Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: A Flexible Mind: A Shadowrun Suggestion Game  (Read 18937 times)

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
Re: A Flexible Mind: Now With 100% More Robots [SG]
« Reply #75 on: October 14, 2015, 04:47:50 pm »

I can't decide between zapping the camera, or looting the boxes for... whatever's useful...
(Ohfoor's made of metal, scrap metal is made of metal, there's gotta be some way to make this work)
Switch to lightning powers, zap the camera, and... search for usable objects!
+1
If we can't find anything, then proceed to take the elevator.
+2
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 14, 2015, 11:35:09 pm »

Ohfoor started checking the shelves a little more thoroughly for something useful, moving from row to row. A sense of unnatural deja vu filled him as he looked over the metal shelves. All he was finding was more and more metal parts that meant nothing to him. Towards the last shelf was a desk nestled in the corner, and in one of the drawers was a thin blue credit stick and a small black flashlight. A quick check of the small numeric display on the credit stick showed 2,000c. Not much, but something. He wedged the stick in between a gap in his torso casing where it sat quite nicely. He double checked the desk, not finding anything else of note. A few random papers with random numbers and figures, but nothing of use or relevance.

He returned to the elevator, taking his time to focus closely on the camera just inside the scratched up elevator. It sizzled and sparked, finally creating a loud popping sound before it's red light went out. With no more reason to be worried about being seen inside the elevator he stepped in, hitting the only button lit up, upwards. The elevator shook as it revved into motion as the cables visible on the sides pulled tight. The support struts flicked by one after the other for a few minutes until he arrived at the top.

As he stepped off the elevator, he was greeted by a thick layer of dust shaking itself free from the shoddy looking chandelier in what appeared to be another storage room lined with cheap brown tile flooring. A plethora of random metal parts with price tags lined the shelves. There was a lanky brown-haired man with a beaten baseball cap tapping at a keyboard. He called over his shoulder, "Hey Jon, I thought we were good for parts. Let's not mess up our agreement. And when did you go for parts anyways?" The man turned his head to the side, waiting for a reply, showing his pointed ears.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 15, 2015, 03:31:38 am »

Inform them that we do not know a person named jon, but we are interested in the parts he has to sell. Activate our latent Capitalism SubroutineTM, and begin investigating the parts for anything that might match us, or could be reassembled into something useful like a decoy or another companion.
Alternatively if they go to try and trigger an alarm or attack us, use our chaos powers to distract/incapacitate them and run for it.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
  • I do not use social media regularly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 15, 2015, 01:19:51 pm »

Inform them that we do not know a person named jon, but we are interested in the parts he has to sell. Activate our latent Capitalism SubroutineTM, and begin investigating the parts for anything that might match us, or could be reassembled into something useful like a decoy or another companion.
Alternatively if they go to try and trigger an alarm or attack us, use our chaos powers to distract/incapacitate them and run for it.
Something along the lines of this would be good.
Max avatar size is 80x80

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 15, 2015, 02:50:23 pm »

Ohfoor tipped his head off to the side quizzically speaking in a smooth toned voice, "I don't think I know a Jon, mind if I look over the parts?" He nonchalantly picked up a part, looking it over, but he couldn't make heads or tails of what the part was for. Despite being a robot of sorts he had no idea what kind of parts would even be relevant to himself.

The man with the pointy-ears sprang up from his chair, nearly knocking down the chair in the process from the sheer speed of the motion. He shouted out the door to the neighboring room, "What the fu-... JON! Did you let someone back here?!" The man's long narrow face looked over Ohfoor with a profound confusion. His hand was behind his back level with his waistline, but tensely waited for a reply. He let his guard down for a second, "What the hell are you even?"

A voice bellowed back, "No? Why?" The owner of the deep voice entered the room, slouching to get into the doorframe. Jon was at least 7 feet tall with a thickset muscular build, a pair of small horns adorned his head and portions of his upper body were lined, if not outright replaced with metal prosthetics. He paused upon seeing Ohfoor, "Oh... The hell-?... What brings you here? Particularly our backroom." Ohfoor backed up slightly in shock of Jon's appearance. Not because of the cybernetics, but the completely unfamiliar horns and build.

Spoiler: Current Powers (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 15, 2015, 05:15:17 pm »

Be honest, these "people" seem like they may be on our side
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 15, 2015, 07:15:00 pm »

Be honest, these "people" seem like they may be on our side
+1
Max avatar size is 80x80

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 16, 2015, 11:35:59 am »

+1 to the above, though chaos powers are still not off the table right now.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 16, 2015, 02:01:08 pm »

Ohfoor cleared his speakers as he thought of what to say. "Well, I was being held captive, handcuffs and all, and I just used your elevator to escape." He put down the piece of metal he lifted off the shelf. "I'm not against buying something, but I have no idea what I can take." Not holding his tongue he added, "I don't even think I've seen people like yourselves before."

