Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: A Flexible Mind: A Shadowrun Suggestion Game  (Read 17545 times)

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
Re: A Flexible Mind: Now With 100% More Robots [SG]
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2015, 06:13:31 pm »

Examine the lock on the cell. We can remove the cuffs whenever. Best to let him think we're harmless.

((Is it possible to assign a power to Directed Chaos? So it's a chaotic random effect but accomplishes the intent?))

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
  • I do not use social media regularly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2015, 07:30:20 am »

Examine the lock on the cell. We can remove the cuffs whenever. Best to let him think we're harmless.

((Is it possible to assign a power to Directed Chaos? So it's a chaotic random effect but accomplishes the intent?))
plus
Max avatar size is 80x80

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2015, 09:27:35 pm »

Looking at the lock Ohfoor could see the mechanisms inside clearly, but couldn't touch the gears. It was an oversized turn-key lock, likely recycled from long ago to cut down on costs. Ohfoor could overhear the guard talking on the radio, "This is Charlie at Disposal Site 3, we have an active machine in the isolation cells. Please advise." There was a long pause, "Yeah. Central cell. Over." There was another pause, shorter. "...You want me to what? I'll need to go to lock-up for that. I'll be a moment, over." He placed his keys above the desk on a small suspended plastic hook and jogged out of the room. His footsteps moving further and further out. With the guard gone there was a clear view of the 3 drawer desk, small, wooden, and worse for wear. On the desk, random papers strewn about, a small extemely thin laptop, and above, a keyring next to a beat-up brown leather jacket.

Spoiler: Current Powers (click to show/hide)

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2015, 11:17:37 pm »

Can we assign to Gravity and attempt to make the keyring fall in our direction by shifting its gravity?

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2015, 12:20:59 am »

Can we assign to Gravity and attempt to make the keyring fall in our direction by shifting its gravity?
Yes, I'll add Gravity Shift to the powers. It's similar to telepathy, but different enough to warrant it's own spot. More potential for wall walking a little later on.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2015, 03:59:16 pm »

PTW.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2015, 09:50:21 pm »

+1 Use gravity powers.
Max avatar size is 80x80

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2015, 09:53:29 pm »

+1 Use gravity powers.
1UP
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2015, 02:42:15 pm »

Gravity is pulling (the key) (toward us).
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2015, 11:54:23 am »

( Sorry for the delay. Had chores to do after work, then I was sick the day after. :x )

Ohfoor stared closely at the key on the wall, it shook slightly in place as the leather jacket next to it on the wall collapsed to the ground. The white light illuminating the containment area dimmed and flickered infrequently as the monitor blared bright bars of random colour. The keys softly rattled as it arched further and further up the plastic hook holding it in place, until it popped free. The metal keys clanged as the crashed into the floor on the other side of the cell's bars, and Ohfoor quickly picked them up.

How did... no. There was no time to ponder on it. He unlocked his cell, pushed the door open and let himself out. The containment area he was in was 3 cells deep, one empty, his own, and one for what looked like a military grade machine. The guards desk had a laptop opened to a messaging system, which seemed to have survived spitting rainbows for a moment, the leather jacket on the floor and a few desk drawers. A quick check turned up a spare radio, flashlight, and pistol ammunition.

Outside the hallway was a sheet metal pathway leading off in a few directions, and beyond the cells of the room Ohfoor is in is another path, seemingly less open with a sharp turn and whurring server-laden walls.

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2015, 04:01:52 pm »

Examine the military grade machine. Try communicating with it if possible.
Max avatar size is 80x80

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2015, 08:37:51 pm »

Ohfoor walked over to the far cell, unlocking the steel door with a heavy click. Inside was a solidly built machine, 6 feet tall, and at least 4 feet wide. It's weapon mounts were next to it's small processing dome, which was encased in tightly locked plates of metal. Behind the massive metal beast was an operator platform to stand at along with a switchbox to activate or deactivate the thing. Two hidden legs were curled in behind the two main legs, a quadruped with wheels folded next to it's somewhat padded boxy feet. The thick armored wires connecting the legs were dangling free, but they never bothered to cover the place where it connects.

Ohfoor checked behind the machine, sure enough the switchbox was still unlocked. They really weren't expecting this. The lights between it's armor flared to life and it's central dome span to see who turned it on. A robotic voice gratingly came out, "No operational files detected. Manual input required. State your name." Hmmm? Asking for operational commands... from a robot? Well, it is at a disposal site. Can't expect perfection.

"04716-238415", he flatly replied to the immobile goliath. He closed it's switchbox and stood himself up while straightening his jumpsuit.

The machine just hummed patiently before grating out, "State your name."

Ohfoor scratched at the plastic of his CRT monitor head, "04716-238415?" Silence... "Ohfoor?"

The machine beeped at the name. "Operator registered, Ohfoor. State a command."

[spoiler-Current Powers]Gravity Shift
Chaos (Always Present)

(See OOC for list of available powers, and to add to it)[/spoiler]

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 04, 2015, 08:51:44 pm »

"Query: What commands are available?"
Sigtext

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2015, 12:29:51 am »

"Query: What commands are available?"
+1.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2015, 01:52:47 am »

I feel compelled to join and antagonize.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7