Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: A Flexible Mind: A Shadowrun Suggestion Game  (Read 17535 times)

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A Flexible Mind: Now With 100% More Robots [SG]
« Reply #90 on: October 18, 2015, 09:27:43 pm »

Ohfoor nodded, "Yeah. Sounds good to me." He absent-mindedly looked over the phone number on the paper, contemplating whether he'd actually need a place to stay or not.

Rick went over a room, opening up a display case up front, coming back with a decently worn pair of mechanical arms. It was exactly as advertised, 3 slender fingers and a thumb and the same kind of spindly arms he already had. Likely wouldn't carry much weight, but then again the ones he had now wouldn't be much better for that kind of thing. "We don't normally switch out parts, but luckily it's old enough to not need specialized tools. Just a wrench should be fine." He nudged his head over towards the desk in the corner, "Come on. I need a flat surface to place your arms onto." He tapped his hands on the swivel chair. "Sit down. I'll make it quick." He tossed something towards Jon, "Hey Jon, take 1,800c off this when you have a sec." Jon silently nodded as he walked out with a cred stick. Ohfoor checked his pockets as he sat down, sure enough, there was no cred stick. When did he? What kind of work did he do before this? Rick piped up as he saw him check his pockets, "Don't sweat the details. This'll be quick." He unzipped a little of the jumpsuit, just to get the arms free of it.

The man with the pointed ears started unscrewing the connector of Ohfoor's left arm. It was strange sensation, almost a dull distant pain as the wrench spun to remove the nuts holding it in place. Then he carefully removed the power cord and his entire arm with it, leaving a weird empty feeling as he cautiously tried moving it only to feel the nothingness that used to be his limb. The metahuman slowly moved the new part into place, connected the wires and started applying the nuts to hold the new part. Ohfoor flexed his fingers, holding out his arm in front of him. His hand felt a little out of place and clumsy, like an arm that fell asleep. He then started on the second, removing the part with the same dull pain. As he place the second arm on the table a sound resonated at the back of the storeroom. The elevator roared into motion rattling dust from the light fixture. "That can't be good. How long do we have?"

Rick adjusted his worn red baseball cap, "Three minutes for it to go down and back up." He slammed the wrench down on the table. "Shit-" He paused, cursing and slamming his fist onto the wooden desk, "I don't have enough time to do this. You need to get lost right now." Rick pointed to the front room, "Take your arm and a wrench. You'll have to do it yourself. They can't know you went this way or we're all kinda screwed, ya got me?" He called out to Jon, "Yo Jon! Got that cred stick ready? We're kinda fucked for time!"

A deep voice called up from the front, "Jon's a little busy. This is Starway Security. Come to the front with your hands up. You're being charged with illegitimate retail licensing and we're here to bring you in." Leaning forward Ohfoor could see a bald muscular man in a solid navy blue uniform. He was holding a pistol to Jon's head with a foot firmly pressed into Jon's back to hold him against the ground, or at least know if he tried something.

A second male voice called out from just out of sight, "Come on, let's make this simple. You know we're the law around here." The voice let out a hesitating laugh as he lowered his voice to talk to his partner, "Man, I love these charges. Nice and simple." He raised his voice back up, "Hands up, or we'll have to consider it resisting arrest!"

Rick sat down on the desk, drawing a pistol from behind his back, checking the magazine, and cocking the slide. He whispered under his breath, "We're fucked. Elevator or out there, doesn't matter now." He nodded his head to the opposite corner of the room, "There is a hatch with a ladder to the roof on the other side of the room, just past the last shelf. I'll take care of things." He stood up off the desk whispering under his breath, "Sorry Jon." He waited with his pistol at the ready for Ohfoor to take the wrench and arm.

Spoiler: Current Powers (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 18, 2015, 09:32:54 pm »

Taze the men.
(Lightning)
« Last Edit: October 18, 2015, 09:58:12 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
Re: A Flexible Mind: Now With 100% More Police Brutality [SG]
« Reply #92 on: October 18, 2015, 09:43:30 pm »

Use chaos on The man holding jon's hostage's stomach lets see how precise we can be with this?
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
  • I do not use social media regularly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 19, 2015, 04:36:54 pm »

Taze the men.
(Lightning)
I'm going to have to go with this because chaos is too unpredictable.
Max avatar size is 80x80

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 19, 2015, 08:01:18 pm »

