Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Orbital Assault - Do you want to live forever marine?  (Read 5837 times)

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Orbital Assault - Do you want to live forever marine?
« Reply #45 on: October 01, 2015, 04:14:49 pm »

"Oh, that's just great."Equip shield and pistol, leave the store, and see if i can "borrow" a vehicle.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2015, 05:37:44 pm by Zormod »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 01, 2015, 04:49:20 pm »

Get my gear out of the pod. Locate my squad commander via HUD and group up. Wait for stragglers. Head north with the group.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 01, 2015, 04:58:21 pm »

((Darn, didn't get to ask questions. Oh well, into the fray!))

Get into cover and check perimeter. How far to the forest? Start going for the forest once those going there are ready to move. Move to the objective along the edge of it.

((By the way, do we have an nco npc to command us, or are each of us supposed to just do whatever we fel like?))

Contact whatever we have in terms of field command.
:Yamato here. Our squad has landed well, 2 troopers unnaccounted for. No hostiles yet, some civvies though.:

Then, on the squad channel.
:Yamato here. Zeron, Pyronia, where did you land, and what's your status?:

Then he addressed his squad directly.
"So, now what? I'd say we regroup with the other two if we can and move up to the objective through the forest's edge. It'll give us some cover, and concealment from whatever ordnance they can throw at us. And get us out of this urban area, I'd rather not be blindsided. This ok for the rest of you?"

(Switched color to prevent confusion with the gm's color.)
« Last Edit: October 02, 2015, 09:01:42 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 01, 2015, 05:21:24 pm »

DROP ME, AIM DANGEROUSLY CLOSE TO SOMEONE
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 01, 2015, 05:29:38 pm »

"March to the objective troopers! Those who fall behind stay behind."
March along the edge of the forest towards the enemy base.

Oh, and message to Amyclas: "Are you okay? It looks like someone chose the wrong drop pod."
« Last Edit: October 01, 2015, 06:37:07 pm by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 01, 2015, 05:31:27 pm »

:I'm in a town south of the objective, and the locals seem to be friendly enough for now:
« Last Edit: October 01, 2015, 05:36:55 pm by Zormod »

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 01, 2015, 06:01:57 pm »

With the enemy soldiers so close, Amyclas has to silence his radio. Can it, Mr Radio man, can't you see that I need to be a bit sneaky here?

He takes cover by lying prone in a defilade and waits for the enemy patrol to come closer, his flamethrower ready to open up when they do.
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

Crimson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 01, 2015, 06:22:12 pm »

Contact Zeron: "Hudson here. I read you Zeron. No response from Pyronia. Either he's toast or is busy keeping a low profile. Anyway, let's regroup ASAP as Yamato suggests."

Confirm that I have all my equipment. Move out with the rest of my teammates. Travel along the edge of the forest close to the road to keep watch for any enemies that might be patrolling the area.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2015, 06:29:30 pm by Crimson »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 02, 2015, 07:35:26 am »

Way ahead of you Yamato. Regrouping is SOP for drops anyway, since all the way back when they used cloth on strings to drop from.

Yo, Amyclas, Your radio is an earbud and a subvocal mike in your throat. No one can hear you unless they have one in their ear. speak up. What's your situation?

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 02, 2015, 08:50:53 am »

*whispers*

"Amyclas here, Situation excellent, about to cook me some dinner."

Focuses on the group of soldiers closing in on him.
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 02, 2015, 08:59:03 am »

Way ahead of you Yamato. Regrouping is SOP for drops anyway, since all the way back when they used cloth on strings to drop from.

Yo, Amyclas, Your radio is an earbud and a subvocal mike in your throat. No one can hear you unless they have one in their ear. speak up. What's your situation?

((You sure? I thought it said we have 'radios built into your helmets'. Unless I missed it of course.))

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 02, 2015, 09:00:04 am »

Follow the squad, and perform a valiant rearguard action, in case our pods betray us.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 02, 2015, 02:19:23 pm »

((You sure? I thought it said we have 'radios built into your helmets'. Unless I missed it of course.))
((I reject your reality and substitute my own. Pending GM retribution. ))

HavingPhun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 05, 2015, 08:21:17 pm »

A had a busy weekend + monday, so forgive me for the lack of response until now.

DROP ME, AIM DANGEROUSLY CLOSE TO SOMEONE
Sorry about that, I missed you on the initial launch. You'll drop when I update fully tomorrow.

((I reject your reality and substitute my own. Pending GM retribution. ))
You are both right. I did say that your radio is built into your helmet, but, I like the idea of microphone implant in ones throat. So, we'll say that you all have the mikes built into yourselves. But, the actual long range uplink is in your helmet. If all of your helmets are destroyed, then you'll only have short range comms.

The idea being that if your helmet is destroyed, you are probably dead as well.

Also, you can activate and de-active your radios with a thought.

((Darn, didn't get to ask questions. Oh well, into the fray!))

Get into cover and check perimeter. How far to the forest? Start going for the forest once those going there are ready to move. Move to the objective along the edge of it.

((By the way, do we have an nco npc to command us, or are each of us supposed to just do whatever we fel like?))

Contact whatever we have in terms of field command.
:Yamato here. Our squad has landed well, 2 troopers unnaccounted for. No hostiles yet, some civvies though.:

Then, on the squad channel.
:Yamato here. Zeron, Pyronia, where did you land, and what's your status?:

Then he addressed his squad directly.
"So, now what? I'd say we regroup with the other two if we can and move up to the objective through the forest's edge. It'll give us some cover, and concealment from whatever ordnance they can throw at us. And get us out of this urban area, I'd rather not be blindsided. This ok for the rest of you?"

(Switched color to prevent confusion with the gm's color.)

Well, you will have people above you relaying info with the radios, and giving you objectives. Then you all just complete them however you want to. If anyone is still alive once this game has been going on for a while, there might be promotions of sorts for characters who have survived large amounts of combat. Perhaps with those people leading their own squads.

Ask away with those questions, you have radio contact with command.
______________________________________________________________________________________________

Full update tomorrow. Regular updates will now begin, I just sometimes get busy with school.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 06, 2015, 03:39:28 pm »

Full update tomorrow. Regular updates will now begin, I just sometimes get busy with school.
((No probs, school work comes first, we'll still be here to play imaginary spessmans later.))

((Maybe imagine this was asked before we dropped, cause it'd be kinda weird to only ask it once in the field. Or not, your call of course.))
To command:
"Sir, if I may ask, what sort of resistance can we expect? What does the enemy have in terms of equipment and support, how well could they be entrenched, what's their training? Are we facing rowdy farmers or ex-Terran Alliance military?

What can we expect from the civvie population? Will they be hostile or friendly? What're our rules of engagement?

Do we have any air, armor or artillery support once we're down?

What's the layout of the area? Any parts we should be aware, or wary, of?

Is gassing the enemy base an option?"

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5