels of physical defense via a move called "Build The Wall".

The worst thing about that is that it sacrifices your turn if he does it. How do I beat the guy in order to get his Toupee?
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 07, 2016, 02:53:46 am »

Okay, to beat the Trump boss I romanced a lizard-chronomancer to get the bonus turns benefit from when he stops you moving, then got a +8 Dead Cat Repulsion Ring. So when he did his "Throw a dead cat on the table" attack, I just set fire to the table and hit him over the head with one of the legs. Kiting was also pretty important, and try and start the fight in the "Harpsichord of Belismus" area below the castle, to get the help of that ballista the Roscrucians have.

In other news, I'm trying to work out if the Mountain Catacombs of Ingl'icha M'droguar Peskar are procedurally generated, or if its just a massive bunch of really boring handmade dungeons. I've figured out that if you just turn right at every corner, you eventually get to Kraval the Blind, Demonic Lord of the Insipid Reaches boss fight, even if it isn't his catacomb. In fact, this even works for those cellars underneath taverns, if you keep turning right long enough.

EDIT: the stat bonus on the toupee isn't as good as some people think, but it really helps with romancing certain characters.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #67 on: May 02, 2016, 11:33:01 pm »

I'm about ready to uninstall this thing. I can't beat the Beet Butter Beetle boss, even with the Beating Bearing Banner equipped. Any ideas?
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 02, 2016, 11:55:50 pm »

The Beet Butter Beetle hates bees, and doubles its damage exponentially for each you have in your inventory. Even though you needed them to get to that point, you should backtrack and take your Boasting Battle-Bee, Bubbly Bloated Believer and Blooper Boat home before you fight it. The Beating Bears summoned by the Banner should leave the Beetle at only 8x damage multiplier instead of 8192x, while dealing some serious damage to it. Also try to attack the beehives around the boss arena to distract it.

If even that isn't enough, go back to the town of Dewpalm and talk to the beekeeper there. She'll send you on a long and repetitive series of quests, but the Hot Knife you get for the second-to-last one is ridiculously effective against the Beetle. Be sure to use it quickly before it cools down into a Lukewarm Knife, lest you have to travel to a volcano to heat it up again (any will do, The Other Mt. Doom is closest to the Beetle's lair).
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 03, 2016, 02:52:26 am »

Or just git gud. But, you know, that's just one man's opinion.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 03, 2016, 12:55:00 pm »

Or just git gud. But, you know, that's just one man's opinion.
Gitting gud is for noobs. Real IGYNPADCA players cheese and optimize. If you're not reading at least 10 totally conflicting strategy guides while playing, you're just playing casual.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 01, 2016, 08:08:41 am »

Anyone still playing? The Igynpadca subreddit's been getting kinda lifeless.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #72 on: July 01, 2016, 08:58:44 am »

I think the servers got hacked, so downloads have been unavailable for the last month.
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 01, 2016, 12:11:16 pm »

I heard there's a theory coming around that it actually happened because one of the secret bosses was defeated, and the developers forgot to make any content past her because they thougt she was undefeatable. They had to shut a lot of things down and make an entire other level, followed by an even harder boss (they're sure this one's impossible).
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #74 on: July 01, 2016, 03:44:10 pm »

They probably had a panic attack  :P

I heard they are adding a magic portal at the end of this level-realm into a new realm. The only way to get past is to get a key from a slot machine, but I have heard it's fixed to be impossible for now.
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7