Ohfoor blatantly ignored Rick's suggestion to just take the hatch to the roof and turned to the doorway, focusing on the muscular bald man pressing his foot into Jon's back. Rick shouted at the robot, "Hey, what the hell do you think you're doing?!" The bald man, relaxed his arm for a moment as he looked on in confusion. A second later his entire body tensed firing a round from his handgun as he let out a scream of confused pain as lightning arched off of him, unfortunately also passing electricity through Jon. Jon gritted his teeth with a wide-eyed stare as his mechanical arms vibrated madly, fortunately for him the man being electrocuted fell back onto the floor away from him, freeing him of the predicament. The second Starway Security guy watched the doorway to the storage room with a sudden overwhelming fear of a mysterious attack. His pistol armed to shoot the first thing that dared to move out of it.

Ohfoor walked into the main area of the scrap store, looking over only to stare down the barrel of a pistol at ten feet, the light shining through the dust caked windows backlighting the gunman. The robot started focusing on the second man as gunfire erupted within the room. One shot hit his hip, fracturing plastic and burning a small hole in his white jumpsuit. The second missed, cracking the glass display case in the corner, dropping glass shards around the base of the display stand. Two shots was all he managed to fire as he too contorted from the sheer amount of electrical energy being forced through his body, and like his partner he collapsed in a twitching pile on the tile floor. A quick check of the two attackers showed they were both alive and breathing, but rendered unconscious.

Rick peeked his head out of the storeroom when the gunfire stopped uttering quietly, "That ain't magic..." He pushed past Ohfoor, rushing to Jon and abandoning his pistol beside him. Jon let out a groan of pain, lying in a small pool of blood with a bullet wound the size of a dime in his shoulder, and his arms still smoking. Rick let out a heavy sigh and smiled, "Geez. Don't scare me like that. Get the fuck up Jon. You can't patch the exit wound with you lyin' on it." No longer greatly concerned Rick picked his pistol back up, and disconnected the first aid kit off the wall just above the granite countertop, rifling through the box to find gauze and disinfectant. Jon grunted as he stood himself up, getting blood on his smoking metal hands in the process. Rick while handing called over to Ohfoor noting the small hole in the jumpsuit, "How about you? Can you still move okay? 'Cause we still need to go right now."

A few quick tests showed no problems moving. He gave a thumbs up, "I'm still doing good."

Rick walked over to the window with his pistol drawn, peering through the dirty glass, "Thank goodness. Looks like it was just the one patrol car." He turned back to Ohfoor once again with a serious look, "We're going to head to the hotel down the road. That's the 'Blue Sapphire Hotel' to get whatever is left of the bullet out of Jon." He pointed to the door at the back as he tucked his pistol back into his jeans,  "Go into the backroom and get your arm and a wench, find a quiet spot out there and finish what I started." As he was about to open the door to the outside he added, "Oh, and ah... Thanks. If you want a weapon you'll find a little shop on 4th and MacGill called 'Vera'. Tell 'em Rick and Jon sent ya. They still owe me a favor." Rick pulled the door open and left, walking down the street.

Jon was about to follow, holding his bleeding shoulder, when he remembered something, "Right. Your cred stick. Catch." He tossed the stick to Ohfoor who caught it with relative ease, well, as much ease as someone with one arm can. "Reminds me, I think I left mine in the basement. I'll have to come back sometime. Not sure what you did back there, but thanks." He waved and walked out the door, trying his hardest not to move his injured shoulder.

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 19, 2015, 08:35:23 pm »

I just have to say that writing has been pretty wicked so far. I'll hopefully suggest something at a later time.

EDIT: Head up to the roof and fix our arm there.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2015, 05:19:33 pm by StrawBarrel »
Max avatar size is 80x80

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 22, 2015, 01:34:11 am »

