Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Room Value?  (Read 876 times)

someone12345

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Room Value?
« on: September 27, 2015, 07:08:21 pm »

One of my dwarves was just declared king, so I started to give him fancy rooms. I made him a dining room, then put a display stand (modded) with a 40k wooden trumpet in it, but the room is still just a "dining room" and not a "royal dining room". Why is this? Doesn't a royal dining room just need 10k value?
GENERATION 26:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experime

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
Re: Room Value?
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2015, 07:16:56 pm »

Strange. Maybe the display stand is slightly outside the dining room borders?

Try adding a few others things within the room, such as statues, to see if it affects anything.

Also, where are you viewing the name from?

someone12345

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2015, 07:46:43 pm »

The stand is right next to the table. Also, I am seeing the dining room name from both the room menu and noble menu.
GENERATION 26:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experime

Goatmaan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2015, 01:31:41 am »

Smooth and engrave the walls. Also make sure to x pand the furniture list when placing beds, tables, chairs, armorstands....give him the best you have.

Goatmaan
My !!XXcpuXX!! *HATES* me.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2015, 02:22:03 am »

I generally make 11*11 rooms for the king (and the duke), and they'll get the value required from smoothing and engraving alone.
I also try to give everyone masterworks stuff (with artifacts to the king/duke, if I happen to get any. That can increase the value while the engraver works.

Tharwen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2015, 09:24:32 am »

The only thing I can think of is to double check that there's no other room overlapping the artifact.

Otherwise, maybe there's a glitch with the modded display stand?
[Signature]

someone12345

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2015, 04:33:43 pm »

No, it was because the display stand was placed before the table. Then, it does not count towards room value. I removed it and put it back, and then it counted as a royal dining room.

celem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2015, 08:01:58 am »

Oh now that is good to know, never realized it worked that way, thanks for letting us know.
Marksdwarf Pillboxes
I wish I had something cool to say about this.  Because it's really cool.