The lanky man uttered under his breath but it was quiet enough to hear him clearly, "Fuckin' corps and their bullshit science projects." He relaxed, freeing his hand from what was likely a pistol behind his back. "First of all, we're metahumans. We started popping out of the woodwork fifty, sixty years ago? There are a shit tonne of supremacist pricks out there that would sooner shank us than see us on the rich side of town." He took a step towards Ohfoor, but turned to Jon, "Jon, I don't want to screw up the deal we got going with the disposal guys downstairs. Make some calls to get him out of here before we're all screwed. I have a hunch."

Jon's puzzled look twisted to confused frustration, "What're you playing at Rick? I thought you said we'd lay low and start up a shop? This'll destroy the business if they so much as think we did this." He swung his mechanized fist, but caught himself short, likely trying not to break anything.

Rick retorted back quickly, "I have a hunch. Just do it." Jon left, not willing to argue with his business partner anymore. He turned back to Ohfoor as Jon ducked out of the door with a heavy shrug, "By the way, I'm Rick, and if you want parts, I'll need you to lose the jumpsuit, but we need to make this quick before they think to check up here for you. Other than that you can wait for Jon to set something up, or leave now. Your call."

Ohfoor shook his head, "This is a little awkward."

Rick nodded adjusting his cap, "You're telling me."

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 16, 2015, 04:53:20 pm »

Well Lets see what they can do, on the parts front...
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 16, 2015, 05:00:01 pm »

Yeah, we should wait it out with them.
Max avatar size is 80x80

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 17, 2015, 01:57:51 am »

Remember that we are a robot (possibly from the future) and with a clear conscience that we can't offend anyone, strip off the jumpsuit.
Then subsequently remember we do not have a jumpsuit, just a outer casing.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 17, 2015, 03:57:08 pm »

Ohfoor unzipped and removed his jumpsuit, as Rick gave him a quick once over. "It looks like a lot of old parts. Different manufacturers, different years. Except the torso and leg connectors. That looks new, and pretty flexible in connector types. You should be able to find or buy new arms and legs and still have them work." Rick started to unscrew the cover on the torso, "If I'm right, this'll all be new, and you won't have to worry about your internals for at least five to ten years. Won't even reach in, so don't worry about it." The cover popped off with a small amount of force, Rick looked a confused, then was holding his hand in front of his mouth as if a sour air hit his nose. He finally managed to spit out the words, "Holy shit. Yep. Internals are new... Except what isn't. Have you seen this? Your insides I mean." Ohfoor shook his head confused as his processors hummed within the now open chest cavity. Rick stood up, rifling through some cloth covered items in the corner of the room. He held a mirror out and angled it.

Ohfoor gazed into the mirror staring into the half-lit chest cavity. Inside, was a human skull covered in etchings occasionally glowing as electricity arched between it and his processors. Wait. The fuck? "...What?" was the only word that escaped his speakers. It took him half a minute of staring at the skull before he added, "Are you serious?" Rick just raised his hands into the air and furrowed his lip as if to say, 'how the fuck should I know'.

Rick raised a finger into the air, "Mind if I close that up? First time I've seen something like that and all, but the smell isn't exactly great." Not waiting for a reply he just grabbed the panel and screwed it back into place. "Anyways, Jon is setting you up with some people we used to know. If you want to make some money to get parts, ask to run errands." He tossed the white numbered jumpsuit back to Ohfoor, who quickly got dressed. "Right, how many credits are we working with for parts?" Ohfoor grabbed the cred stick and pressed down the button to show the amount. Rick just scratched at his head, "For that, we have some old manipulator arms. Pretty old, roughly as old as your current ones, but you'd have three fingers and a thumb instead of your old open/close flat hand. I can swing it for... 1,800c?"

Jon stepped into the room cutting the conversation short, "Rick, I set it up with the hotel down the block. They were a little hesitant to accept something that might be corporate tech. They want him to run a task before they'll even let him in the door." Rick just rolled his eyes, as Jon held out a massive mechanical hand gripping a small piece of paper with a phone number to Ohfoor, "They set up a line for instructions. Give them a call if you want a place to stay." Ohfoor took the paper and put it in one of the pockets of his jumpsuit.

Rick piped up, still wanting to do business, "So does that price sound reasonable?"

Spoiler: Current Powers (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 17, 2015, 04:43:49 pm »

Yep, that price sounds fine...
« Last Edit: October 17, 2015, 04:45:22 pm by crazyabe »
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile