Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Imperial Guard Stronghold  (Read 4577 times)

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
Imperial Guard Stronghold
« on: September 26, 2015, 09:37:35 pm »

So i'm playing the sisters of battle and I took over the entire Karuva system..except the Imperial Stronghold. Are their any cheats I can use for getting free stuff or have an insta win?

I'm not really about fighting inch by inch while the AI just spawns random shit out of nowhere likes it's been doing...unless theirs something I'm not seeing. Thus far in the map I destroyed the Super artillery thingy in the middle but the Basilisks convoys continue to go strong. Again, super annoying level and I'm starting to think that the devs were like "Oh shit are AI sucks at skirmishing/open battles are super repetive. Lets make this stronghold hard as FUC Iron.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
Re: Imperial Guard Stronghold
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2015, 09:50:49 pm »

Playing some DOW there then it seems. I mean, just finish the game. It's not super hard. Just build obtuse amounts of Exorcists.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2015, 12:03:17 am »

Not really. Strongholds are a pain because of the difficulty as it ramps up quickly and the few points that your allowed to get.

For example tried the Ork stronghold in a different save. Much better but as time went on I just get overloaded and I can't replace my losses.

This sounds lazy but I don't feel like waiting for resources at all and I just want to beat the game.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2015, 12:06:19 am »

You can point cheat engine or art money or whatever at it and mess with the resource amounts with a tiny bit of effort.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2015, 01:07:30 am »

You can point cheat engine or art money or whatever at it and mess with the resource amounts with a tiny bit of effort.

Im usong the Steam version btw. Also what?

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2015, 01:22:53 am »

He said be a noob and cheat your arse off.
It's a game. Have fun.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2015, 01:26:42 am »

Hey, are you playing vanilla or UA?
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2015, 01:52:44 am »

Soul storm. How do I cheat then?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2015, 06:34:26 am »

He said be a noob and cheat your arse off.
... I said use a memory editor and adjust the resource values as desired. Got no disdain for someone that wants to make a game more in line with what they desire, and about half the stuff I end up using CE for these days is testing game mechanics, not making things easier, so the noob appellation really doesn't fit the suggestion. Cheatin's a'ight. Has its place.

Soul storm. How do I cheat then?
As I said, cheat engine, or one of its equivalents. You can get CE here. It's a useful little tool. Just checked, and requisition and energy are stored as float values (this will make sense if you're looking in CE's interface, heh). Looks like there shouldn't even be too many of them. Won't take more than one or two filters per resource to find the number and set it to whatever amount you feel like. Took me something like a minute, if that, after loading up a skirmish game to stick a zero at the end of the starting requisition, heh.

... alternately, you can use the built in cheat functions.
Ask not!
Ask!

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2015, 07:15:30 am »

What difficulty are you playing on? If it's normal the mission is pretty easy actually. The main thing is that you don't want to drag it out, simply build up your forces and then sweep across the map, replacing losses as you go. It's not terribly difficult if a bit tedious, or you can just beeline for their stronghold which is a viable option too, especially if you get your legendary and some tanks out. Plus, if you've already taken over the rest of the system then your commander and HG should be stupidly strong at this point, making the mission extra easy too.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2015, 07:52:48 am »

The most important aspect of fighting the IG is do not let them get momentum up. Your stuff is pretty much all better than theirs, but they can spam it for very little costs.

(Also the game doesn't usually cheat spawn units in, usually the stronghold just starts with a lot of troops and troop factories around the whole map.)
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2015, 11:10:19 am »

Ya  I can't play like that. Again these kinds of maps are built to break the flow of the game (an you know what yay for that plus I like cut-schenes) but the fact that I'm not being allowed to capture a huge amount of points like before is annyoing. Nearly every other map that I played allowed me to do just that but here it's not allowed. In army men RTS and just about every RTS game I ever played I did the same thing: Shock and break up enemy units, build up and scout, and then drop the hammer on them.

EDIT: By the way It's on easy.

EDIT 2: Downloaded the cheat engine but really unsure if this is legit so I deleted it. I think i'm going to ask for a refund from steam and just buy it on ebay or something. If there are any devs here making games please understand that we casuals like games too. We just don't have time to learn and want to experience your game. :)
« Last Edit: September 27, 2015, 12:12:45 pm by 3man75 »

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2015, 12:47:41 pm »

... unless something has changed in the recent updates, CE's about as legit as anything. I use it all the time -- it's just about the best casual use memory editor in existence. If you're really worried, I could bundle up the slightly older version I use and upload it somewhere?

Did you at least check and see if the built-in cheat functions work in the campaign?
Ask not!
Ask!

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2015, 01:25:24 pm »

How are you not stomping the map with just your honor guard and commander then? Seriously, if you game it just a bit the IG stronghold is easily one of the easiest on medium, I can only image how laughable it gets on easy :S
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2015, 01:30:24 pm »

I tried to understand it but to no avail. I can't seem to get it to work with soulstorm and the best I can do is link it up with Steam.

How are you not stomping the map with just your honor guard and commander then? Seriously, if you game it just a bit the IG stronghold is easily one of the easiest on medium, I can only image how laughable it gets on easy :S

Because i'm bad and I don't want to get better? I'll do it again this time by just trowing my honor guard in and summoining up the buildings again from the beggining but I just don't see it working.
Pages: [1] 2