Ohfoor went into the backroom where the elevator motor was still giving it's all. He grabbed the wrench off the table and pocketed it in his white jumpsuit. His now articulate fingers wrapped around his second arm, carrying around the shelves to the far corner where the iron ladder to the roof was. Looking up, then at the arm, then his pockets he thought about it for a moment before unzipping his jumpsuit enough to slide the arm in the empty sleeve, holding it in place while struggled with the minor climb. He leaned his metal body into the ladder in an attempt to not slip each time he moved his one working arm up wrung after wrung for the short distance leading to the roof. Ohfoor arrived on the final set of wrungs, pushing open the hatch and forcing the sunlight through the musty air of the storeroom. A new sound echoed behind him mixed in with the sounds of the elevator, growing closer and closer. It sounded like someone pacing back and forth, likely in... dress shoes? A sudden feeling of dread filled him as he rushed to pull himself up through the hatch before he was found out. He closed the hatch behind him, staying close to listen whether he should be worried about being found or not. Beyond the hatch, Ohfoor heard the elevator grind to a halt and the heavy click of heels step out. A few moments of eavesdropping later a voice quietly spoke, "Parts of the subject found in the storeroom connecting to disposal site 3. It has likely found assistance. The parts were intentionally not precise enough to manipulate tools well. Send a vehicle to collect the Starway Security members to ID the help. Use force if necessary. Corporate concerns. I'm sure they'll understand the losses if it comes to it."

It sounded like the mystery man moved into the next room, forcing a sigh of relief as he unzipped the jumpsuit to get his arm and start connecting it. It didn't take long to wrench the part in place. Took him a few tries to get the wire properly lined up to power the newly connected arm, but he managed it in the end. He walked over the unmaintained cracked surface of the roof to scope out the area. A large black van with blacked out windows rolled up to the front of the building as two larger built men in black and white suits waited on the street with electrified stun batons, as the two Starway members walked out into the streets with their arms held above their heads, blood running from their heavily beaten and broken faces. They were definitely in much worse shape than when he tazed them. There were two collapsible ladders on the roof, one on the side leading down the street adjacent leading to what looked like a crowded neon-lit shopping district. The other led down the back of the building, leading to several bonfires burning in corroded oil drums where people where huddled, some standing, some laying down against the walls. A small building stood past the bonfires in back, nestled in between two other buildings in an alleyway and lit with blue flame lamp posts and purple neon in what looked like an incomprehensible language.

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 22, 2015, 01:28:05 pm »

Climb down the ladder towards the bonfires and wander around for a bit.
Max avatar size is 80x80

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A Flexible Mind: A Shadowrun Suggestion Game
« Reply #98 on: October 24, 2015, 11:35:06 am »

Ohfoor gripped the lever of the emergency escape ladder. It was fairly rusted, but after a few seconds it snapped shut, releasing the ladder to the ground below with a dull thud. He lowered himself onto the rungs, each step resonating with a metallic tone as he got closer and closer to the bottom. A bonfire burned at the landing, nearly down to embers that shined dully through the holes in the sides of the metal drum it burned in.

As he walked towards the people standing around a lady that looked like she was in her mid-20s called out to Ohfoor, "Captain! Welcome back, sir.", saluting with a hand at her chest as if she was a the military of some sort. Another one of them pulled her arm down, seemingly trying to stop her from doing such things, but she struggled to keep her salute going. One of the people huddled around the fire held a pipe, and another grabbed a makeshift blade from broken sheet metal, cloth, and a wooden handle from the ground. There were six of them in all, and they seemed cautious, but more afraid than anything, not willing to make the first move or run away. Ohfoor stopped for a moment, looking at the people standing around the fire. They looked unwell and pale, most of them had unkempt dirty hair dressed in layers of torn, worn-out clothes. A few of them had implants on the side of their heads, including the eccentric female who seemed to have calmed down. At least one of them weren't quite human, one with jutting teeth, an unusual build and pointed ears, and another was bald with lines of glowing blue streaking down his face and neck, but with their hood it was hard to be certain. The man in the hood stared at you with glowing blue eyes, visibly sweating and most definitely the most nervous of the group.

Beside the group of cautious rundown-looking people was a large building, hidden between the two buildings adjacent to it. A phone booth was illuminated in the strange blue flames of the lamp posts adored the far side of the building, next to the door. The purple neon sign above the door was still simply incomprehensible, almost seeming to change with each direct look at the neon light. Something about the place made Ohfoor feel uneasy, but he wasn't sure what.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 24, 2015, 11:40:27 am »

((When did this become Shadowrun?))
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 24, 2015, 01:00:24 pm »

((Always was. Just didn't say it til now. :P))

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 25, 2015, 10:15:54 am »

Ohfoor should introduce himself. He should then explain to the people that he is lost and ask if they can give him directions to the intersection of 4th and MacGill.
Max avatar size is 80x80

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 25, 2015, 10:17:08 am »

((Always was. Just didn't say it til now. :P))
((Things To Do: Shadowrun.))
Sigtext

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]